NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Overall I agree, we probably can't use it on Mix. But, circling back to Gator's original point which was his speculation that we could figure out a way to use TAM on Mix despite it not being a new contract, I think if that were the only obstacle he might have been right. We could maybe mutually agree to tear up the old contract and re-sign him (TAM works for re-signing current players) on a new revised contract, maybe paying him some nominal higher amount (10k?) to justify it. Who knows. MLS might actually enforce something and say no but it would be worth a try. But doing anything like that midseason last year would be too overtly ridiculous even for MLS I think.
Yeah but Mix has to prove that he's worth 750k. I love mix as much as the next guy but he really needs to step up this season or I think he will be on his way out.

Optimism is gripping the boards lately. We are all penciling in Teixeira, Matarrita, Mena, Shelton, Harrison, and now Taylor as wild successes.

Remember last year at this time when we were doing that with Nemec, Mendoza, Calle, et. al.?

Say Teixeira battles injuries, Matarrita and Mena have large holes in their game, and Shelton and Harrison both play extremely unpolished. Suddenly our defense is just as bad as last year, and our offense is just as one dimensional, relying on Villa. We could definitely use more proven depth to help prevent this.
LA LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

He said proven. I'm ready to be pleasantly surprised by Taylor again this preseason, but I don't want to rely on it.

Optimism is gripping the boards lately. We are all penciling in Teixeira, Matarrita, Mena, Shelton, Harrison, and now Taylor as wild successes.

Remember last year at this time when we were doing that with Nemec, Mendoza, Calle, et. al.?

Say Teixeira battles injuries, Matarrita and Mena have large holes in their game, and Shelton and Harrison both play extremely unpolished. Suddenly our defense is just as bad as last year, and our offense is just as one dimensional, relying on Villa. We could definitely use more proven depth to help prevent this.

EDIT: Happy Monday.
This is all true, but no fun! One of the best parts of soccer is that the incoming guys are almost always players you've never seen and therefore you can dream on them! But, I'm sure at least one or two of things will, unfortunately, play out.

Hey Robinho (remember him?) apparently left his club in China after 6 months. I'm sure the Twitter journos will mention MLS and us without understanding how the salary cap and international spots work.
I saw some reporting he was paid 7mm in China. No way he is a good value at that rate unless his pay goes way down.

I saw some reporting he was paid 7mm in China. No way he is a good value at that rate unless his pay goes way down.
Yeah, but the way the Chinese manipulate their currency, he's holding a lot of devalued renminbi. If I was him, I'd also want to terminate my contract and get the hell out of China - that economy is held up with smoke and mirrors.

He said proven. I'm ready to be pleasantly surprised by Taylor again this preseason, but I don't want to rely on it.

EDIT: Happy Monday.
Puppy: [wag] [wag] [drool] [wag] [yip] [wag]
S sbrylski: [kick]
Puppy: [wimper] [cry]

how about tiago ilori? His loan to aston villa cancled. Liverpool wants him to get minutes, he will get minutes here. He can develop into a great centerback here. His salary might be too high even with the TAM though. He makes 20,000 euros a week. Which is 960,000 euros a year- which is like 1 mill us dollars.

Reactions: Kjbert
Or how about former Portuguese international Ricardo Costa. Contact up in the summer. Awesome center back, could be possible with TAM.

"Ronaldo will consider future stint in MLS Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo is open to the idea of one day playing in Major League Soccer, he told GQ magazine. The three-time World Player of the Year said he did not follow MLS too closely, but he has not ruled out adding his name to a growing list of high-profile stars who have moved to the United States in recent years. "What's happening is great, it's fantastic -maybe in the future it will be a good chance for me to play there. You never know, but it's interesting," the Portugal captain said in the February issue of GQ that will be out on January 26. Reuters"

send Lampard packing. Get Ronnie.

Just saw over on mlssoccer.com, Walker Zimmerman is trying out for a team in Norway.

He's 6'3", 185 lb and will be 23 in May. Zimmerman was taken in the 1st round (7th overall) in the 2013 draft by FC Dallas.

I'm not saying he would be the definitive answer to fill the hole we have at CB, but I would imagine he must have some talent being he was taken so high in the draft. Might be the type of player that could be coached up by a guy like PV.

His option was declined by FC Dallas, so I'm going to assume if he came here there wouldn't be any compensation involved. Sounds like a no harm, no foul type of no brainer decision to give the kid a look see.

Just saw over on mlssoccer.com, Walker Zimmerman is trying out for a team in Norway.

He's 6'3", 185 lb and will be 23 in May. Zimmerman was taken in the 1st round (7th overall) in the 2013 draft by FC Dallas.

I'm not saying he would be the definitive answer to fill the hole we have at CB, but I would imagine he must have some talent being he was taken so high in the draft. Could be the type of player that could be coached up by a guy like PV.

His option was declined by FC Dallas, so I'm going to assume if he came here there wouldn't be any compensation involved. Sounds like a no harm, no foul type of no brainer decision to give the kid a look see.
Plus, he busted out this face after scoring a winning penalty in the playoffs.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/11/08/penalty-walker-zimmerman-converts-winning-penalty-fc-dallas

Kidding aside, I would be interested, though I'm not sure whether he is looking in Norway because he wants to or because he doesn't have an opportunity here. I'm guessing it is the former, as 23 year old, athletic CB with some experience and who don't use an international slot should be a reasonably in demand commodity.

Last edited: