NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Dirty secret is nemec was still like the 3rd/4th best player every time he suited up for us. But fuck, he sucked.

So...Nemec is the type of guy you build your tram around then??

As an aside, it is hilarious to hear podcasts (some of them not as NYCFC focused as we all are) talk about backups to Villa and there is always “who was that guy they had their first year? That big guy?” Legend.

nintchdbpict000330991025-e1497278251373.jpg

I mean, how sure are we Torres isn't an option? Before Chelsea broke him, he was so, so good. Better suited for MLS than Villa I'd argue.

Sure, he's not the same. But oh my, how good was he.

Midas knows what’s up.

F E R N A N D O T O R R E S

Kind of convenient to have another league happily pick up the "retirement league" label at the same time we are aggressively shedding it.

As much as I love the MLS youth movement, a $6.8m transfer fee for Mascherano would have been a ridiculously good deal for any team in the league. Hebei must be paying him a hell of a salary.

Reactions: Kjbert
As much as I love the MLS youth movement, a $6.8m transfer fee for Mascherano would have been a ridiculously good deal for any team in the league. Hebei must be paying him a hell of a salary.

Eh. Would you rather pay $7 million for Mascherano or $8 Million for Almiron? Or $4 Million for Medina?

Reactions: dummyrun
Eh. Would you rather pay $7 million for Mascherano or $8 Million for Almiron? Or $4 Million for Medina?

Knowing what I know now, I'd take Almirón easy. As for Medina, we'll see. Which is the point of the old DP strategy: you know you're getting a world class talent and so do even casual fans. True, that approach sucks when you're just paying for a name, but Mascherano's not that kind of player.

Knowing what I know now, I'd take Almirón easy. As for Medina, we'll see. Which is the point of the old DP strategy: you know you're getting a world class talent and so do even casual fans. True, that approach sucks when you're just paying for a name, but Mascherano's not that kind of player.

I agree with your reply 100%

It's an exciting time in MLS that we are having these type of debates

Alfredo moralez contract is running up . I think us or an mls team will make a run for him . Solid defensive mid . - prob would make non dp wage but upper salary level . Could be a solid addition and competition for Herrera and ring and long term solution to Herrera leaving us .

Reactions: sbrylski
Alfredo moralez contract is running up . I think us or an mls team will make a run for him . Solid defensive mid . - prob would make non dp wage but upper salary level . Could be a solid addition and competition for Herrera and ring and long term solution to Herrera leaving us .

Good find. Seems like the aggressive, high motor kind of guy that Vieira wants in our midfield. Would provide very good competition at the 6 and 8.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Good find. Seems like the aggressive, high motor kind of guy that Vieira wants in our midfield. Would provide very good competition at the 6 and 8.

And if I’m not mistaken he wouldn’t
/ shouldn’t ? Be subject to the allocation list .

I’d take a 500,000 salary Alfredo morales over a Nguyen.

A ring and Morales paternship would be the best in the league.