Nycfc V Toronto Motm And Postgame

Kwame... I don't like calling for someones job but I can't take it. You've been given opportunity after opportunity to prove yourself. Opportunities you didn't deserve in the first place and you let us down time after time. You make mistakes that cost us goals every fucking time you see the field. Take pride in your work. I can't feel sorry for you anymore. You need to step up for yourself and your teamates and you haven't... maybe it's time to explore other opportunities. #Kwameout

Iraola looks promising. Dangerous going forward. He did have a couple pretty bad touches this game though that hurt us... Just gotta shake the rust off I guess.

Wingert is just SOOOO mediocre it's painful to watch. KWS not good.

Angelino is exciting to watch. Lots of potential there.

Most infuriating moment: Kwame thinking for a split-second about whether to commit to that challenge just before the second penalty, dropping off, and then apparently changing his mind and thinking "Fuck it, I'll just completely take him out instead". Appalling defending, up there with the worst I've seen at any professional level. Really he should have been off before HT.

Most promising moment: That beautiful first touch from Angelino off the chest, from a cross-field ball that should have been out of his reach. Then somehow managing to take it round his marker, before going down (theatrically) and winning us a free kick. This lad is absolute quality on the ball. Can't wait to see more of him.

Most exciting moment: Poku inexplicably willing his way through those defenders right at the death, and just failing to get a shot off. Feel like the place would have just erupted if he had scored, it was the first time I felt the entire stadium rise as one before that last chance.

Most adorable moment: The assistant ref holding up the board signalling that number 15 was coming off, causing Iraola (who has worn the #15 for the last decade) to wearily trot over to the sideline, before realising it was actually McNamara who was coming off. You wear #51 now, mate.

Best moment: When I get in the shower later.

MOTM: Giovinco, by far and away the best player I've seen this season. From a NYCFC perspective, I'd give it to either Mullins for his work rate, or Villa for his game-changing qualities, although neither player really lit up the game. Once Lampard and Pirlo get here, we are a central defender away from a very strong team indeed.

Most infuriating moment: Kwame thinking for a split-second about whether to commit to that challenge just before the second penalty, dropping off, and then apparently changing his mind and thinking "Fuck it, I'll just completely take him out instead". Appalling defending, up there with the worst I've seen at any professional level. Really he should have been off before HT.

Most promising moment: That beautiful first touch from Angelino off the chest, from a cross-field ball that should have been out of his reach. Then somehow managing to take it round his marker, before going down (theatrically) and winning us a free kick. This lad is absolute quality on the ball. Can't wait to see more of him.

Most exciting moment: Poku inexplicably willing his way through those defenders right at the death, and just failing to get a shot off. Feel like the place would have just erupted if he had scored, it was the first time I felt the entire stadium rise as one before that last chance.

Most adorable moment: The assistant ref holding up the board signalling that number 15 was coming off, causing Iraola (who has worn the #15 for the last decade) to wearily trot over to the sideline, before realising it was actually McNamara who was coming off. You wear #51 now, mate.

Best moment: When I get in the shower later.

MOTM: Giovinco, by far and away the best player I've seen this season. From a NYCFC perspective, I'd give it to either Mullins for his work rate, or Villa for his game-changing qualities, although neither player really lit up the game. Once Lampard and Pirlo get here, we are a central defender away from a very strong team indeed.
Brilliant little write up, friend. You hit the highs and lows but there is no acceptable argument for taking TMac off rather than Grabavoy. If you didn't think Kreis was a fucking idiot before that, you have to know that he is now. Fuck anyone who says otherwise. I personally call you out to a logic to death match. Here's my secret: you can't win because you're fucking wrong to defend hm.

Well that was an entertaining game. Pity we couldn't collect 3 points.

I think its clear that Kwame, Wingert, Ballouchy, and Grabavoy are not up to the required standard.

We are lacking that cool head in midfield who can put their foot on the ball and dictate the game. That should be solved once Pirlo and Lampard are fit to play. Then there will be less pressure on the defence.

Obviously our stand outs where Villa, Saunders and Angelino

Mullins, McNamara also put in a shift. I have no idea why McNamara was replaced when Grabavoy was invisible for the entire game.

I actually think McNamara is wasted as a wide player and would be better up front or central midfield. He has some nice skills, but does seem to lack a bit of fitness.

Nice to see Angelino look so confident. I can see this lad quickly becoming a favourite amongst the fans.
Saunders stood out in a game where he gave up 4 goals? No.

His defense did him no favors at all, but I can't call him a standout at all.

And this is a weird game to call out Grabavoy. The midfield wasn't the problem. We dominated the midfield today, but got absolutely destroyed down route one on the counter. I can't blame Ned for that - it's on Kwame.

Kwame could have scored two own goals off of kickoff and been subbed off, and still have had less of an impact than he actually had today. But this is what happens when you're an expansion side with only two healthy CBs on the roster.

Facey wasn't fantastic today either, but I can't blame him today.

Saunders stood out in a game where he gave up 4 goals? No.

His defense did him no favors at all, but I can't call him a standout at all.

And this is a weird game to call out Grabavoy. The midfield wasn't the problem. We dominated the midfield today, but got absolutely destroyed down route one on the counter. I can't blame Ned for that - it's on Kwame.

Kwame could have scored two own goals off of kickoff and been subbed off, and still have had less of an impact than he actually had today. But this is what happens when you're an expansion side with only two healthy CBs on the roster.

Facey wasn't fantastic today either, but I can't blame him today.
Grabavoy was a waste of a position. If you think thats okay, I know why you like Indiana. You guys can be polite to folks who try hard. Here in pro sports, trying hard ain't quite enough.

Reactions: Gavin23 and Mack
Can someone please explain to me why Kreis insists on keeping Grabavoy on the field for 90 minutes? Seriously, the guy did nothing positive for us today on either side of the ball. I have no problem with Poku coming on when he did, and in fact I thought he should have come on sooner. But taking McNamara off (who was our best midfielder today) and leaving Grabavoy on (who was absolutely invisible save for the times he was falling down) is a joke. Grabavoy is taking valuable minutes away from both Poku and TMac and that is just not acceptable in my book. There's simply no defending Kreis on his pro-Grabavoy stance.

Brilliant little write up, friend. You hit the highs and lows but there is no acceptable argument for taking TMac off rather than Grabavoy. If you didn't think Kreis was a fucking idiot before that, you have to know that he is now. Fuck anyone who says otherwise. I personally call you out to a logic to death match. Here's my secret: you can't win because you're fucking wrong to defend hm.
My grandpa takes a really fantastic blood pressure medicine. You might consider it.

Really, man, I scratched my head at the Tommy Mac sub, but Tommy gives us less from a defensive positioning standpoint than Ned does. Each CM on the bench is more of an attacker, so if you take Ned off, you are really top heavy. I didn't like it, but considering the fact that our only defending Midfielder, Jacobsen, is already on the pitch, who can you bring on who actually tracks back defensively?

(And if you tell me Poku, I will laugh.)

Reactions: franch and gbservis
Grabavoy was a waste of a position. If you think thats okay, I know why you like Indiana. You guys can be polite to folks who try hard. Here in pro sports, trying hard ain't quite enough.
Oh hose off, Midas. You're being ridiculous.

And sure, Hoosiers may smile and nod at you, but behind your dumb ass we'd be laughing our heads off. "Forgiving?" Come on, man. You need to relax.

Reactions: franch and Kjbert