NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Is Sturridge worth $10 Million a year?

If Gio was worth $8, a HEALTHY Sturridge has to be worth more

Is Sturridge worth $10 Million a year?

If Gio was worth $8, a HEALTHY Sturridge has to be worth more
I can't see him leaving England. PL has a homegrown rule so it inflates his value compared to other place.

Marca article copied below (not saying it includes us, or that we can afford him, or that I like it, just updating some of the chatter on here about him):

Fernando Torres
acknowledged last Monday that at the moment there is no offer on the table from Atlético Madrid to extend his stay at his boyhood club beyond 30th June, when his loan deal expires. Although it is no secret that the striker dearly wants to stick around at the Calderón, that hasn't stopped other clubs expressing an interest in securing his services - including some from the other side of the Atlantic.

According to FutbolMLS.com, three outfits from the American top flight are circling to try to snap up Torres. Their names have yet to be revealed, but considering the forward's status, everything would suggest they are among the top clubs in the division. What's more, MLS may not be the only option, with historic NASL (second tier) club New York Cosmos, where Raúl hung up his boots, said to be eager to reel in another iconic Spaniard.

Kiesewetter was on Extra Time last week. He sounds like he's definitely interested in MLS when his contract ends this summer. He's also not subject to allocation, and first thing he mentioned city-wise was how Khiry was pimping NYC.

Let's make it happen. I want this kid on our team. Seems like a great guy in the interview. He's one of the exact types of players we are missing. Aggressive, direct, speed to burn. He'd be a top 5 winger in the league, I think.

Kiesewetter was on Extra Time last week. He sounds like he's definitely interested in MLS when his contract ends this summer. He's also not subject to allocation, and first thing he mentioned city-wise was how Khiry was pimping NYC.

Let's make it happen. I want this kid on our team. Seems like a great guy in the interview. He's one of the exact types of players we are missing. Aggressive, direct, speed to burn. He'd be a top 5 winger in the league, I think.

He won't take an international spot either which would be nice. I know some of you think those things grow on trees but it would be nice to not have to worry about trading for one.

He's way too talented to be playing against shitty MLS defenses at this point in his career.

Reactions: Kjbert

So does Khiry want minutes or what? Cuz this would cut his...

He's way too talented to be playing against shitty MLS defenses at this point in his career.

huh? he doesn't even make the 18 for a shitty Bundesliga team. He's good, but lets not act like he is some incredible talent. I'm not convinced he would start for many Bundesliga teams. He is fast and has speed to burn and seems to be a good dribbler, but he runs very upright and isn't all that agile. He is a slightly more developed Khiry.

Since he has played in some friendlies for the US I wonder if now he counts now on the "returning MLS or USMNT player allocation" thingy.
(I don't see him on this old list from Oct: http://www.mlssoccer.com/allocation)

Since he has played in some friendlies for the US I wonder if now he counts now on the "returning MLS or USMNT player allocation" thingy.
(I don't see him on this old list from Oct: http://www.mlssoccer.com/allocation)
He doesn't. It's only the listed players, and its only updated once a year.

From your link:
The players who will be included on the Allocation Ranking List will be determined by Major League Soccer’s player personnel department and club technical staffs and will be updated once each year, during the time window between the end of the MLS regular season and MLS Cup. The Allocation Ranking List will only be updated during the season if an elite U.S. youth national team player turns 18 or graduates from the U.S. Soccer Residency Program in Bradenton, FL and is deemed eligible for the list. In addition, the Allocation Ranking List will be updated when a player is transferred out of MLS for more than $500,000.

Reactions: Paul and Ulrich
He would be discovery claim eligible, though. So, there is that.
Are discovery claims first come, first serve or is there any sort of priority of multiple teams put in a claim around the same time? I know there is a limit on how many each team gets, but he seems like an obvious one.

Are discovery claims first come, first serve or is there any sort of priority of multiple teams put in a claim around the same time? I know there is a limit on how many each team gets, but he seems like an obvious one.
7 discovery claims. First come first serve. In case of a tie (claims made the same day), worst team from the previous season gets the claim.