NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

FWIW there are strange rumors out there about....Giorgio Chiellini and NYCFC.
For what? I don't see the point. And can Juve really afford not to have him? They have Benatia, Barzagli, Howedes and Rugani, but I thought Rugani was going to Chelsea?

I mean, I guess they could make do with those three, but seems a risk. They already lost Lichsteiner in the back. Fullback, but still. They must have someone else lined up if there is any chance of bringing more instability to their defense.

And let's be clear, I'd be disappointed with that signing for us.

It's nice that we have gotten to the point where we are so good defensively that we can reject the idea of Chiellini joining the team.
Not only that, but if you look at the current rankings- if all the teams were even on games, we'd likely be #1 or #2 on least conceded as well

Not only that, but if you look at the current rankings- if all the teams were even on games, we'd likely be #1 or #2 on least conceded as well
We would be 4th, in terms of goals allowed per game. Interesting that the Top 4 are all in the East:
  • NJ - 1.056 - 19 Goals Allowed in 18 games
  • Atlanta - 1.14 - 24 Goals Allowed in 21 games
  • Columbus - 1.19 - 25 Goals Allowed in 21 games
  • NYC - 1.20 - 24 Goals Allowed in 20 games

Reactions: Shwafta
We would be 4th, in terms of goals allowed per game. Interesting that the Top 4 are all in the East:
  • NJ - 1.056 - 19 Goals Allowed in 18 games
  • Atlanta - 1.14 - 24 Goals Allowed in 21 games
  • Columbus - 1.19 - 25 Goals Allowed in 21 games
  • NYC - 1.20 - 24 Goals Allowed in 20 games
Dallas 1.16 22 goals in 19 games

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Dallas is an outlier as a western team so obviously SoupInNYC SoupInNYC dropped him for accurate statistical analysis.

In that case I'm fairly confident the top 10 are all in the East.
giphy.gif

Chiellini I think.
I wasn't sure if he meant to go after Chiellini, or if it was in regards to do we still think we have one of the top defenses in the league.

If its the former, I would say no. No reason to spend that kind of money on a CB when we have one of the best in the league, and another solid starter. Spend less money on a capable 3rd and more money elsewhere.

If its the latter, I still think we would have one of the top, but we would be knocked down a peg or two.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I wasn't sure if he meant to go after Chiellini, or if it was in regards to do we still think we have one of the top defenses in the league.

If its the former, I would say no. No reason to spend that kind of money on a CB when we have one of the best in the league, and another solid starter. Spend less money on a capable 3rd and more money elsewhere.

If its the latter, I still think we would have one of the top, but we would be knocked down a peg or two.
I would do it. Would probably make Callens, Seb, Sweat and Sands all better, even if we only got a couple of years of him. Chanot mostly says "focus guys", Chiellini would be a more cerebral kind of leader.

I would do it. Would probably make Callens, Seb, Sweat and Sands all better, even if we only got a couple of years of him. Chanot mostly says "focus guys", Chiellini would be a more cerebral kind of leader.
If there was no salary cap or limitations to how we could spend *AM, then sure. But money would be better spent elsewhere on this roster IMO