Nycfc V Disney Motm & Postgame

I don't why no one else can do it when he makes it look so damn easy.
There's only one Pirlo. Not only is he unique, but the whole concept of "deep-lying playmaker" was essentially invented to describe the role he created for himself. It's not so easy to replicate, despite how Pirlo's calm and composure makes it look.

There's only one Pirlo. Not only is he unique, but the whole concept of "deep-lying playmaker" was essentially invented to describe the role he created for himself. It's not so easy to replicate, despite how Pirlo's calm and composure makes it look.

I get it. The class he brings is undeniable. He was clearly the best player in the midfield when he stepped on the field. Really looking forward to the rest of this season.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think Villa being offsides was him just being too overexcited to score and guarantee the victory. You can tell by how devastated he was when they called the offsides, and then how happy he was when Mix scored a few minutes after.

This is why I think he's captain material. The dude gives a fuck, and he expects everyone around him to up their game. When he whines, I don't think it's because he's a diva, but because he expects more from everyone, and knows that they can be better.

I'm clearly in this camp re Villa. His entire career, he has always been exceedingly intense and excitable, whether it's directed at himself, his teammates, and just as often in a positive, celebratory way like you see when he or the team scores. You could see yesterday how pumped he was on his goals, and just as much on the others with the hugs, piggy-back rides, etc. He plays on that edge, and no one seems to have a problem with it even if it could at times be interpreted as calling someone out. He's known as a great guy off the pitch as well. I think the rest of the team loves the guy, even if he can't speak the language.

Last edited:
I'm clearly in this camp re Villa. His entire career, he also always been exceedingly intense and excitable, whether it's directed at himself, his teammates, and just as often in a positive, celebratory way like you see when he or the team scores. You could see yesterday how pumped he was on his goals, and just as much on the others with the hugs, piggy-back rides, etc. He plays on that edge, and no one seems to have a problem with it even if it could at times be interpreted as calling someone out. He's known as a great guy off the pitch as well. I think the rest of the team loves the guy, even if he can't speak the language.
I agree I mean look at this tweet... He is relentless and I love his passion

I was comparing him to Peyton Manning in the NFL. It's a complete copycat league, but no other team has copied his style of running the offense in 15 years, despite his success, because apparently no other QB sees the game the way he does.
Believe it or not, I'm already saddenning myself thinking about life after Pirlo.

A hilarious game of football, haven't had that much fun watching a game in quite some time. The mix of highly paid and skilled attackers playing against poor defences can lead to great 'ding-dong' battles like this match. Anyway, here's my quick thoughts on the match:

Angelino - this kid is the dog's bollocks. I thought he'd, initially, struggle to adapt to the physicality of real pro football but he's hit the ground running. An immense talent who is probably not far off MCFC's first XI standard at all.

Villa - just a class above in the final third and he's only going to score more goals with Pirlo and Poku seemingly hitting things off nicely last night. I do, however, see a small issue with him being captain, I assume the armband was going to be Frank's but Lampard-gate put paid to that. Villa just seems a little too whiney to be a truly great captain.

Pirlo - God.

TMAC - comfortably my favourite player on the team, they need to start stocking MLS jerseys over here so I can grab myself a McNamara 15 one!

I was comparing him to Peyton Manning in the NFL. It's a complete copycat league, but no other team has copied his style of running the offense in 15 years, despite his success, because apparently no other QB sees the game the way he does.
Believe it or not, I'm already saddenning myself thinking about life after Pirlo.

Funny you say that, cause I likened his signing to Peyton Manning in the beginning of the month...that's who I would compare Pirlo to (American Football wise).

I'm fine with tmac in that spot. He may not be the most gifted, but the guy hustles and gets involved. That's the kind of player Pirlo can make a better player. A guy that's willing to take chances. That's what tmac could do. I look at it like putting Peyton Manning on a team automatically makes the receivers better. So if Pirlo is QB'n this team, people like tmac, Shelton, Calle will benefit the most.

Yeah, that's what I feared. I mean, I don't blame MC for wanting this kid back. He's going to be really good. Damn it.
Yea the kid has all of the potential and I will miss him dearly when he leaves but it is what it is. I think eventually they may bring Angelino to the mid as a LM/RM combo. His size may be a big drawback to leave him as a full back. But the kid is quick, smart, great touch, fast. I can see him become a very good mid.

Reactions: Drainyoo
Funny you say that, cause I likened his signing to Peyton Manning in the beginning of the month...that's who I would compare Pirlo to (American Football wise).
That's pretty funny, because I too likened Pirlo to Manning.

I've been posting Pirlo Party stuff all over my Facebook page as of late and when a non-soccer, NFL loving friend ask me what he was all about, I compared him to Peyton........"A super-star towards the end of his career moving from one team to another, but still has some gas left in the tank."

I can't figure out what the hell Villa was doing there. It was obnoxiously offside, and for no damn good reason.

He also wasted a sick run by Mix. Just saying. I am a "Villa-in" (patent pending).

I guarantee you it was the stupid lawn mower lines on the field. I looked for it on the replay and Villa lined himself up with the lines on the grass, but because we are on a fucking baseball diamond, he was actually about 5 yards behind the defender.

anyone have a gif of the kaka free kick or the pirlo yellow?

I get the puto chant, but on one occasion they did "You're an asshole," which caused me to actually to turn around and say, "Wow, not cool."

"puto" is far more offensive than "asshole"

Keeper is shitty at everything except shot stopping. It's pretty bad, and no secret. I think we're all over Lampard and most would prefer he go back to MC.

do you honestly and truly believe that "most" nycfc fans would prefer frank lampard go back to MC?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
People have criticized Mena for Larin's 3 goals, but Facey deserves criticism too. Facey losing Larin's completely on the 2nd goal was really bad.
Mena lost him on the first goal. Facey lost him on the second. I'd like to see Facey and (I think the 2nd man was) Jacobsen close harder on the third goal, but Larin took a terrific shot.

The skill upgrade across the back line is phenomenal, but they're still missing assignments. OCSC had a few other open opportunities that they didn't connect on. Here's hoping for a consistent run out of Angelino-Facey-Mena-Iraola and a quick chemistry.

anyone have a gif of the kaka free kick or the pirlo yellow?

"puto" is far more offensive than "asshole"

do you honestly and truly believe that "most" nycfc fans would prefer frank lampard go back to MC?
Just surveyed my household, and it's not actually "most". It's unanimous. Of course, I'm the only one home.

Reactions: franch and Mack