Nycfc V Columbus Crew - Postgame

I know everyone loves to think Kreis' post-game comments were about Lampard, but has anyone considered whether he was directing them (at least in part) at Iraola. He has been very inconsistent and gave up the turnover that led to the winning goal.
Definitely. I figured the potential targets, based on age and who played Saturday, were Lampard, Pirlo, and Iraola. Villa fits in the age group, but I figure he is immune. I also doubt it was Lampard. Kreis seems to like him.

Definitely. I figured the potential targets, based on age and who played Saturday, were Lampard, Pirlo, and Iraola. Villa fits in the age group, but I figure he is immune. I also doubt it was Lampard. Kreis seems to like him.

I don't think it has to be just one. The first goal was scored by Pirlo's man that he lost on the corner, the other as you suggest was initiated by an Iraola turnover so maybe he was mad at both. I will say someone pointed out that Iraola was 2nd on the team in passing with 72 passes and a 90% accuracy, for a guy that wants to play a possession style you would think that's something that would make Kries happy.

I think the comments were definitely at Iraola. Remember Kreis benched him for a half in favor of RJ Allen a few games ago. Iraola has not looked anything special and has given up a number of turnovers that have found their way into the back of the net. Remember this guy was the captain of a mid-table La Liga team for years, I mean he has a fifa rating of 80. He's waaaaaaay underperformed.

(Not to say that FIFA ratings are the best judge of talent - waiting for someone to pull up Poku's rating - but it's somewhat indicative of the quality of the player. A guy with that rating should not be a liability in MLS).

I think most of us are reading way too much into it. I think his comments were not aimed at anyone in particular, but were meant to shift as much of the blame off of him and his coaching staff as possible. Either way, his comments were completely inappropriate and not at all the kind of stuff you want to hear from ANY coach. He ignorantly laid out the case for why we should blame him in the first place. If he can't motivate his players to want to be here, then why the fuck is he even here? The fact that we're even considering the idea that the likes of Lampard, Villa and Pirlo would purposely risk ending their incredible careers just to help sink this ship is ridiculous.

CN1gh_GWEAAokRD.jpg

I think it's pretty obvious what Kreis is doing: he's justifying beforehand his inclusion of Grabavoy and Wingert in the starting XI against Dallas.

All this speculating. I take his comments literally, his older players need to slap the rest of the team into shape, command a certain mentality. And it's Kreis job to start that chain reaction.

I know everyone loves to think Kreis' post-game comments were about Lampard, but has anyone considered whether he was directing them (at least in part) at Iraola. He has been very inconsistent and gave up the turnover that led to the winning goal.

I certainly hope so.