NYCFC in the Media Thread - 2017

I think my characterization would be acceptable in a summary judgment brief but fair point about this more personalized back and forth. Apologies.

I definitely honor the enforcement of contracts. I also know sometimes you win more by compromising than by enforcing the terms of your deal.
Even fucking raccoons know to chew their arm off if it's caught in a steel trap.

My Mix headcase post has nothing to do with his contract. It has to do with his attitude.

No one is asking him to take less money. They're asking him to go away or stop being a shithead

My Mix headcase post has nothing to do with his contract. It has to do with his attitude.

No one is asking him to take less money. They're asking him to go away or stop being a shithead
Wow- what you wrote is pure projection. How is Mix being a shithead? Seriously, give examples or give up that line of thought.

Wow- what you wrote is pure projection. How is Mix being a shithead? Seriously, give examples or give up that line of thought.
AHABS his tweets/snapchats.

Why do you seem to always take the position that Mix has to be 100% pure and blameless?

#mobilepost

Reactions: Kjbert
AHABS his tweets/snapchats.

Why do you seem to always take the position that Mix has to be 100% pure and blameless?

#mobilepost
His tweets/snapchats are many things, usually cryptic, but by no means are they shithead material.

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan said it best, and I'm paraphrasing, but Mix has given absolutely no reason to question his motives whereas saying the same thing about the FO is a step beyond what is reasonable to take.

AHABS we are dealing with imprecise information. Mix was given a perma ban for some reason that we don't know. That's generally an extreme sanction. It is reasonable speculation to believe that he engaged in unacceptable behavior. It's possible that he didn't and PV is Jose Mourninho. We don't know. But it is possible that he is responsible for causing this stand-off. Having an advantageous contract sometimes allows you to retain leverage (and your job) even though you may have acted inappropriately in a manner that doesn't rise to the level of cause. That may or may not be the case here. The team seriously hamstrung itself with an awful contract giving Mix the opportunity to use that leverage even if he has engaged in inappropriate conduct. Both sides likely have dug in their heels and acted unreasonably and irrationally to the detriment of both sides, the team and the fans. If a reasonable compromise is not possible due to the stubbornness of both/either, the team needs to bite the bullet and release and pay (or play him in some capacity if a clean slate for both sides is feasible, and clear minds conclude that he's a useful player going forward.)

Last edited:
AHABS we are dealing with imprecise information. Mix was given a perma ban for some reason that we don't know. That's generally an extreme sanction. It is reasonable speculation to believe that he engaged in unacceptable behavior. It's possible that he didn't and PV is Jose Mourninho. We don't know. But it is possible that he is responsible for causing this stand-off. Having an advantageous contract sometimes allows you to retain leverage (and your job) even though you may have acted inappropriately in a manner that doesn't rise to the level of cause. That may or may not be the case here. The team seriously hamstrung itself with an awful contract giving Mix the opportunity to use that leverage even if he has engaged in inappropriate conduct. Both sides likely have dug in their heals and acted unreasonably and irrationally to the detriment of both sides, the team and the fans. If a reasonable compromise is not possible due to the stubbornness of both/either, the team needs to bite the bullet and release and pay (or play him in some capacity if a clean slate for both sides is feasible, and clear minds conclude that he's a useful player going forward.)
Well said. And you cant disagree with it. But someone will.

My TL; DR of that: Doesn't matter who/what is at fault as to the cause. All that matters now is that it is solely on the club to sort this shit out instead of burning 20% of our cap to make a point.

AHABS we are dealing with imprecise information. Mix was given a perma ban for some reason that we don't know. That's generally an extreme sanction. It is reasonable speculation to believe that he engaged in unacceptable behavior. It's possible that he didn't and PV is Jose Mourninho. We don't know. But it is possible that he is responsible for causing this stand-off. Having an advantageous contract sometimes allows you to retain leverage (and your job) even though you may have acted inappropriately in a manner that doesn't rise to the level of cause. That may or may not be the case here. The team seriously hamstrung itself with an awful contract giving Mix the opportunity to use that leverage even if he has engaged in inappropriate conduct. Both sides likely have dug in their heals and acted unreasonably and irrationally to the detriment of both sides, the team and the fans. If a reasonable compromise is not possible due to the stubbornness of both/either, the team needs to bite the bullet and release and pay (or play him in some capacity if a clean slate for both sides is feasible, and clear minds conclude that he's a useful player going forward.)

First, I have to note that Garbowski's Rule™ kicked in immediately on this thread. Second, does anybody know whether if the club buys out a 2-year contract does it use up 2 years worth of uncharged buyouts under MLS rules? I can read the rule and it would seem the answer is it does not because it doesn't say otherwise, but MLS so who knows.

First, I have to note that Garbowski's Rule™ kicked in immediately on this thread. Second, does anybody know whether if the club buys out a 2-year contract does it use up 2 years worth of uncharged buyouts under MLS rules? I can read the rule and it would seem the answer is it does not because it doesn't say otherwise, but MLS so who knows.
I think your interpretation is correct based on sound jurisprudence. To interpret the rule otherwise would be a presumption that the rule's author/s intended a very strict prohibition they then did not include in the text. You'd have to be a real Ruth Bader to go that route.

That particular interpretation would be a stretch. The rule is to buy out a contract, not buy out a portion of the contract, and a contract is singular.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
I think your interpretation is correct based on sound jurisprudence. To interpret the rule otherwise would be a presumption that the rule's author/s intended a very strict prohibition they then did not include in the text. You'd have to be a real Ruth Bader to go that route.
Hey! Don't trash talk The Notorius RBG.

I think the word you are looking for is conjecture.

And it's not. He's a headcase to deal with.