NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

I would love to have Johansson, but I also wonder if we could do it without a DP salary. I think there are legitimate questions about what kind of form he has following so long off with that hip injury and whether he can even get back to his old form. Those questions may allow someone to get him at a wage that works in MLS.

He did score for Bremen in pre-season.

Reactions: Kjbert
I would love to have Johansson, but I also wonder if we could do it without a DP salary. I think there are legitimate questions about what kind of form he has following so long off with that hip injury and whether he can even get back to his old form. Those questions may allow someone to get him at a wage that works in MLS.

He did score for Bremen in pre-season.
Also, I don't think we've ever played with two starting center forwards unless we're chasing the game. I cringe every time I see us playing Maxi or even Villa as target forwards for crosses into the box but I don't know if Johannsson and Villa can coexist effectively, and we don't want to do anything to decrease our captain's success. That's part of the problem in grooming a successor to Villa. Also, we have our glaring needs at fullback.

In other words, I see Johannsson as a young American CF who not long ago commanded a 5 million transfer fee, and may be available much cheaper than that, which may be a good bargain. But he's not a player we can use.

Also, I don't think we've ever played with two starting center forwards unless we're chasing the game. I cringe every time I see us playing Maxi or even Villa as target forwards for crosses into the box but I don't know if Johannsson and Villa can coexist effectively, and we don't want to do anything to decrease our captain's success. That's part of the problem in grooming a successor to Villa. Also, we have our glaring needs at fullback.

In other words, I see Johannsson as a young American CF who not long ago commanded a 5 million transfer fee, and may be available much cheaper than that, which may be a good bargain. But he's not a player we can use.

I could be wrong, but I think AJ can play on a wing, and he can certainly shift to the center if Villa is out for some reason, giving us the backup we haven't had in a while.

If you want someone getting on top of headers Johannsson is not your guy.

Remember that guys like Guzan and Klejstan are on non-DP deals.
Well technically Klejstan is a DP according to MLS website. That's more a factor of RB being cheap as hell because his salary is in the range of a TAM player.

What about Aron Johannsson??

Article HERE.

US international who hasn't gotten much playing time in the Bundesliga due to injuries. Would be an awesome option to have as a backup striker or potentially winger to aid the attack. I think would add more as a sub than Okoli has (haven't seen the RBNJ game, apparently Okoli played well??) so far this season. Doesn't take up an international spot either.
I've told you guys, he has some sort of myalgia. Wouldn't touch that with RBNJ money. Too much risk.

He's class when fit, but he's neither physical nor fast.

Firm pass. Best of luck to him. Love him. Don't want him in my club at all.

I could be wrong, but I think AJ can play on a wing, and he can certainly shift to the center if Villa is out for some reason, giving us the backup we haven't had in a while.
You are wrong. He's not good on the wing at all. Nor is he a center forward. He's a straight up face the goal striker. And one who has myalgia. The end.

Reactions: Kjbert and Fake Jew
Someone mentioned that the plan was to sign more Maxis. I was told that directly. The plan for DPs moving forward is guys on the younger side relative to the Big Three who are more or less unknowns to the casual fan.

I was told that before the new Adidas Kit Deal. I don't know if that will affect the plan at all.

TAM in 2018 going to $2 Million but you have to opt in for the extra $800k much like purchasing a 3rd DP right now.

Reactions: JayH and Ulrich
TAM in 2018 going to $2 Million but you have to opt in for the extra $800k much like purchasing a 3rd DP right now.

What does that mean? You have to pay something like $200k in order to receive $800k of TAM? So a net gain of $800k in "cap" room for a cost of $X to the league coffers?

Interesting if so. More luxury-tax-like features. It's like picking up a bowling ball with a rubber band, but the league keeps adding more "rubber band" ownership groups and the bowling ball is getting lighter.

Une big mac pour Gignac? Oui oui. Lots of fine food for tubs to eat here.

But seriously I'd love Gignac. He's like everything we ever wanted Nemec to be.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
If teams are looking to get Ethan Finlay, and we just traded an INT spot for GAM, gotta think we might be one of the suitors