NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Let's be honest, any apprehension about Pirlo was completely lost when the smoke started turning into fire. We would all be thrilled with Iniesta. Even those that would deny that now would rationalize it when it happens.

Recap of big names discussed and potentially available: Khedira, Santi, Iniesta, Torres, Honda.
Honda is not available.

Reactions: Kjbert
Honda is not available.

zii3oTP.gif

I was being sarcastic i.e. Iraola

Actually Germany and Bayern sometimes played him as a 6 didn't they? Forgot about that. Only know that because Roberto Martinez took Leighton Baines to a Bayern match once to watch how Lahm transitioned from FB to 6

After today, I want another Central Midfielder to replace Pirlo. Get his ass on the bench. Acosta made him look like Swiss cheese in the second half.

He's a small pitch player against teams without an athletic midfield. He's shot

After today, I want another Central Midfielder to replace Pirlo. Get his ass on the bench. Acosta made him look like Swiss cheese in the second half.

He's a small pitch player against teams without an athletic midfield. He's shot
I'll rather have TMac, Ring, and Maxi (Preferably not Maxi, I think he's a waste of a DP) in the mid.

In general as a team with two DP's in our midfield, we don't control the ball or dominate the mid like we should.

Reactions: Kjbert
We have one DP who has the ability to break a game open in Villa.

Our other DPs have disappeared in multiple games already this season. That's a BIG problem

Reactions: Ulrich
We have one DP who has the ability to break a game open in Villa.

Our other DPs have disappeared in multiple games already this season. That's a BIG problem
Maxi hasn't done anything to deserve any ire. He's worth his salary. Is he worth his budget charge and foregoing what else could be? I'm abstaining from answering that until after I see what we do this summer.

Maxi hasn't done anything to deserve any ire. He's worth his salary. Is he worth his budget charge and foregoing what else could be? I'm abstaining from answering that until after I see what we do this summer.

I agree he's worth his salary. But is he worth the budget charge/DP? So far I say no. Diego Valeri is having an MVP like season right now in Portland. My threshold was whether or not he proved to be better than Valeri or Piatti or Klejstan. None of them are DPs

Reactions: adam
I agree he's worth his salary. But is he worth the budget charge/DP? So far I say no. Diego Valeri is having an MVP like season right now in Portland. My threshold was whether or not he proved to be better than Valeri or Piatti or Klejstan. None of them are DPs

?

All three are DPs. None of them cost over 1 million, but they are all considered DPs

Reactions: Christopher Jee