NYCFC Training Facility Thread

What would be an ideal location?
Needs to be on a subway line. They should "buy" a high school field and build a shared facility. Someplace like Archbishop Molloy, on the E/F train in Briarwood, say, or St. John's Prep in Astoria not too far from the N train. It's existing space, so no issues with having to buy or pay off a parking garage, and you'd be giving a gift of professional-level facilities to whichever school gets chosen. Gotta be dozens of good locations scattered around the city for something like this.

This one is a challenge. You need something in the boroughs so it’s easy for the kids to get to. You also need a facility that is shared with the senior team, so that the kids have exposure to the professionals. Not clear where in the 5 boros you can find the space for that.

Reactions: Kjbert
Thinking about it. The best spot may be in lower westchester off of a Metro North stop.

Philly Union announce a new $55 million all purpose training facility / school in Chester. Massive investment.

These are the little things you can do around the margins that make a massive impact and don’t show up on the MLSPA salary cap charges.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
These are the little things you can do around the margins that make a massive impact and don’t show up on the MLSPA salary cap charges.
I agree - but need to ask an honest question (no snark). If this investment is important, wouldn’t holding off on player sales to maximize return, regardless of salary cap benefit, also be important?

I agree - but need to ask an honest question (no snark). If this investment is important, wouldn’t holding off on player sales to maximize return, regardless of salary cap benefit, also be important?

Yes. IF THEY GET YOU MORE MONEY.

We should probably move this to the roster thread. But is a 26 year old Taty scoring 7 goals in La Liga worth more than a 24 year old Taty scoring 20 in MLS?

No guarantee we’ll get more money for him in 1.5 years. And even if we do, need to account for money in hand now versus future payments

Yes. IF THEY GET YOU MORE MONEY.

We should probably move this to the roster thread. But is a 26 year old Taty scoring 7 goals in La Liga worth more than a 24 year old Taty scoring 20 in MLS?

No guarantee we’ll get more money for him in 1.5 years. And even if we do, need to account for money in hand now versus future payments
The good thing is, a 26 year old Taty scoring goals in La Liga means we already sold him.

Ok. So he’ll be 25. 25 year olds are typically worth less than 23 year olds

Think you’re obfuscating here. Who is typically worth more. An older player or a younger player.

a slightly older player who plays well in a top league is worth more than a slightly younger player who is performing in a lower level league.

you're probably thinking "but he hasn't been scoring". although goals are important, his play is just as important. if you watch the girona games, he's already a major cog in their attack. and it's only been what.. 7 games? he is tied for first in the team for goals. I think taty hits 15 goals by the end of the la liga season, which would be a success imo. on a better team with better players around him to read his runs and get him service, he'd score plenty more.

a slightly older player who plays well in a top league is worth more than a slightly younger player who is performing in a lower level league.

you're probably thinking "but he hasn't been scoring". although goals are important, his play is just as important. if you watch the girona games, he's already a major cog in their attack. and it's only been what.. 7 games? he is tied for first in the team for goals. I think taty hits 15 goals by the end of the la liga season, which would be a success imo. on a better team with better players around him to read his runs and get him service, he'd score plenty more.

Hitting 15 goals would be an incredible return.
He’s on pace for 10. Still a good return. But do you get a $15 million return then? Don’t forget the euro and pound have crashed since the loan began. You now need $17-$18 million for the same GBP

Reactions: bjb
Hitting 15 goals would be an incredible return.
He’s on pace for 10. Still a good return. But do you get a $15 million return then? Don’t forget the euro and pound have crashed since the loan began. You now need $17-$18 million for the same GBP

this isn't the tread for this discussion, so this will be the last post on this topic, but I do think we get $15 mill.. maybe even more.

Think you’re obfuscating here. Who is typically worth more. An older player or a younger player.
Literally was only noting that Taty would in fact be 24, and not 25, nor 26. If I wanted to add more context or "meaning" behind my post, I would have stated it, as I always do.

The Union’s facility is incredible. No reason a club like NYCFC shouldn’t have this. This is what a commitment to sustainable excellence looks like. Myriad of places in the tri-state area where this could be housed