NYCFC Sign Rodney Wallace

Someone please tell me he counts as a domestic. I don't care if you're lying. I just don't want to go crazy about international roster slots...

Last edited:
Very solid. And this should make Mata happy. Seeing some of our scrubs today, this is a positive development.

Reactions: NickA and Kjbert
Shelton didn't make the team and this guy will take over the left winger position alongside fellow Costa Rican Ronald Matarrita. Reyna/Vieira and company are building a great team and we're going for the cup!

He had been solid in Brazil it seems from looking at his stats in their top division. Was great for Portland. Him and Villafana were what was missing from their squad this last year as to why they were not nearly as good. I am intrigued. I think he could be a solid rotational player for us.

For the first time, I feel like we have REAL depth.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert
He has a green card from what's being said. Can't see us signing him and not having him start or get solid playing time. This guy is a MLS veteran. Helped the timbers to their title in 2015. He actually paid $200,000 euros to his Brazilian team in order to be released. Wonder if we played a part in that.
Maybe he plays Lm in front of mata

Last edited:
We have the depth to do well in the US Open Cup for the first time.

8 assists for Portland in 2015, mostly from the back. Wallace is a baller.
We have the depth to not need to play the first-11 5 games in a row. It does appear that the FO/coaches learned from the burnout of the starters - their legs never had pop in them after that heat-wave streak of games.