Nycfc V Charleston

I agree with kreis's strategy and style of game play. I'm a fan of spanish soccer, hence why I'm here now. And I very much agree with possesion and building an attack vs. direct play over the top or from distance. I'm absolutely not saying I want Mix or Grab taking shots from 30 yards out. I want them to work the play. The only thing I was saying about the game is I was disappointed with our play through the middle of the field. Every pass mix receieved he played it right back where it came for or at least back to the same side. I don't remember if I saw him recieve a ball and turn and look at the rest of the field -- aka look to build the attack.
I'm pretty sure every time Villa actually got the ball on his feet, it's because he dropped back into the mid and got the ball from either our wings, or backs. I don't remember Mix putting the ball on his feet, and that's where I was a little dissappointed. The mid's job is to work the ball up the field, and I'm saying they should be able to do this not just around the center of the field, but through it.
Maybe I'm expecting too much. But for all the hype that was put on him, and honestly the way he played too games ago I believed in it, but last night just wasn't enough. Not enough pressence, not enough attacking mentality, not enough distribution. I thought he was outplayed by Grabavoy...who I'd never heard of before a few weeks ago. That's all.
And as to where to find a better midfielder. I'd say cross your fingers and hope we land Xavi next year. =)
Mix? #10? We definitely watched a different game than you. He almost never passed it back, in fact he made a number of passes that made me sit up in my chair. 20 yard passes through traffic, right to the foot of an attacker. How many times do you get excited by a pass? Mix was electric last night against competition that was not close to his level.

Mix made the pass that Ballouchy flicked onto Grabavoy for the first goal as well

I think Mix had what would have been one of the best games I've seen from an MLS box to box midfielder. I don't even see how it's debatable. Hell, it's not just us saying it. It's literally everyone who watched the match, except one guy, who thinks he was great.

I mean, he's not going to be COUTINHOOOOOOOOO, but he will be one of the best midfielders in MLS, and one of the best overall players - possibly the best non-DP out there.

Did Mix bang your girlfriend? You should wear it as a badge of honor.

Mix was playing in Norwegian league, it's not much better than MLS. He still has things to prove. But we've seen it at the WCQ he has the potential for greatness.

Reactions: srcarter
Mix was playing in Norwegian league, it's not much better than MLS. He still has things to prove. But we've seen it at the WCQ he has the potential for greatness.
I think overall MLS is better than the Tippeligan (no idea if I'm spelling that right) by a pretty fair margin. It's (MLS) definitely a more athletic league than Norway.

I think Norway is a fine league, but there isn't much money in it. Extremely rich people generally GTFO Norway.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Well they can play in the UEFA CL so its possible that the top teams in Norway would be better than MLS teams, but overall you could be right. The lower rung Norway teams are not in the same class as most MLS clubs.