NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Is Martin DeMechellis a better option on a non-DP contract than Ethan White/Jason Hernandez/Jefferson Mena?

If the answer is yes, then I want him here.

Reactions: Kubah
I'm gonna guess nobody has a clue, but how much tam do we have, and why the hell haven't we used it yet?
Nobody outside of MLS HQ and the front office know. It's not a number that's ever public.

Reactions: Kjbert
I always wonder how easy it is to fudge numbers. Like get Demi here for 400k and 6 years later after his retirement, someone connected to CFG delivers him $2mil cash at his front door. What keeps that stuff from happening? Kinda like Bobby Bonilla, but off the books.

The player's inability to force CFG to deliver the $2 million he was promised.

You have to have a mechanism to enforce people's promises in an agreement. That can either be legal enforcement via contract law or hiring a gang of thugs to represent your interests.

The player's inability to force CFG to deliver the $2 million he was promised.

You have to have a mechanism to enforce people's promises in an agreement. That can either be legal enforcement via contract law or hiring a gang of thugs to represent your interests.
Yeah, nothing could be written down because it'd then be fodder for extortion..... pay me $10M or MLS & FIFA will find out you cut this deal behind their backs....

Word is Charlie Horton a US 21yr old Goalkeeper that was with Leeds and left due to family issues will make an announcement today on his future. This would be a great sign for us. Have him as Saunders backup and loan out Johanson and at that point we will be under the limit of international spots.

Word is Charlie Horton a US 21yr old Goalkeeper that was with Leeds and left due to family issues will make an announcement today on his future. This would be a great sign for us. Have him as Saunders backup and loan out Johanson and at that point we will be under the limit of international spots.
Would he be on the allocation list since he's a US youth player, or only the Senior players get forced on to it?

D.C. United has signed U.S. under-23 national team goalkeeper Charlie Horton, who had left Leeds United in England last fall for family reasons.

D.C. United has signed U.S. under-23 national team goalkeeper Charlie Horton, who had left Leeds United in England last fall for family reasons.

Sucks.

We have 3 spots still? I don't think any of the trialists really showed anything special. Ivanov was meh, and we don't have the Int slot for him anyways. I'd just raid the USL/NASL for a young, teachable, cheap striker. We need more depth up there. If we're going 4-3-3 with Saturday's lineup, Mullins is the only striker sub. Any one of them gets a knock and it could force us to change formation mid season, which could be devastating.

upload_2016-2-29_11-22-52.png

Reactions: Konrad
Is Martin DeMechellis a better option on a non-DP contract than Ethan White/Jason Hernandez/Jefferson Mena?

If the answer is yes, then I want him here.
Honestly, I don't think he is much better, plus the fact that he's slow as shit and continues to get burned and caught out of position when he does play, as a backup behind Otamendi and Kompany right now.

Honestly, I don't think he is much better, plus the fact that he's slow as shit and continues to get burned and caught out of position when he does play, as a backup behind Otamendi and Kompany right now.

He is definitely slow.

Reactions: JayH
Sucks.

We have 3 spots still? I don't think any of the trialists really showed anything special. Ivanov was meh, and we don't have the Int slot for him anyways. I'd just raid the USL/NASL for a young, teachable, cheap striker. We need more depth up there. If we're going 4-3-3 with Saturday's lineup, Mullins is the only striker sub. Any one of them gets a knock and it could force us to change formation mid season, which could be devastating.

View attachment 4233
I'm surprised tmac and poku aren't being tried on the wings. I think pokus skills would pay the bills on the wing for us

Reactions: Viewfrom226
I'm surprised tmac and poku aren't being tried on the wings. I think pokus skills would pay the bills on the wing for us
I'd love to see Poku on the wing. Shelton/Taylor feels better as an either/or rather than both of them. Then, have a more technical winger on the other side.

I'm less excited about TMac there. Its struck me in several of the preseason games (more OKC and Montreal than the last one) that he is much better as a CM than on the wing like he was last year. I like him as a depth play in the CM though, with Lampard's health, it seems depth play is now translating into starter.

Wings have to run and sprint a lot. Poku seems more like a trotter with a couple of bursts per game. I don't think he'd make it 60 minutes as a traditional winger. And I don't think Vieira wants to reinvent the position for him when he should be learning how to properly handle his long term position at CM.

I'd love to see Poku on the wing. Shelton/Taylor feels better as an either/or rather than both of them. Then, have a more technical winger on the other side.

I'm less excited about TMac there. Its struck me in several of the preseason games (more OKC and Montreal than the last one) that he is much better as a CM than on the wing like he was last year. I like him as a depth play in the CM though, with Lampard's health, it seems depth play is now translating into starter.
Wings have to run and sprint a lot. Poku seems more like a trotter with a couple of bursts per game. I don't think he'd make it 60 minutes as a traditional winger. And I don't think Vieira wants to reinvent the position for him when he should be learning how to properly handle his long term position at CM.
I don't like Shelton's play in preseason, don;t like TMac at CM, but did like him at wing last year. And I want Poku somewhere in the game. I think Taylor might be better at RW too.

A font three of: Tmac, Villa and Taylor ------ or Tmac Villa Poku----- seems to give some cool possibilities to morph between 433 and 451

Sucks we have no international spots left. Would love to sign ignacio maganto. Great depth signing and more ready to contribute then gall.