Nycfc V Brøndby

NYCFCFan10

Registered
Mar 23, 2014
One thing I take away from watching videos of Brondby: They're definitely a cut above St. Mirren!

225px-Br%C3%B8ndby_IF.svg.png

Full name: Brøndbyernes Idrætsforening
Nickname(s): Drengene Fra Vestegnen
(The Boys from Western outskirts)
Founded: 3 December 1964; 50 years ago (1964-12-03)
Ground: Brøndby Stadium
Ground Capacity: 29,000
Chairman: Jan Bech Andersen
Manager: Thomas Frank
League '13–'14: Danish Superliga, 4th

Kreis said they are a lot more possession oriented than St. Mirrens, should be a good challenge.

So excited for the season to finally get here. There better not be a strike or lockout.
Imagine if Orlando "fills the bowl" and then there's a strike and we never play them in Orlando this year. LOL
:D

Hopefully it would be resolved before our first home game though.

Are any guys going to see this?
I just ordered my ticket.
East 1 - Row; S - Seat 15!
Would be great too meet some of the guys on here

Reactions: LostAnvil
Brondby are certainly a better side than St. Mirren (although I would say the Danish Superliga is a pretty similar level to the SPL), they play more attractive football and half 3/4 decent players.
Their key players:
Johann Elmander - Former Bolton and Galatasaray striker, beast of a man. Actually would have been a good partner for Villa here, he's a bit like Nemec (big strong/good in the air etc) with a bit more flair and guile.
Daniel Agger - Former Liverpool centre back, great on the ball and in the air, strong as an ox. Would still walk into most Premier League sides.
Teemu Pukki - 24 year old Finnish striker on loan from Celtic. Has 5 goals in 11 games this season. Very skillful and a good finisher, he's a talent.
Thomas Kahlenberg - Experienced attacking midfielder and captain. A bit of a talisman for them, creates a good lot of chances for their strikers.

Others to look for: Rashani, Ornskov, da Silva.

I would play this team for the 1st Half:
Saunders
Williams Hernandez Mendoza Wingert
Poku
Ballouchy Grabavoy
Mix
Nemec Villa

and this for the 2nd Half:
Rawls
Brovsky Facey Kwame Brandt
Jacobson
Dunn Calle
Velasquez
Taylor Shelton

Brondby are certainly a better side than St. Mirren (although I would say the Danish Superliga is a pretty similar level to the SPL), they play more attractive football and half 3/4 decent players.
Their key players:
Johann Elmander - Former Bolton and Galatasaray striker, beast of a man. Actually would have been a good partner for Villa here, he's a bit like Nemec (big strong/good in the air etc) with a bit more flair and guile.
Daniel Agger - Former Liverpool centre back, great on the ball and in the air, strong as an ox. Would still walk into most Premier League sides.
Teemu Pukki - 24 year old Finnish striker on loan from Celtic. Has 5 goals in 11 games this season. Very skillful and a good finisher, he's a talent.
Thomas Kahlenberg - Experienced attacking midfielder and captain. A bit of a talisman for them, creates a good lot of chances for their strikers.

Saunders
Poku
Ballouchy Grabavoy
Mix
Nemec Villa

Rawls
Jacobson
Dunn Calle
Velasquez
Taylor Shelton
You think he will go with the tale of two halves again?

Their key players:

Saunders
Poku
Ballouchy Grabavoy
Mix
Nemec Villa

Rawls
Jacobson
Dunn Calle
Velasquez
Taylor Shelton
No Mullins?

Their key players:

Saunders
Poku
Ballouchy Grabavoy
Mix
Nemec Villa

Rawls
Jacobson
Dunn Calle
Velasquez
Taylor Shelton
I want to see Kwame in the first half team and bench Facey. Why are we giving any time to a MC academy kid who will never play for NYC? Unless it's part of the use of the academy grounds...

I would like for Kreis to show off some of the potential versatility of this roster, experiment with Wingert in the CB spot.

I want to see Kwame in the first half team and bench Facey. Why are we giving any time to a MC academy kid who will never play for NYC? Unless it's part of the use of the academy grounds...

I would like for Kreis to show off some of the potential versatility of this roster, experiment with Wingert in the CB spot.
Personally I want to see our first choice centre half pairing in the first half (i.e. Hernanedz/Mendoza), and clearly there is a chance NYCFC will sign Facey on loan or else he'd be training with the City EDS.

I agree with the versatility idea actually, but I decided to keep players in the positions the played in the last game. But if we do want to try a couple of paople out in different positions, I wouldn't mind seeing Brovsky at left back, Wingert at centre back, Facey at right back, Brandt in midfield, maybe Poku in a more advanced role.

I thought it was made clear in Jacksonville that Facey wasn't signing with the team. Just rehabbing. No?

I thought it was made clear in Jacksonville that Facey wasn't signing with the team. Just rehabbing. No?
There was a story like that, but why would he not have joined up with MCFC again if he's got no chance of signing for NYCFC?

If it is just rehabbing, then I'd play that Fran Martinez lad again.