NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

170914_free_agents_lists.jpg

AJ De La Garza is also a nice player, but may demand too much money for us to go after him. At least he provides versatility.

Interesting to see Dempsey on the option list. You have to wonder if Seattle will pick that up. Clint is still a solid player, but not the superstar he was when he first got there.

Reactions: Kjbert
I was going to suggest a guy like Pontius would provide some great MF depth, but he's probably looking to start somewhere, and he's currently making over $400k.

Make it 3. Moor, Beitashour, and Morrow (league option).
I figured the league option on Morrow was a given - so few teams don't pick up options for starters. Moor and Beita make that team roll - if Toronto doesn't pick them up, another team or two will really benefit.

Think New England might clean house next season ? Kind of like Chicago ?

Any players u would take for depth.? Rowe and farrel are the only ones I really like. Doubt they move Rowe tho.

Think New England might clean house next season ? Kind of like Chicago ?

Any players u would take for depth.? Rowe and farrel are the only ones I really like. Doubt they move Rowe tho.
Potentially, but looking at their roster, any guys I may want for depth I doubt they'd get rid of (Rowe, Fagundez).

Agudelo would be interesting on the wing for us, but not sure at that salary.

Looking at some of the low-wage guys such as Kobayashi and Woodberry has me a bit interested, but to be honest, I don't know enough about them to really warrant if they would be good pickups.

I would be surprised to see us actively involved in in MLS Free Agency this winter

Reactions: The Toe
I figured the league option on Morrow was a given - so few teams don't pick up options for starters. Moor and Beita make that team roll - if Toronto doesn't pick them up, another team or two will really benefit.
They would be fools to not resign Moor, but they just signed a cheaper, younger RB this past window. They also did not really miss a beat when he was out injured.

They would be fools to not resign Moor, but they just signed a cheaper, younger RB this past window. They also did not really miss a beat when he was out injured.
Exactly, but what happens when that younger RB gets hurt next year and they don't have Beita? They'll find out, like we have this year, how shitty it is not to have depth at key positions.

¿Por que?

They don't see value in the free agency system here. With the DP slot, extra TAM and the extensions given to depth guys like Allen and White, the changes are going to come towards the top end of the roster. Not saying they won't sign a guy on a free, but they won't be in for the Mike Magees and Drew Moors of the world.

To play in free agency in this league, you really have to value the player more than the team that has him, and that's pretty rare. It's also not likely that the 2nd best team in the league is going to find an upgrade in many positions from a limited set of (very) veteran players from other teams. If we do play, I think it is for veteran depth.

To play in free agency in this league, you really have to value the player more than the team that has him, and that's pretty rare. It's also not likely that the 2nd best team in the league is going to find an upgrade in many positions from a limited set of (very) veteran players from other teams. If we do play, I think it is for veteran depth.
There's always the veteran leadership of Chris Wingert <ducks>