NYCFC Survivor [2023 Edition] General Discussion

It's that time of year!!!

After a really not-so-great season, it's time to get that frustration out!

For this year, I'll be using strictly the roster as shown on transfermarkt for the 2023 season, plus any players who were transfered after survivor last year. I'll use some adjustments to remove some players who have no reason to be in this competition, as they have not played any first team games for us. (Jonathan Jimenez, Maximo Carrizo, Drew Baiera, Samuel Owusu, Christian McFarlane, Jonathan Shore, Zidane Yanez, Malachi Jones)

Full list of players listed below.
As Survivormaster, I get to choose how each round plays out -- so keep an eye on the rules for each round before voting!
Also, don't forget you can switch your vote whenever you want before the time runs out. Use this to screw over players you don't like, help players you like, whatever you want!
This is, after all, the most important award any NYCFC player can win, and as such we must make certain that our favorite player wins.
...Of course, yeah, that's it.

Without further adieu, your NYCFC Survivor 2023 Edition contestants:

Luis Barraza
Matt Freese
Cody Mizell
Sean Johnson (Toronto, Jan 27, 2023)

Thiago Martins
Birk Risa
Nico Benalcázar (option declined)
Braian Cufré
Kevin O'Toole
Tayvon Gray
Mitja Ilenič
Stephen Turnbull (option declined)
Chris Gloster (buyout, 2/17/2023)
Alexander Callens (Girona, 1/23/2023)
Tony Alfaro (LA Galaxy, 7/11/2023)
Maxime Chanot (AC Ajaccio, 8/29/2023)

Keaton Parks
James Sands
Andrés Perea
Justin Haak
Alfredo Morales (option declined)
Santiago Rodríguez
Richard Ledezma
Maxi Moralez
Gabriel Pereira dos Santos (Al-Rayyan SC, 7/22/2023)

Talles Magno
Matías Pellegrini (option declined)
Andres Jasson
Julián Fernández
Alonso Martínez
Monsef Bakrar
Gabriel Segal
Thiago Andrade (on loan at Athletico Paranaense)

Shouldn’t Acevedo be on this list?
He probably could be, however he was loaned on 12/20/2022, I basically took anyone on our team starting 1/1/23 (per this outgoing list) - figured if he played 0 minutes and was transferred in 2022, he shouldn't fit the criteria. Maybe loan should be counted as squad for survivor? I counted it at not for this year.

Reactions: JCMore
Some close rounds heading into the final 24 hours. Rather interesting! I see some votes have changed lol

We're approaching crunch time.
I have in my head who I believe are going to be the top 3 this year, and I think it's pretty obvious as well.

As of round 7 it'll only be one group, so we'll see if I'm right about this...

Reactions: gbservis
It's looking very likely that Maxi, although he's THE legend at NYCFC, will probably never win a Survivor, if things keep going the way they are.
To pull a Lion/Chanot, STOP VOTING MAXI OR I WILL KICK YOU GUYS OFF THE ISLAND >:C

It's looking very likely that Maxi, although he's THE legend at NYCFC, will probably never win a Survivor, if things keep going the way they are.
To pull a Lion/Chanot, STOP VOTING MAXI OR I WILL KICK YOU GUYS OFF THE ISLAND >:C
Dating myself. But this movie from my childhood reminds me of Maxi this season. Is revered by everyone. Comes out of no where to save the day… and then is gone just as quickly.

• Haha
Reactions: Shwafta