Objectives for this team going forward this season

BossNYC

Registered
Apr 10, 2014
-More points than the worst 34 game season in MLS history (16 points)
-Do better than 2015 (37 points)
-Make the playoffs
-Win a playoff game
-Win MLS Cup
-Beat RBNJ
-Win USOC game
-Win USOC
-Qualify for CCL

Which will we achieve?

I think we will best the worst MLS record, our record last year and I think we will win at least one USOC game

Edit: Didn't see the beat RBNJ. I think we do that twice this year

Reactions: Ulrich
Yup, agree with Falastur Falastur. Start by playing some good football, build cohesion, work as a team, show some fucking effort and if we do all that, we should finish higher than last season.

Will finish better than last year, which will put us right on that playoff bubble - I think we'll make the playoffs, and that's all we should expect this year. Anything else is gravy.

Beating Jersey won't happen... Playoffs- For what?

I want some W's in the Open Cup!!

Objectives

-More balls played into the area and more SOG from the area

-Stick with the Pirlo/Bravo tandem

-Villa: kick the soccer ball into the net

-Have Saunders start several matches on the bench

Reactions: Jock and mgarbowski
At the very least, build something positive that can be carried over to next season. At least prove te point that Patrick Vieira can manage an adult club, or have him fired and replaced with someone who can. I would hate to be on our third manager in year 3, but right now I do not believe Vieira will take us anywhere. I'd hate to waste another season "giving him a chance" or "trying to keep stability." He needs to prove himself THIS season.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I'm pretty sure that someone said the same thing after we blew our 4 game home stand and were looking at 2 non-YS-postage-stamp-field games on the road.

Ah, the mental confusion/resilience of fans.
Why do I get the feeling you are already taking mental notes on posts to use for your 2017 Ghosts of Forum Past thread?

We will know a lot after these next two games.
Hopefully "a lot" will include the stadium location, the retirement of Lampard, and that Harrison lives up to his billing by scoring 3 goals in 10 minutes.

Reactions: Rimil
Hopefully "a lot" will include the stadium location, the retirement of Lampard, and that Harrison lives up to his billing by scoring 3 goals in 10 minutes.
That's all fine but you left out the Mix hat trick.

Reactions: SoupInNYC