Objectives for this team going forward this season

I was reluctant and thought everyone was just taking the easy way out by dumping on Saunders, but then I looked at the stats and I'm on board with it being EJ time. (I actually just posted on a related topic in a "Stats Central" thread! Good timing.)

Reactions: Goodfella
Ok, so is everyone on board with my "DC united: Suck in the league/Win the Open Cup" plan?

I'm so ready to do that, buddy. The train just hasn't quite arrived in the station yet, alas. TMac to Mix to Jack to the back of the net all through the second half of the season. Bring it on!
Are we ready to make him our Captain yet?

I think we need to take things one step at a time and not look too far ahead at this point. Playoffs of course are the ultimate goal, but looking at the schedule I think out priority objectives are:

(1) Get out first win at home that season
(2) Get our 2nd win of the season (both 1 and 2 can happen on Saturday and should have happened last night)
(3) Beat the Redbulls

If we can get these 3 things to happen, I think we'll be able to generate some momentum.

I think we need to take things one step at a time and not look too far ahead at this point. Playoffs of course are the ultimate goal, but looking at the schedule I think out priority objectives are:

(1) Get out first win at home that season
(2) Get our 2nd win of the season (both 1 and 2 can happen on Saturday and should have happened last night)
(3) Beat the Redbulls

If we can get these 3 things to happen, I think we'll be able to generate some momentum.
good short term objectives, agreed

Play 90 minutes without committing a blatant self-made mistake. If we lose then we lose but only because the other team outplayed us.

They did that on Wednesday. It was the time after 90 minutes that did us in.
True, true - technicalities.... but I'd even chalk up the Hernandez/Saunders hot potato passing as a self-inflicted mistake that has the real possibility of leading to a goal.

Reactions: FootyLovin