NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

I know it's a long shot but I'm still holding on to the dream that we dump lamps and get another DP level attackers to help Villa up top during the summer transfer window.

I think we all share this one, and I say that as someone who has about as little animosity towards Lampard as anyone and who thought he was good when he finally came back late last year. We would be so much better off if we could add another DP this summer.

Ha..I used to use him as an up and coming USMNT guy on Football Managers several years ago. Had totally forgotten about him. Is there any substance to this, or just speculation that he is totally the sort of guy we should chase (which I agree with)?
Pure unbridled speculation.
Picault is good but I feel like it is more of the same with Taylor and Shelton. A bench 2.Bundesliga player doesn't exactly equate to an MLS starter.
I don't expect him to come in and start scoring bags of goals but hey, Bobby Wood plays in the second division too. Yes, I know Wood has a LOT more goals but considering that he's an American who wouldn't take up a DP spot, I'd be open to adding someone like him. Especially given our lack of depth at winger.

Quite happy we're not RBNJ. They are about to sign soon to be 38 year old Miroslav Klose.

Quite happy we're not RBNJ. They are about to sign soon to be 38 year old Miroslav Klose.
While this seems nuts to so many of us, I also think we have an irrational phobia around age. There are lots of examples of well past their 20's players putting up career years. Probably my favorite example - Luca Toni.

I get it. You can't make it your whole strategy. But nor should we fly off the handle with any player just because they aren't 26 years old.

While this seems nuts to so many of us, I also think we have an irrational phobia around age. There are lots of examples of well past their 20's players putting up career years. Probably my favorite example - Luca Toni.

I get it. You can't make it your whole strategy. But nor should we fly off the handle with any player just because they aren't 26 years old.

I don't care about age of they perform at a high level. But if you look at Klose the last two years, it's been a major decline. This year he's been terrible.

Reactions: gbservis and Gene
When is John Terry available? I hate the man as a person, but NYCFC needs some on field leadership not named Hernandez/Saunders and a the team's is dyer need of a bit of a nasty edge. Retire Lampard, buy out Pirlo, replace them with a guy that can actually shoot on net and not over, and let Terry marshal the Defense in front of Lurch. If be fine with a Terry/Brillant pairing and RJ/Mata manning the flanks: height in the middle and pace on the outside.

Reactions: Kjbert
Villa needs a strike partner BAD, he doesn't trust the talent he has around him so he forces shots when there is a clear pass to a Shelton or a Mendoza to put them on goal. Even having the option to cut back to Lampard (if he ever recovers from his "injuries") would help him out tremendously. But I think we need to cut our losses with Pirlo or Lampard or most likely both and bring in a real striker for Villa to play off of. Hopefully, we are still in the mix for Torres because he seems to be getting into a stretch of good form over at Atletico. Another thing we may decide to do is get a real target forward and have Villa play in behind, someone Drogba-ish? I want to know what you guys think who is a good target forward we could get on TAM or possibly with a freed up DP spot?

We have to let Fat Frank go and bring in a young DP next transfer window or we will continue to suffer. We need DPs that either #1 Actually play and/or #2 Contribute to the collective mentality of the club.. Fat Frank does nothing.. he's gots to go.

It seems Aaron Mooy is looking to test himself at a higher level than the Australian A League. I don't see why we shouldn't bring him to New York. He has the skill to create and score goals. At 25 I believe he would be a very good signing for New York.

Reactions: Alex Da Silva
It seems Aaron Mooy is looking to test himself at a higher level than the Australian A League. I don't see why we shouldn't bring him to New York. He has the skill to create and score goals. At 25 I believe he would be a very good signing for New York.

He would be a perfect replacement at CM for the departure of Lampard/Pirlo.

Mix, McNamara, Mooy, Poku, Bravo (if retained after loan expires) would be a very nice group. Reinvest the DP opening in another player for the front line. Maybe in a CB too if we want to be bold.

The priorities are clear: dump at least one of the two dumbass midfield signings (that's code for dumb the real dumbass fake signing of Lampard). Then, sign another DP attacker while concurrently signing one of 40-50 keepers who are both better and approximately financially equivalent to Saunders.

Our back line is a problem. It's not the worst problem if other deficiencies were taken care of.

That's a ridiculous strike rate in a league better than the Indian Super League.
Seriously, where does that league rate? I've seen folks on other boards say it's pretty much a joke. I can't imagine they are far off, but they may be assuming just as I would be.

Reactions: Kjbert