NYCFC expect Frank Lampard to miss season opener due to injury

Horrible, that's what happens when you enter the league and continue the MLS retirement league stereotype.... Instead of signing guys in the Gignac, Giovinvo, Dos Santos bracket.....

Reactions: Futbolkicks
I'm still wondering if that Frank-RJ slide tackle during training where they both slammed into the net was what caused this, lol. Anyone still have that video?

Reactions: Kjbert
Meh. Slide TMac and Mix on either side of Pirlo and we'll be fine. Lamps is a luxury player.

This means that since Lamps didn't play in preseason he's going to come back and play in slow motion for 3-4 games until getting fit. Cant see how he starts season opener next week.

If it opens space for Poku it's a net positive.

So only old guys get hurt and miss the season opener? Like RJ, mena, Harrison?

Injuries happen in all sports, blaming Frank for that is ridiculous

I'm Blaming our team for getting old players with a higher likelihood of injury, let's not act like the Lampard thing hasnt been a mess. And again it's on the team not him so don't hide it behind a generic/vague things happen comment

I'm Blaming our team for getting old players with a higher likelihood of injury, let's not act like the Lampard thing hasnt been a mess. And again it's on the team not him so don't hide it behind a generic/vague things happen comment
We have four injured guys, one is old, three are young. HOw do you figure that older guys have a higher likelihood of injury? I'd say its the opposite, if you've made it this far in your career without serious injury, you are less likely to have one now. Its a calf strain. Muscular injuries can happen to any athlete at any time. Pirlo is just as old, and I haven't heard any complaints about him. I'd respond to your last sentence by saying don't hide an irrational hatred of Frank behind an injury concern.

We also signed a 19 year old that failed his combine physical. Injuries happen. Recoveries differ from player to player.

I'm not surprised at all. He didn't play in the preseason, so how can we expect him to be ready for the first game. This is probably unpopular opinion (and I am pissed that Man City kept him away from us for half the season last year), but I'm really pulling for him to have an awesome season. We could really use him as a scoring threat, and seeing all his interviews that he has been in, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. Just remember that players that come in halfway through the the season usually don't start doing well till the next year, (now I'm waiting for someone to quote and/or highlight that last part to rip me a new one).

Just remember that besides Villa, no one really had all that many goals last year. Lamps could change that for us if he pulls his shit together.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised at all. He didn't play in the preseason, so how can we expect him to be ready for the first game. This is probably unpopular opinion (and I am pissed that Man City kept him away from us for half the season last year), but I'm really pulling for him to have an awesome season. We could really use him as a scoring threat, and seeing all his interviews that he has been in, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. Just remember that a players that come in halfway through the the season usually don't start doing well till the next year, (now I'm waiting for someone to quote and/or highlight that last part to rip me a new one).

Just remember that besides Villa, no one really had all that many goals last year. Lamps could change that for us if he pulls his shit together.
Well put. Lamps is frustrating the shit out of me, but I'm not gonna jump on the hate bandwagon. I really think he can help this team this year quite a lot. When he started getting going at the end of last year, he was very productive.

Also, I do like him in the interviews I have seen as well. In the link you posted in the other thread, I actually liked the way he answered the question regarding NJRB. He owned up to they were better last year, but is looking to turn that around this year.

I'm not surprised at all. He didn't play in the preseason, so how can we expect him to be ready for the first game. This is probably unpopular opinion (and I am pissed that Man City kept him away from us for half the season last year), but I'm really pulling for him to have an awesome season. We could really use him as a scoring threat, and seeing all his interviews that he has been in, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. Just remember that a players that come in halfway through the the season usually don't start doing well till the next year, (now I'm waiting for someone to quote and/or highlight that last part to rip me a new one).

I'm with you

kit.jpg

I think he is the best option for the third midfield spot. I don't think Poku can play that kind of one touch shuttler role. He works better in one of the wings to me. He attacks and is creative in tight spaces. I'd play him over shelton there. So saying that I'd rather Frank than TMac in CM.

Reactions: Kjbert and hatt91
I'm not upset that he's missing this game. I'm disappointed that we used a DP spot on someone who missed half the season in 2015, was out repeatedly due to injuries in 2015, and continues to be injured in 2016 after missing all the preseason recovering. Cut your losses, NYCFC.