NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

I actually wouldn't mind giving Nemec another go. With Pirlo and/or Lampard feeding balls in and Villa right next door he might be able to get it together and give us another option. Worth a shot, I think.
I understand the reasoning but I think that ship has sailed. Too many other players deserving of minutes. I'd rather see Pirlo and Lampard playing to the feet of Poku, Mullins, TMac and Shelton than to see Nemec take minutes from anyone of them just so we can hope he someday wins a header.

I understand the reasoning but I think that ship has sailed. Too many other players deserving of minutes. I'd rather see Pirlo and Lampard playing to the feet of Poku, Mullins, TMac and Shelton than to see Nemec take minutes from anyone of them just so we can hope he someday wins a header.
Yep. I was going to post the same thing, albeit a fuckton more colorfully.

Reactions: The Toe
I actually wouldn't mind giving Nemec another go. With Pirlo and/or Lampard feeding balls in and Villa right next door he might be able to get it together and give us another option. Worth a shot, I think.

Not to mention Angelino and Iraola providing some quality crosses. I would expect to see more out of him under the new circumstances.

That said, there is the question of who you sit in order to put him in, and it becomes harder to justify. TMac? Poku? Mullins? They all deserve to get minutes and there are fewer to go around. Between suspensions, injuries and matchup issues, I still think Nemec will get a chance, but it's going to take something like that.

I don't see any room on the field for Nemec but I agree it is worth another shot. Too bad we blew the US Open Cup chase.

Villa, Mix, Pirlo, Lampard, Iraola, Angelino, Facey, Mena, Saunders will all start. That leaves two spots for Poku, McNamara, Jacobsen, Nemec, Mullins, Grabavoy, Ballouchy and Shelton.

Our midfield is starting to look like Arsenal. Lots of talent and no defined roles.

I don't see any room on the field for Nemec but I agree it is worth another shot. Too bad we blew the US Open Cup chase.

Villa, Mix, Pirlo, Lampard, Iraola, Angelino, Facey, Mena, Saunders will all start. That leaves two spots for Poku, McNamara, Jacobsen, Nemec, Mullins, Grabavoy, Ballouchy and Shelton.

Our midfield is starting to look like Arsenal. Lots of talent and no defined roles.
Boy, you nailed our problem. Our mids are too Arsenal-ly... :/

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Will star goalkeepers ever come to MLS? They can really play that position, if they're still good, into their late 30s. So, unless they're not getting paid what they want, they can stay in Europe. I'd love to see Neuer, Buffon, de Gea, Hart, Howard in MLS.

Will star goalkeepers ever come to MLS? They can really play that position, if they're still good, into their late 30s. So, unless they're not getting paid what they want, they can stay in Europe. I'd love to see Neuer, Buffon, de Gea, Hart, Howard in MLS.
My question is would MLS teams use a DP spot on a goalkeeper? I personally feel that that position would be a waste of a DP slot.

My question is would MLS teams use a DP spot on a goalkeeper? I personally feel that that position would be a waste of a DP slot.
Same with international slots. The US produces a disproportionate number of good keepers compared to all other positions. Save the international slots for other needs.

OK so assuming some formation consisting of the following guys making up our best XI:

Saunders
Iraola, (Mena or Hernandez), Facey, Angelino
Pirlo, Mix, Lampard, (Jacobson/Poku/Calle/Mcnamara pick 2)
Villa

Where would you be most eager to upgrade? If another team came calling and said we just want to trade, who would you give up? Would you want a better DMC, a second striker? Something different in midfield? Is keeper our weakest position now? What do you think?

OK so assuming some formation consisting of the following guys making up our best XI:

Saunders
Villa

Where would you be most eager to upgrade? If another team came calling and said we just want to trade, who would you give up? Would you want a better DMC, a second striker? Something different in midfield? Is keeper our weakest position now? What do you think?
Keeper is our weakest, I think. Of course, that point and the rest of this post assumes we won't be playing Ned and Wingert (which is to say, this speculation is already mooted).

I'd trade Lampard for a true 10 or a true destroyer in a hot minute. But I'd have said the same thing on day 1 of his signing.

Saunders
Villa

Keeper, DM, or striker.

A second striker would still be amazing for the team, who can now actually give the guys up top good service. We also need depth here.

Upgrading Jacobson might be even better. Italian national team plays with Pirlo and Di Rossi between the defense and the rest of the attacking players. Let's recreate that (not Di Rossi himself, just a Di Rossi type).

Would you rather have Gigi Buffon or Andrea Pirlo?
We already got him: Pirlo. No question.
ST: No way. I love Villa up top with Poku. Pirlo showed that strong passing through the mid can work wonders for us and Pirlo to Poku to any number of streaking attackers (mid or otherwise) is a great recipe for success.
Mid: We're already stacked.
K: Maybe, but Saunders has been far from the weakest link in our D.
CD: Yes. I don't think we are done here. Facey isn't committed to next year. Hernandez is good, not great. Mena is too early to tell and seeing him live I was surprised that he was actually much smaller than I thought. ORL players were much bigger than him on corners/plays in the box.
LB: Yes. We are 99% certain to lose Angelino. That puts us back into Wingert at this position. Thank you Chris for all of your effort, but I'll take a talent upgrade if we can get it.

you forgot Calle as well