Official - 10,000 Seats Sold

If they recover with the nice away jersey and keep doing things right just like they had been 30k would be perfect.

Reactions: Kjbert
eh
If they recover with the nice away jersey and keep doing things right just like they had been 30k would be perfect.
theres other things you need to take into account....weather, other NY teams playing that same day who knows again that being said 22-25k would be ideal

As for a permanent home, Pernetti said there’s been no news to report, although he confirmed the only sites NYCFC is considering are within the five boroughs of New York City.

Reactions: CP_Scouse and Paul
As for a permanent home, Pernetti said there’s been no news to report, although he confirmed the only sites NYCFC is considering are within the five boroughs of New York City.

I think a team who's primary sponsor is an airline, would love the naming rights to a stadium one stop away from Howard Beach and the Air Train to JFK.

LOL

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I don't get it. I spoke with the bx president Ruben Diaz. I asked him why he wasn't pushing for a stadium along side yankee stadium. His reply was " we did try but it requires to many businesses to get up and move" he also stated that de Blasio decided on the matter and chose aqueduct. Now I'm all confused. Damn it

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I don't get it. I spoke with the bx president Ruben Diaz. I asked him why he wasn't pushing for a stadium along side yankee stadium. His reply was " we did try but it requires to many businesses to get up and move" he also stated that de Blasio decided on the matter and chose aqueduct. Now I'm all confused. Damn it
deblasio is a politician. bloomberg is a buisnness man. deblasio is an idiot. bloomberg has enough money to have a yearly salary of 1 cent. if bloomberg was here, we would have a team in brooklyn probly

That's pretty damning. Really should've tried to get the stadium deal done before bloomberg left office. Yet another reason to hate De Blasio.

I don't doubt the story about what Diaz said, and I can't stand DiBlasio, but I'm not taking what Diaz said at face value either. He wanted a stadium as an opportunity to force CFG to dole out lots of goodies to his patronage allies but he couldn't get the deal done, so he blames DiBlasio. Nobody is clean here, IMO. And I wouldn't take his statement about Aqueduct to mean that's a sure thing either.
Also, Bloomberg failed at getting a Jets stadium on the West Side of Manhattan and Barclays Center took several years longer than anticipated and was scaled down considerably from what he wanted. For all that, he is better than pretty much anybody in NY politics right now.

deblasio is a politician. bloomberg is a buisnness man. deblasio is an idiot. bloomberg has enough money to have a yearly salary of 1 cent. if bloomberg was here, we would have a team in brooklyn probly
I don't doubt the story about what Diaz said, and I can't stand DiBlasio, but I'm not taking what Diaz said at face value either. He wanted a stadium as an opportunity to force CFG to dole out lots of goodies to his patronage allies but he couldn't get the deal done, so he blames DiBlasio. Nobody is clean here, IMO. And I wouldn't take his statement about Aqueduct to mean that's a sure thing either.
Also, Bloomberg failed at getting a Jets stadium on the West Side of Manhattan and Barclays Center took several years longer than anticipated and was scaled down considerably from what he wanted. For all that, he is better than pretty much anybody in NY politics right now.
yea well that's also my point. As he's telling me this I'm thinking to myself well I heard the rumors but never comfirmed. We'll have to wait and see. Do you like the idea of aqueduct ?

Reactions: mgarbowski
yea well that's also my point. As he's telling me this I'm thinking to myself well I heard the rumors but never comfirmed. We'll have to wait and see. Do you like the idea of aqueduct ?
Actually he did have that vibe now that you mentioned it. Kinda like blame the mayor.

the aqueduct is a horrible idea. building anything there is just setting up to fail. no bars, 1 subway train, its right on the border of LI. id prefer field 40, somewhere in brooklyn across form manhattan or even the bronx.

Aqueduct works for me as I live a short ways north in Middle Village straight up Woodhaven Blvd. But I don't necessarily think it's convenient citywide. But then, nothing that could be a plausible site is, really.

the aqueduct is a horrible idea. building anything there is just setting up to fail. no bars, 1 subway train, its right on the border of LI. id prefer field 40, somewhere in brooklyn across form manhattan or even the bronx.
For some reason aqueduct doesn't feel like nyc to me. Im in the bx so I hope it stays here. There are really nice areas that they can utilize. I think trump bought up the land by the Whitestone bridge and is developing a golf course. Still lots of land by there. Throgs neck has countless bars.