NYCFC Training Facility Thread

When they invite fans to the opening ceremony but they do a ribbon cutting 2 days before the event

31289846_10210883975479383_1196938249306636288_n.jpg
Eh I'm more upset about the drop ceilings.

Reactions: Ulrich
What I don't understand about the facility is that if it's a 17acre site, why do they only have 1.5 groomed fields? One acre is 43500 sf, so the complex is approx 739,500sf. There's a 25K square foot facility and probably similar parking, so that's about 50K sf. A 100x70 field is 63K sf, so they've got 100K in fields. Not counting setbacks, they still have approx 600K sf of land that could be converted into fields; or say 400K after setbacks which translates 6 full fields. Are they using the World Class fields as spillover, or did they want to get the facility opened ASAP so they did the bare minimum 1.5 fields for the ribbon cutting and construction will continue behind the treeline?

They’re buying goodwill from the media.

I blew 2000k citizen points, so I’ll be happy if my box lunch is cooked. To your point, since they haven’t asked for my sizing yet, it would suck to find a full kit only to realize it’s all XXL.
2,000 points? That’s a lot.

Imagine how much you’d have to pay in order to make your own pizza.

Saw that. 5k points is ridiculous to make a pizza.
The pizza thing was 5k points? For SAS and Stuver? I didn't even click past the email to see how much it cost. But now I'm curious . . . . . OK I'm back. Nobody has bit yet.
Imagine how many points it would be if the restaurant cooked the pizza for you.

The pizza thing was 5k points? For SAS and Stuver? I didn't even click past the email to see how much it cost. But now I'm curious . . . . . OK I'm back. Nobody has bit yet.
I can only imagine that it was a typo and supposed to be 500pts. Aren’t there about 80spots available? Seems like a bad ratio of guests to players for an exorbitant number of points - basically 3 years worth.

I can only imagine that it was a typo and supposed to be 500pts. Aren’t there about 80spots available? Seems like a bad ratio of guests to players for an exorbitant number of points - basically 3 years worth.
50 spots. Still a lot of people, especially for 5k points. I'm not sure I'd spend 5k points on a Villa event unless it were 20 people or less.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
A penny for everyone's thoughts regarding the whole "how many points would you spend"

I'm thinking about dropping 1k points on the shot on goal for my daughter's birthday on Sunday. Is it a crazy amount of points for something over in 30 seconds?

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
That could be right. I don't remember any event being 5k points, or even more than 2k.

A penny for everyone's thoughts regarding the whole "how many points would you spend"

I'm thinking about dropping 1k points on the shot on goal for my daughter's birthday on Sunday. Is it a crazy amount of points for something over in 30 seconds?
It seems like a lot to me. Plus, you are only down there after the game is over, which probably means after the crowd has filed out and the players are off the pitch. I mean, it really depends on your daughter and what she likes, but I think the City Send Off at the same price is a better deal, or even splurging on the Starting XI photo. That's something I'd like to do for my kid one day if I can swing it.

Reactions: Kjbert
I thought this would have Villa in it.

I wish he would've made an announcement before the Portland match that we're about to hit turbulence, fasten your seat belts, prepare to use the barf bag, and tuck your head between your knees for the crash landing.