Nycfc V Dc Postgame

On a serious note better performance. Still p.o. on the derby game. Late night for me that one. On a positive note my shirt finally arrived as did my Son's.

Reactions: Kubah
I thought Villa took his shirt off as the atmosphere suddenly rocketed at that point, so he was involved in the catharsis.

After we went 0-1 down there seemed to be a palpable pessimism in the crowd and it was joy when we equalised. But then when that pass came out of nowhere and we were all turning to look at that part of the pitch, DV took two quick and sweet touches and the ball was in the net!

Really seemed to me like everyone just exploded with joy at that point - the noise and the cheering were amazing! So, i'm not surprised he tore his shirt off - I would have done the same thing if it weren't for the threat of a public indecency charge.

Reactions: Paul
Villa's goal was nominated for goal of the week.

Also, the video of the nominations gives us another angle of the goal. It shows it from essentially the corner flag, with Villa coming towards the camera. It is cool to see just how much the ball curves towards Villa, and that he looked to touch it first with the bottom of his foot.

I thought Villa took his shirt off as the atmosphere suddenly rocketed at that point, so he was involved in the catharsis.

After we went 0-1 down there seemed to be a palpable pessimism in the crowd and it was joy when we equalised. But then when that pass came out of nowhere and we were all turning to look at that part of the pitch, DV took two quick and sweet touches and the ball was in the net!

Really seemed to me like everyone just exploded with joy at that point - the noise and the cheering were amazing! So, i'm not surprised he tore his shirt off - I would have done the same thing if it weren't for the threat of a public indecency charge.
Agree about the catharsis. I think he also took his shirt off as a reaction to just how profoundly amazing that goal was from both him and Pirlo.

I'm really starting to wonder if Kreis even instructs AJ to play as a CDM. Honestly, after 24 regular season matches I have no idea what role he's supposed to be providing.

This is a legitimate question. He played higher than Mix for the entire first half and then in the second half he clearly had instructions to press high. He's either being told to play that way or he's an incredibly undisciplined CDM, I think it's the former.

Problem is that his positioning invalidates the argument that we need him back next to Pirlo. Jacobson's high pressing in the second half helped but I feel like Mix can do that just as well without the being an offensive liability. When teams man mark Pirlo we need players that can exploit the additional space. Jacobson doesn't have the skills or positional awareness to do that and having him out there essentially wastes the advantage.

My friend just asked me, so I figure I ask here, any plans to go down to DC 10/2 ?