NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Somehow unless he is under a new contract but last I saw he was under contract from 2010- June 2016.

Edit: did a little more research. That 150k was from 2012, he currently makes 750k. We could afford that with TAM, but I realize this is probably a reach.

We could afford that with TAM if we were a much more respected league, we don't have the ability to overpay enough to make him want to come to MLS.

Because I mentioned him about 20 pages back, I'll share here that Lance Laing from FC Edmonton signed with Minnesota United.

http://www.mnunitedfc.com/news/2015/12/15/lance-laing-signs-with-loons

One of the best players in the NASL, it sounded like he had interest from MLS a few weeks ago. I'm guessing MNU offered him more money and he'll be a core player to retain when they move up.

You had me at 6'5, I'm a big Llorente fan. Not that it's related, but I think a tall, skilled striker could be incredible in the MLS... Not sure if the kid can play but if he is half decent he could light it up with Villa ....

Reactions: Kjbert and sbrylski
I'd sign Mike Magee just so that there can be a sequel to this shot in NYC with Villa, Pirlo, Mix, and everyone else awesome in soccer. Maybe even Becks makes an appearance.

I just watched this for the time time 10 minutes ago:

Magee-Poster-(JPG)FORMATED.jpg

I'd sign Mike Magee just so that there can be a sequel to this shot in NYC with Villa, Pirlo, Mix, and everyone else awesome in soccer. Maybe even Becks makes an appearance.

I just watched this for the time time 10 minutes ago:

View attachment 3702
The low-budget sequel can't afford Mike Magee, so instead they're turning to another actor, Ned Grabavoy.

just looking at Bjorn's highlights.. doesn't seem bad at all. Has he ever gotten a call up?

No, but he probably will get called into the camp in January considering his season is over lol. Would be a steal for NYC. He almost moved to Benfica but his last club in Portugal blocked it because they wanted him to be loaned back to them for the remainder of the season.

Played high school ball in America. He really flew under the radar because he has killed it in Europe when I am pretty sure no MLS teams went after him and I have no idea what his college recruitment was like.

Sadly (for NYCFC) Wesley Sneijder signed another 3 years at Galatasaray ... that being said I like rooting for him in the Super Lig so I guess it works out ... but I want him to play in NYC

Reactions: NYCFCP and Kjbert
Small nugget, but there was a 50% chance we were trying to bring in Drew Moor for a look:

In the end, though, the 11-year veteran didn’t make another free-agent trip to another city. He told the Sun he was eager to move east in order to be closer to his wife’s family in New Jersey. Despite having another MLS club in close proximity to Jersey interested, Moor chose Toronto FC — a club that Moor said boasted “an amazing” training facility.

I'm extrapolating here, but if we were that team, our lack of stadium and permanent training complex might be a knock on our free agent efforts.

Small nugget, but there was a 50% chance we were trying to bring in Drew Moor for a look:

I'm extrapolating here, but if we were that team, our lack of stadium and permanent training complex might be a knock on our free agent efforts.
We must fight for weird limited free agency at the expense of everything else, so when we are eligible we can sign with the first team we talk to!

Depends. We could counter with, yes, we don't have a training facility but how do you feel about spending 3-4 weeks every preseason at the brand new MCFC facility (assuming that's going to be an every year thing). If I was a young player I'm taking that experience over a "nice" MLS training facility.

Reactions: Kjbert
I believe the Benfica move was to play for Benfica B. Not that this kid isn't talented, but it's not as if he was going to be in Sunday's XI every week playing against Porto and the like.