NYCFC Training Facility Thread

Is it possible that they may acquire some of the town land from the failed swimming complex?
A swimming pool will be unnecessary! By the time this is built and running My Andrea will be gone so those all important money shot opportunity won't apply.

A swimming pool will be unnecessary! By the time this is built and running My Andrea will be gone so those all important money shot opportunity won't apply.

billy-madison-lady-scaring-us.gif

There are tremendous benefits to a good academy - you get first dibs on homegrown players, they don't count against the salary cap for some time, and if you sell them on, you keep more of the transfer fee. Given all of this, a strong academy is one of the few ways to really get a competitive advantage in this league.
Just to add on, if you look how RBNJ and Dallas have buily their rosters, it allows them fill the bottom half of their rosters with very cheap domestic players. If we can get our academy churning cheap quality young domestic players, spend the rest of our cap and allocation dollars on a starting xi, but also spend 15 million on dps, we could be frightening.

Just to add on, if you look how RBNJ and Dallas have buily their rosters, it allows them fill the bottom half of their rosters with very cheap domestic players. If we can get our academy churning cheap quality young domestic players, spend the rest of our cap and allocation dollars on a starting xi, but also spend 15 million on dps, we could be frightening.

Just imagine a HG XI in a US Open Cup game, followed by a 3 DP, 2 TAM, 3 INT, 3 HG lineup in a CCL knockout game the next week. One day...

I don't think under current MLS rules you could field a homegrown XI but the point is a strong one. You want to have the academy output of an FCD

I don't think under current MLS rules you could field a homegrown XI but the point is a strong one. You want to have the academy output of an FCD

really? you cant field a homegrown XI? defeats the purpose of academies right now then

really? you cant field a homegrown XI? defeats the purpose of academies right now then

You could but you have limits on the amount of homegrown contracts and money you can spend. Njrb I think have 6 homegrowns on the expanded roster. They made the rules more lenient this year to accommodate Jordan Morris

You could but you have limits on the amount of homegrown contracts and money you can spend. Njrb I think have 6 homegrowns on the expanded roster. They made the rules more lenient this year to accommodate Jordan Morris

lol thats terrible....so we are forced to buy players that may not be that good instead of a kid from our own academy we want to develop?

lol thats terrible....so we are forced to buy players that may not be that good instead of a kid from our own academy we want to develop?
Not exactly. You could in essence field a whole team that you developed from your academy, you just wouldn't be able to have them all count as "homegrowns" from an MLS contract standpoint on how they count against the cap.

Your complete roster could theoretically consist of all guys developed from your academy. Just only a few of them would have "homegrown contracts" from a technicality standpoint (though all would be somewhat "homegrown").

Not exactly. You could in essence field a whole team that you developed from your academy, you just wouldn't be able to have them all count as "homegrowns" from an MLS contract standpoint on how they count against the cap.

Your complete roster could theoretically consist of all guys developed from your academy. Just only a few of them would have "homegrown contracts" from a technicality standpoint (though all would be somewhat "homegrown").
That's fine because the others from the academy would be 3 DP's, a couple Tam, and some others making (relatively) good cash money..... er....deja vu...... Alex, I'll take What have you Been Smoking for $1000

i see....i still think its lame that there is a limit.

I live fairly close. I'll probably pass by this week and post an update if anything's going on.

Have you ever eaten at The Filling Station/The Market on 9W?

And thank you in advance for providing a report.

Never even heard of it. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Go to The Filling Station, it's this roadside grill shack on 9W. Order a burger, hot dog, and fries and you won't be disappointed. It's my favorite place for all three. The Market is the place next door has more refined food, still quality.

IMG_20161227_153808.jpg IMG_20161227_153842.jpg

Drove by this afternoon but didn't get out of the car to walk around because I was with my kids. Lots of heavy machinery around and the gate to the site was open but it didn't look like anyone was working. The lot has been pretty much cleared but it looks to be in the very early stages. I'll check back in the spring when my daughter's travel soccer team plays across the street.

Last edited: