Nycfc V Disney Motm & Postgame

Another important thing we learned today: We can score, a lot. Which will be very important when we play the likes of LA. There's the good possibility that our match versus LA will have double digit total goals, like an All Star Game, or 0-0.

I have t go back and rewatch the first half I skipped to get to the fun part, but my sense was that TMac was all over the place, in a good way.
I didn't realize until seeing on tv how good his finish was.it was neatly placed. Re-confirms my assessment.

I think any harsh criticism of Villa is just attempts by small-minded people to pretend they're soccer geniuses.

Villa busted his ass today. His positive contributions outweighed any "poor positioning" or whatever by 100 times.

The team was not set up to play offensively in the first half. It was almost as if Kreis wanted to completely crowd Kaka out for the first half, with TMac and Ballouchy even pinching in. It was like we had 5 CMs. Service was never going to be coming... Yet Villa still found a way to grab the game by the scuff of the next.

Villa was nearly unplayable in the second half. Collin was trying to mark him and he looked like a deer trying to ice skate.

Villa's been superb since taking the captain's armband--he's been a leader through and through. He works really had, has adjusted his play to become more physical, and (like or lump it) knows how to work the refs (and can get the benefit of the doubt his way).
I think any criticism of criticisms of Villa are just attempts by small minded people to get reps by other people who don't watch or do much of anything with a critical eye.

I also have no problem telling you that I see you as one of those people.

Eta: see? I can do it, too. We're all analyzing the game. People see different things. It's for fun. It's no reflection on brain size

Thank you for that, I did not realise his background. Hopefully you'll get a decent 'keeper, and soon!
Thanks mate. I hope so too but for this year Saunders will do I guess. I really expect nycfc to sign a top notch keeper in the off season and have Saunders as backup. Saunders is a great teammate and the group really likes him and respects him. He worth keeping around and eventually I can see him transition into a coaching staff maybe even with nycfc.

I think any criticism of criticisms of Villa are just attempts by small minded people to get reps by other people who don't watch or do much of anything with a critical eye.

I also have no problem telling you that I see you as one of those people.
What are you doing replying to my post about Villa? Shouldn't you be complaining about Frank Lampard now?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I think any harsh criticism of Villa is just attempts by small-minded people to pretend they're soccer geniuses.

Villa busted his ass today. His positive contributions outweighed any "poor positioning" or whatever by 100 times.

The team was not set up to play offensively in the first half. It was almost as if Kreis wanted to completely crowd Kaka out for the first half, with TMac and Ballouchy even pinching in. It was like we had 5 CMs. Service was never going to be coming... Yet Villa still found a way to grab the game by the scuff of the next.

Villa was nearly unplayable in the second half. Collin was trying to mark him and he looked like a deer trying to ice skate.

Villa's been superb since taking the captain's armband--he's been a leader through and through. He works really had, has adjusted his play to become more physical, and (like or lump it) knows how to work the refs (and can get the benefit of the doubt his way).

Couldn't have said it any better, Villa is your striker who was close to getting a hatrick, let alone he could walk into almost any team in world football besides probably Barca and Bayern. Guy is one of the best every, his history and class speaks for it's self. He's been class being the leader on a expansion team isn't very easy can't wait too see us at full strength.

Villa is top notch in every aspect of his game except maybe when he does those fancy heel and one two back kicks thinking his teammates are still the likes of barca and they don't expect it or are not smart enough to make those runs.

Overall as one poster said Villa is the heart of this team and I love him. He plays 100% every game and even if he knows this team has been short handed up until now he never complains and gives it his all. A great get for us and I look forward to seeing him with more quality around him as we improve.

Reactions: TabascoDiva
Villa is top notch in every aspect of his game except maybe when he does those fancy heel and one two back kicks thinking his teammates are still the likes of barca and they don't expect it or are not smart enough to make those runs.

Overall as one poster said Villa is the heart of this team and I love him. He plays 100% every game and even if he knows this team has been short handed up until now he never complains and gives it his all. A great get for us and I look forward to seeing him with more quality around him as we improve.
My criticism is different. It's not about his play so much. Happy to have him, and he's top notch, no doubt.

I think a lot of the folks who never doubt his play aren't in the stadium, though. It's not a criticism of them. It's just the difference between being able to see more of the field or what TV shows.

He's great in the box when he gets service. Sometimes, it would be cool if we had more of a hardworker like a Dempsey. I think that will be less of an issue now, assuming Kreis doesn't sit Pirlo for Grabavoy.

Hearing Poku's interview after the match makes it so clear the impact Pirlo has had.

Poku straight up says that Pirlo told him to get the ball and run at people. Yes, I'm over the moon about Pirlo. But my goodness, who wouldn't be?

As Meola, said, he "ripped the face off the game".

You try way too hard.

And I've finally seen it all, now that I've seen someone say David Villa 1) relies on service and 2) isn't as much of a hard worker as Clint Dempsey is.
I'm sorry, man. I will give the ol' Villa try now. But if you click my name, it has a word that says "ignore". Click it, and you'll be Midas-free.

I'll pm you when I perfect posting.

Reactions: roxfontaine
Hearing Poku's interview after the match makes it so clear the impact Pirlo has had.

Poku straight up says that Pirlo told him to get the ball and run at people. Yes, I'm over the moon about Pirlo. But my goodness, who wouldn't be?

As Meola, said, he "ripped the face off the game".

Why can't I find the postgame interviews?

Why can't I find the postgame interviews?
I had it on dvr. Always add the extra hour. You don't really need those reruns of "The Good Wife" anyway.

And since I'm here, let me apologize to Jordan Jordan. I thought you were British when I cracked on you going to bed. I didn't realize you were actually a high schooler. So you go ahead and do what you need to do to feel mature. It's better for you than drugs. Grow up and be a good supporter. Love you.

Reactions: TabascoDiva
I was not at the best vantage point for this game in 135 (I was looking for you FootyLovin ) , and trying to keep an eye on my boy. But from the defense I saw in the first half, mena looked strong and quick. He covered for the fullbacks as needed. Looks like a player. I admit he looked bad on the replays of their goals. Nice to see us attacking right at my seats for the second half. The Calle goal was awesome touch by iraola and by McNamara. Loved villas second goal, he created that out of nothing.
At one point pirlo was dribbling and the entire crowd was silent. It was pretty cool. Like everyone was in awe. Hope we win next week so we can stop worrying about getting into the playoffs and just try to start playing well. This could be an exciting few months.

I have no word in Spanish or English to say What a Terrorific game!
Our Capitan Villa was amazing. Finally he has someone (Pirlo)distributing the ball in midfield and Capitan Villa
was free to create and cause havoc with our opponents defense.
McNamara deserves praise too.

Last edited: