Nycfc V St Mirren

Ballouchy, Jacobson, Poku has the makings of a good base to the diamond. Hard to comment on the defence but I didn't think Brovsky looked up to much at full back, no pace. Lots of options up front.

I agree the defense was not fully tested so still out in the open how they will perform. I do still think we may need another defender or two.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I had to miss most of the game, but I did manage to see Villa's goal.

Was there anyone that you guys were impressed or disappointed in today?

Sounds like Velasquez and maybe Grabavoy turned some heads.

NoMeara?

Ballouchy, Jacobson, Poku has the makings of a good base to the diamond. Hard to comment on the defence but I didn't think Brovsky looked up to much at full back, no pace. Lots of options up front.
Hmm I watched bits and pieces as I was working. Just got off. The bits I saw jeb added great width on the right side and pushed the ball up.

Wow - did Williams really look that much better than Brovsky?

I really couldn't disagree more. I thought he looked fantastic in attack today - very active.
I thought Williams did more offensively. Brovsky looked out of position a few times on defense, and had at least two bad passes, and a heavy touch.

I had to miss most of the game, but I did manage to see Villa's goal.

Was there anyone that you guys were impressed or disappointed in today?

Sounds like Velasquez and maybe Grabavoy turned some heads.

NoMeara?
No Meara.

I was impressed with Taylor and Poku........and Shelton showed "ambition" (love those British announcers!)

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I don't think Brovsky played too bad, he didn't do too much but he provided width and was never really beat too badly on defense...

As for the team a great start, dominated a club from a respected league from start to finish. Was this their A team?

Reactions: franchise646
I don't think Brovsky played too bad, he didn't do too much but he provided width and was never really beat too badly on defense...

As for the team a great start, dominated a club from a respected league from start to finish. Was this their A team?

They added a lot of non regular players during the game, just like we did...

Hmm I watched bits and pieces as I was working. Just got off. The bits I saw jeb added great width on the right side and pushed the ball up.

Not too tricky to just hug the touchline in attack though is it? I don't think he'd have the legs to commit forward and be able to get back playing against a more adventurous side. Only 1 game though, there's plenty more opportunities before the season gets under way.

They added a lot of non regular players during the game, just like we did...
Yea thats expected, but I was referring to their 1st half line-up. I don't think either team fielded their best 11, but did St. Mirrens play the majority starters for the first half or were they back-ups?

Just got in from the match, was a great experience. Wasn't really expecting that much from the game, with it being the first ever game etc; but I was really surprised with the quality. Some of the passing moves were very good, there's a lot of potential there.
I was also impressed by Jacobson, but I'd disagree about Brovsky I thought he did ok. Mullins hold up play was great at times, Villa was just Villa! Shay Facey performed well and I think his loan in NYC could be very productive for both parties. On a funny note, Tony Taylor had his name sung by the fans on the terraces because " he had a name that sounded like he was from round here!". Finally, Nemec's hold up play was also good; I was very happy with the forward options.
Took some photos for all you fans across the pond; does anyone know the season ticket holder who made the trip across? Fair play to him! Enjoy!

2qw0o3n.jpg
- Flags on the standing terraces

96i2s2.jpg
- Merchandise stall.

hsrfd4.jpg
- Me with my new hat!

16jhjb6.jpg
- Saunders claps the fans.

5lccw5.jpg
- Team celebrate the first goal.

View My Video - Teams entering.

2ep27pv.jpg
- Finally, one for you CPScouse! Standing terraces!