NYCFC Training Facility Thread

We just have a first team training facility. That is a US Soccer National Training, Coaching Education, Youth Development Headquarters. Different purpose, different needs.
Just having a little fun was all

So, it has come to my attention via Instagram stories that many of our players have moved to Fort Lee, New Jersey to be closer to the new training ground. A lot of the players are living in the same area, possibly even the same building.

So, it has come to my attention via Instagram stories that many of our players have moved to Fort Lee, New Jersey to be closer to the new training ground. A lot of the players are living in the same area, possibly even the same building.

It wasn’t from Tinder swiping?

Reactions: SoupInNYC and Jon
Makes sense. Interesting they would choose fort Lee and not Hoboken or Weehawken.

Makes sense. Interesting they would choose fort Lee and not Hoboken or Weehawken.
Geography? Fort Lee is north of Weehawken and Hoboken, closer to the training facility and right by the GW Bridge - makes it easier to get in to the city for appearances and any FO meetings/functions. Also, the traffic on the road along the water connecting those NJ river towns can be horrendous at times.

I would think White Plains is still a good option too. It's about the same distance from Orangeburg. They'd have to deal with the Tappan Zee Bridge going to practice, but that has to be better than dealing with the GW going into the City.

I would think White Plains is still a good option too. It's about the same distance from Orangeburg. They'd have to deal with the Tappan Zee Bridge going to practice, but that has to be better than dealing with the GW going into the City.
Fort Lee has its own on-ramp to the GW. That was what all the fuss was about when Cris Christie was governor and retaliated against the mayor with Bridgegate.

Reactions: LionNYC and Kjbert
Not to be that guy, but if I worked between Orangeburf and the South Bronx, Fort Lee isn't where I would live.

Then again, I don't know what their housing allowance is.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I grew up like a 10 minute walk from Fort Lee, so that's pretty cool. They're probably living at The Modern.

Reactions: Kjbert