NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Reactions: Kjbert
Is it at all plausible using TAM to have a shot at both Texeira and Matarrita? Or is it more likely that each option just provides negotiating cover for the other?
No one knows for sure because we have no idea how much TAM and regular allocation money the team has, though it seems it's one or the other right now.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I disagree. I think TAM is perfectly used on 2 players, maybe 3. Using it on 2 players, you can realistically pay each of those players a salary very competitive with many other leagues, including some of the mid table teams in all the major leagues besides the EPL. We are at an advantage to the rest of the league in the sense that we know we are probably getting 2 loaned players from MCFC. That would put our roster at 22. 2 TAM puts it at 24. Most likely we will sign a cheap third GK that puts us at 25. Our draft pick at 26. Depending if we go 2 or 3 TAM signings, we will then go for 1 or 2 cheap depth signings. I really like the way this team is shaping up if the front office and CFG don't mess up filling out the roster.

Very much agree with this. I think the NYCFC model is to spend a lot of the money on most of the players and get cheap players especially MCFC Academy loanees at 50K-60K a piece to fill out the rest.

Matarrita revelation started the year as a rookie with wood polish, but this year its closure effective explosion occurred. To play in the pre-Olympic team, their call for absolute Tricolor and owning the left lane in the qualifying matches against Haiti and Panama. League played 1770 minutes in 20 games, all starts, leaving only change twice. He scored a goal and received 8 yellow cards.

With 21 years has great speed to defend and attack, good brand and dribbling, good ball control, great cross, technical and overflow. Certainly his hours are numbered in the league and in the attic football, red and black box, and manages several offers for him and take the fate of Legionnaire shortly.

The more I read about this guy, the more I want him at NYC!

I like this. We need a good rookie with wood polish. That way, if he can't make it off the bench, at least he can make sure the bench looks good.

We have 1.6 Million of TAM over the next two years.

If you buy Matarrita for 500k, that amount gets spread over the lifetime of his contract. Let's say he has a 4 year deal at 250k. He only costs 375k against the Salary Cap over the lifetime of his deal. You use no "TAM" on him. I know his squad wants $1 Million, but if they were going to get $1 Million, they would have received it by now.

Depth is a luxury at this point.

Step #1: Starting XI
Step #2: depth
Step #3 Profit
Regarding #1, there is a reason why Pirlo plays the way he does. He does not play hard core defense or anything physically hard core in nature...that's the only way, at his "advanced" age, he can stay healthy and keeps his play form until at least 40. I would say with the way it's going, he has at least several years of good quality playing time left, if he can get back his old free kick magic back.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I know that Seattle has Jordan Morris' rights in MLS but what happens if he wants to play in Europe? or another MLS team?

I know that Seattle has Jordan Morris' rights in MLS but what happens if he wants to play in Europe? or another MLS team?
If he goes to Europe, Seattle keeps his rights for near eternity. If Morris demands to play for another MLS team over Seattle, MLS probably will make the other team trade something significant to SEA for Morris' rights. Being HG, I doubt he'd want to play for another MLS team. Playing in Europe though, with Jurgen's prodding, is likely what's going to happen.

If he goes to Europe, Seattle keeps his rights for near eternity. If Morris demands to play for another MLS team over Seattle, MLS probably will make the other team trade something significant to SEA for Morris' rights. Being HG, I doubt he'd want to play for another MLS team. Playing in Europe though, with Jurgen's prodding, is likely what's going to happen.

Worth remembering that Morris' dad is part of the Sounders organization (team doctor).

Here's the MLS article on Matarrita and the NYCFC rumor...nothing new, but it's something. He'd be a good signing as others have suggested as well.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...r-antonio-nocerino-among-reported-mls-targets

Also...says Orlando is looking at Antonio Nocerino (Serie A). Which would be a good signing for them. He's not too old and plays a physical, defensive style midfield. Perfect fit for MLS.

Edit to add: Montreal is looking into Nocerino too.

Last edited: