Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got mine in the mail today. I'll be rocking it at the beach all weekend. Or at least once.

Zazzle was my choice due to shorter shipping time.
Got mine too a few days ago. The Am App shirt is perfectly soft. May not take it off this weekend.

As for the NPNP shirt, I went with the baby blue which looks great in real life as it is pretty close to the right color. (Was tempted to also add the orange with the black as a supplement for away games).

As for the NPNP shirt, I went with the baby blue which looks great in real life as it is pretty close to the right color. (Was tempted to also add the orange with the black as a supplement for away games).
Just ordered mine and I went with the baby blue

Reactions: JayH

I was going to go with the baby blue myself, but decided to stick with the traditional white, in large part because of color fears.

Reactions: JayH
What if they don't announce Pirlo, and just run him out on the field against Orlando...with all of us still going crazy about whether or not they are signing him.

How ridiculous, and yet somewhat awesome would that be. Could you imagine the reaction of the crowd at the game if that happened?

Breaking news: extremely reputable sources are reporting that NYCFC will surely introduce Pirlo today, or um maybe tomorrow, or ah could be the next day, trust them they have amazingly accurate information.

What if they don't announce Pirlo, and just run him out on the field against Orlando...with all of us still going crazy about whether or not they are signing him.

How ridiculous, and yet somewhat awesome would that be. Could you imagine the reaction of the crowd at the game if that happened?
Replace Stone Cold with Pirlo, WWE with NYCFC etc.

Breaking news: extremely reputable sources are reporting that NYCFC will surely introduce Pirlo today, or um maybe tomorrow, or ah could be the next day, trust them they have amazingly accurate information.

I'm gonna start a twitter account, post the same crap daily at midnight and eventually it will be true. Then I can say I was the first to report and be adored by NYCFC fans everywhere. I may even start a Podcast, but don't know if I'll have time now that I'll be all official and "in the know".

We've learned one thing from this month-long PirloWatch... that the soccer media, and all their sources, don't know shit. Seriously. Who the fuck are these people, and where are they getting their info from? Everyday we read that he's going to sign the next week, or next day, or he's not signing, no chance, or he is now signing, or that Juve sent over the contract, or that his kids enrolled in NYC schools.

I've followed the rumor mill for baseball for a long time, and they are much more accurate with this stuff. The soccer media is all over the place.

I'm gonna start a twitter account, post the same crap daily at midnight and eventually it will be true. Then I can say I was the first to report and be adored by NYCFC fans everywhere. I may even start a Podcast, but don't know if I'll have time now that I'll be all official and "in the know".

I like your plan. Things you must do:
1. Reference some type of vague NYCFC connection, using phrases like my guy in the front office or alluding to the fact that you could possibly be getting info because you may or may not be present a practices from time to time.
2. Report on all things uttered by broadcasters during play by play or half time shows that are even marginally related to the player.
4. Report the announcement date with 100% certainty based on totally peripheral things like website changes and merchandise availability
3. Most importantly, you must quote the same 2-3 source articles over and over in vague terms to make them sound like new information no matter how old they are.

The roster page and the Pirlo jersey-shirt are no mistake and certainly weren't a hack. No one cares that much to do that. It's just about patience at this point.

Reactions: Kjbert
The roster page and the Pirlo jersey-shirt are no mistake and certainly weren't a hack. No one cares that much to do that. It's just about patience at this point.

I agree I don't doubt it's coming and those things are real. I am more commenting the people who use those things to make definitive proclamations about what the signing will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.