Nycfc Training Fields Thread

Any word on buildings?

Great question and I will answer it only from what I have seen being over there the past couple of months.

If you are looking at those pictures of the training fields (by the way, if you look closely, there is a second field that they build beyond the first one - just hard to see from where you are able to stand and obvserve), close your eyes and rotate about 90 degrees to your right. There is another area that they have developed that sits about 100 feet higher, overlooking the training ground. When I first visited, this was undeveloped. Since then, the ground has been leveled bot not developed into a training ground. My understanding from the one conversation I had with a construction worker is that there will be a building put there. But from the angle you can look at, you wouldn't be able to tell if a foundation has been built yet.

However, one of the very first pictures I posted in this thread was a mound of dirt. That wasn't there two weeks. This leads me to believe that they have dug a hole for the foundation of the building.

When it is all said and done I would like the NYC Training center to be more like this
Jets-Full.jpg

http://www.galeintl.com/projects/the-green-at-florham-par-nj/

1 large Indoor field
Multiple out door field
World class training/healing center

Awesome bro! I edited your posts and added them all as "full image" the forum automatically resizes to fit viewers screen so feel free to do that in the future so people don't have to click on order to see.

When it is all said and done I would like the NYC Training center to be more like this
1 large Indoor field
Multiple out door field
World class training/healing center

Coincidentally this officially opened in Manchester today...

B4VUSAiCMAAm3_E.jpg

I would expect when you have your stadium situation sorted the land around the ground will be bought and something similar built. New York is too big a potential source of footballers for that not to happen.

B4VUSAiCMAAm3_E.jpg

I would expect when you have your stadium situation sorted the land around the ground will be bought and something similar built. New York is too big a potential source of footballers for that not to happen.

It is impossible for us to build an 80 acre training ground in New York or in the North East in the us. Maybe a 20 acre is possible.

Much like the Knicks and Rangers, it makes too much sense not to have our training facility outside of the city

Unless of course you built it in Queens, which is possible.

The Nets are building there new Facility in Brooklyn out by the navy yard. If NYC buys one of the golf course in the Bronx or Queens they can do it, or on the boarder of Brooklyn and Long island.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think the space needed to build a soccer training facility would force the clube to look away from the Bronx, Brooklyn or Manhattan and towards the suburbs or possibly Queens.

Reactions: franchise646
Keep in mine there Bronx and Brooklyn just isn't the hood, Parkchester and the Brooklyn/Long island broader are the burbs as well.

B4VUSAiCMAAm3_E.jpg

This is where NYCFC is training next month right?

Reactions: Kjbert
Not doing this to stir up animosity. If this is temporary like I heard it might be does anyone have an issue with the training ground being located outside of the 5 boros? The stadium must be, but if the training ground is in Westchester or Long Island is that an issue?

Not doing this to stir up animosity. If this is temporary like I heard it might be does anyone have an issue with the training ground being located outside of the 5 boros? The stadium must be, but if the training ground is in Westchester or Long Island is that an issue?

Not at all. I think this is prudent and expands the fan base.

For me the stadium must be in the city in the 5boros but the training ground I'd. It is not going to be easy to find 20-30 acres of open space to build something like that. There are only 3 boroughs(Brooklyn, Bronx and Queens) with a bit of open space and only one with it would not be a big issue (Queens). So if the training grounds were in Yonkers, Westchester, or Long Island (For non-New Yorkers these are the areas in-state that broader the city and are more like towns. They are the suburbs.) I don't have a problem as long as the stadium is in the city and easy to get to.

nope knicks and rangers have them outside the city. I think its more of where the team plays their games that matter. Not where they train.