NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

At some point they may put out a list of the TAM players like they did at the end of March last year:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/media-resources/2017-targeted-allocation-money-players

Last year they used it on Ring, Chanot, and Brilliant (all three made less than the max in salary, so I guess they paid some type of transfer fee for each of them).

I do think that for the most part teams want to use the full mandatory TAM in the winter to in essence increase their salary cap as they buy the TAM signings down to the $150K salary charge. At 1.2 million that's essentially 3 TAM signings (or re-signings) a year. Probably the best example from last year is SJ who signed Hoesen, Hyka, and Jungwurth to guaranteed money just north of 500K which triggered their TAM status.

I wouldn't be shocked if NYCFC did the same with at least Matarrita and Tinnerholm and also at least one of Berget, Ofori, and/or Tajouri.

Yup. The main argument for not converting all of your mandatory TAM into cap space right away is that neither cap space nor discretionary TAM can be traded, so you're limiting your options for acquiring players from within the league. It also involves overpaying players for the sake of the salary cap, which is just ... only in MLS.

Tam Tams are chometz!

Low cholesterol. Low fat. Low taste!
00777_MA_Passover-Lt-Salted-Tam_8z_P.jpg

I'm sorry to everyone for perpetuating this threadjack but I just need to put this on the record somewhere - I am a gentile who unabashedly LOVES matzoh*, and if anyone doesn't want theirs, I will happily take it off your hands!

*I just have a weird love of crusty, dry things. Don't ask me to explain it.

I'm sorry to everyone for perpetuating this threadjack but I just need to put this on the record somewhere - I am a gentile who unabashedly LOVES matzoh*, and if anyone doesn't want theirs, I will happily take it off your hands!

They have plenty at stop and shop. fairly cheap too.

Reactions: NickFromAstoria

Ever try shmura matza?

Ever try shmura matza?

Admittedly I didn't know the difference until just now but this is the one that I really like, I believe. There are a few Orthodox folks in my office and they bring it in from the place they get it in Brooklyn. I can't get enough of it.

Reactions: adam
Admittedly I didn't know the difference until just now but this is the one that I really like, I believe. There are a few Orthodox folks in my office and they bring it in from the place they get it in Brooklyn. I can't get enough of it.
You should be warned that Matzoh, in more than small doses, has the same medicinal effect as Imodium. In fact, buy some prune juice if you go on an unleavened binge.

To keep on the real thread’s subject, if Sweat has the flu, he should be eating matzoh right now.

Don't see the fit. He wants to be a bench player I guess. He's not an 8. I would like to see competition for Herrera.

Don't see the fit. He wants to be a bench player I guess. He's not an 8. I would like to see competition for Herrera.

i would 100 percent take him as a non DP. Cant really say he doesnt fit because he can basically play anywhere. To lazy for my own analysis so heres one from wikipedia:

his energy, tenacious style of play, and good reading of the game, as well as his ability to seamlessly switch between offence and defense. A hard-tackling, versatile, and dynamic box-to-box midfielder, with good vision and technique, he is able to play as a defensive midfielder, as a play maker, or out wide, but his preferred and most effective position is in the center. Though right-footed, he is also competent with his left, as evidenced by his penchant for attempting a shot or scoring goals from outside the penalty box with both feet, if given the chance

ETA: You can even put him in center and let maxi play out wide... hes so versatile there a ton you can do with him.

i would 100 percent take him as a non DP. Cant really say he doesnt fit because he can basically play anywhere. To lazy for my own analysis so heres one from wikipedia:

his energy, tenacious style of play, and good reading of the game, as well as his ability to seamlessly switch between offence and defense. A hard-tackling, versatile, and dynamic box-to-box midfielder, with good vision and technique, he is able to play as a defensive midfielder, as a play maker, or out wide, but his preferred and most effective position is in the center. Though right-footed, he is also competent with his left, as evidenced by his penchant for attempting a shot or scoring goals from outside the penalty box with both feet, if given the chance

ETA: You can even put him in center and let maxi play out wide... hes so versatile there a ton you can do with him.

Fair analysis. I worry that he clogs the middle in the space Ring dominates. I would much prefer another #10 and play in a 4-1-4-1 if we're going to upgrade the midfield. But at this point, Claudio and PV have earned our trust.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I think we need a LB. Christian Fuchs.

But DP money may be needed a star player for lift after Villa.

S A M I K H E D I R A OR F E N A N D O T O R R E S

Khedira is still getting quality minutes at Juventus so he isnt coming. And i think if we were gonna make the move for Torres we would have done it for this current season. Hes already 34 years old. That ship has sailed.

I want to amend my thoughts. I still would prefer a more attack oriented player but there's a number of ways to skin a cat. If PV wants to play a slower possession orientated game than the total football i would prefer, I can get onboard with it.

I don't see how he could possible press like Herrera. That's a problem. But from an offensive perspective, we move the ball up from each level and almost walk the ball in the goal. Johnson to Callens to Ring to Sweat to Herrera to a wing to the goal. Is Marchisio better st that than Herrera? Has to be. Much better link up capabilities.

Shame me if I'm incorrect, but aren't we in line to have an open DP spot next year from the Medina transfer fee being absorbed/paid this year (so long as his salary next year is within the non-DP parameters)? I was under the impression that was the reason he was a DP this year.

Khedira is still getting quality minutes at Juventus so he isnt coming. And i think if we were gonna make the move for Torres we would have done it for this current season. Hes already 34 years old. That ship has sailed.

How old was David Villa during the 2015 season?

Reactions: Kjbert