Nycfc Signs New Goalkeeper From Mcfc Academy

Eirik Johansen (22). Same lad we had here on trial during the Carolina Challenge Cup. I like him, he's a decent keeper with a good commanding of his area, plus he's an absolute unit at 6'7".

This leaves only 2 spaces in the 30 man roster, presumably for Lampard and DP #3.

Didn't like him in the limited time I saw him. Looked like he didnt' want to be training with us and I didn't like his mobility.

Means they must not like Fitzgerald and Meara is a concern to them.

Reactions: Paul
Eirik Johansen (22). Same lad we had here on trial during the Carolina Challenge Cup. I like him, he's a decent keeper with a good commanding of his area, plus he's an absolute unit at 6'7".

This leaves only 2 spaces in the 30 man roster, presumably for Lampard and DP #3.

Kun, the roster size is now 28, not 30. The change was made as part of the recently agreed CBA. I have to presume that either Fitzgerald or Meara is going to join Wilmington for the season unless we are sending four or more field players down to Wilmington. Plus 4 GKers on a 28 player roster seems high.

Reactions: roxfontaine
Kun, the roster size is now 28, not 30. The change was made as part of the recently agreed CBA. I have to presume that either Fitzgerald or Meara is going to join Wilmington for the season unless we are sending four or more field players down to Wilmington. Plus 4 GKers on a 28 player roster seems high.
From what I have heard, USL loanees still count against the roster limit.

LURCH!!!!
Lurch.jpg

Didn't like him in the limited time I saw him. Looked like he didnt' want to be training with us and I didn't like his mobility.

Yeah, I was not impressed to say the least with his preseason performances. The guy is big, but he was slow and didn't show any agility or desire to even be with the club. Honestly, he looked like he didn't want to be on the field. It made me question whether he even enjoyed playing the sport.

Reactions: Kjbert
Building for the future? Hopefully? Did not see his performance in the preseason so I can't make a judgment on that. But I like the idea, if we send him down. Both of "our" goalies are a little on the older side and who knows what happens with Meara after this season so I thinks it a good move to help build up the position not for this year per say but for 2-3 years in the future.

Reactions: Ryan_Kost12