Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, back to reality, I was wondering if Kreis might go after a MLS Defensive mid before the season starts. There's this Honduran midfielder in Dallas that might work out. Out of favor Hendry Thomas. He was hurt last year, and doesn't seem to be anything but a backup this year.

Anyone else familiar with him? Do we expect any more changes before the summer?

So, back to reality, I was wondering if Kreis might go after a MLS Defensive mid before the season starts. There's this Honduran midfielder in Dallas that might work out. Out of favor Hendry Thomas. He was hurt last year, and doesn't seem to be anything but a backup this year.

You are not ok with the depth of Jacobsen, poku and dunn?

What could you say about NYCFC squad? Did the team perform good in those two friendlies?

In my opinion, the next step is to sign ex-City players, including club-growns, like Wright-Phillips brothers, Barton, Richard Dunne, etc, on a non-DP. What do you think about it? Probably Damarcus Beasley, he was amazing in Brazil, but also has a dp-contract so it'd be hard to sign him now.

Most of MLS clubs (if not all) have proper players with non-designated contracts, while we only have ex-LA Saunders and a couple of experienced MLS rejects (and a couple of foreign prospects, that's all, almostly no proper american or proper MLS-experienced players), correct me if I'm wrong. Toronto impress with Cheyrou and Perquis joining them. I can't name a class american player who could join us as a non-dp, except, probably (absolutely not sure), Onyewu (Above-mentioned Wright-Phillips and Beasley, Zusi, Beckerman, Besler, Jones, etc, all are DP). Could you? If not, then do we have to wait with it and use the players that we have at the moment? With probably signing a DP and, what would be perfect, a couple of proper foreign players?

Yes, for the most part, NYCFC performed well in the friendlies so far. A great performance against a lesser SPL team and a loss to a CL bound team, so yes, a decent 1st two friendlies.

MLS rejects? What? I see that you joined today, which I can only assume, from the asinine comments, means you also started watching MLS this week. Several of these players have won MLS Cups, 2 of them with Kreis as their manager. 2 of them were the runner ups last year in the Cup final, one of which scored his team's lone goal.

Also, while I'm at it:
  • Onyewu is an over the hill broken shell of a player who would not even last in MLS anymore let alone be a DP.
  • Beckerman is not a DP
  • You name Cheyrou, a very old player and Perquis, who by all accounts failed in Europe after a promising start.
  • Doesn't Mix meet your class american who is not a DP?
NYC has one DP left to sign. They will wait until the summer. Hopefully its a player that will help and not be broken-on-arrival.

Thanks for the answer.

We got them on draft, didn't we? I'm sorry, of course, MLS word was wrong, I meant their club's. And my another mistake (fooled a bit), I meant that we have a couple of players who are believed to be not bad, like this norwegian-born player, WIngert or Grabovoy. I think we must have some proper impact players with some experience to suceed, preferebly americans, what, I hope, will come with time. Assuming NYCFC is a new club, it's OK, but such player or even two would rate us higher and have much more chances for play-offs

Didn't know about Beckerman. However, I doubt we could get him.
I've started to watch MLS a couple of years ago but watched less than half of league teams and did it rarely. With City's brother-club starting its MLS history, it's a reason to "fix" it :)

I think Cheyrou and Perquis will add a lot to Toronto, they're quality players for MLS. Time will tell who's right.

What do you think about ex-Cityzens at NYCFC? Is it real to get them to New York?

What positions do we need to strengthen?

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer.

We got them on draft, didn't we? I'm sorry, of course, MLS word was wrong, I meant their club's. And my another mistake (fooled a bit), I meant that we have a couple of players who are believed to be not bad, like this norwegian-born player, WIngert or Grabovoy. I think we must have some proper impact players with some experience to suceed, preferebly americans, what, I hope, will come with time. Assuming NYCFC is a new club, it's OK, but such player or even two would rate us higher and have much more chances for play-offs

Didn't know about Beckerman. However, I doubt we could get him.
I've started to watch MLS a couple of years ago but watched less than half of league teams and did it rarely. With City's brother-club starting its MLS history, it's a reason to "fix" it :)

I think Cheyrou and Perquis will add a lot to Toronto, they're quality players for MLS. Time will tell who's right.

What do you think about ex-Cityzens at NYCFC? Is it real to get them to New York?

What positions do we need to strengthen?
Facey and Johansen may come in and strengthen positions of need

Reactions: JayH
According to the usual rags, looks like De Jong will move to Man U this summer. Take that for what it is worth, but worth mentioning as he has been discussed on here (rightfully) as a potential summer target.

According to the usual rags, looks like De Jong will move to Man U this summer. Take that for what it is worth, but worth mentioning as he has been discussed on here (rightfully) as a potential summer target.
Best news ever. I don't want tha dirty fuck any where near that many USMNT players.

Adding one more to that dm spot wouldn't hurt. I think it depends how comfortable kreis is with jacobson and poku. Thomas isn't a bad shout. He also doesn't count as a foreign player. Around a 180,000 cap hit isn't horrible either.

id wait till the summer and grab a guy like Rodolph Austin from leeds.

Last edited:
Any reports in America about Vidic? He's fallen out with Mancini at Inter and unlikely to feature for them again this season. He could be a potential candidate for the final DP slot. Personally I think he would be best avoided as I'd question his motivation, plus his ability has severely declined following a couple of big, unfortunate injuries. Just thought I'd put this out there, although I'll make it clear this is pure conjecture on my part.

Argentina has some really good, cheap players right now. Im shocked we haven't hit up that market.

I'd go after a guy like this; Leandro Navarro.

The reason we haven't "hit up that market" is because the players in that league are predominantly domestic, and young Argentinians are hardly going to leave their home country, to come to a poorer league, unless they're going get paid a lot more money (which they won't).

Reactions: Kjbert
The reason we haven't "hit up that market" is because the players in that league are predominantly domestic, and young Argentinians are hardly going to leave their home country, to come to a poorer league, unless they're going get paid a lot more money (which they won't).
Several new signings in MLS would disagree with you.

I think it depends on what Argentinian team they are playing for. If its a Boca/River/ San loranzo type team then maybe they wont come. But if its a player from smaller teams they may come, some of the teams need the money and some may have trouble of paying their players

it would be great if we could find a guy like Giovinco - out of favor - maybe someone that we would overpay (already overpaying Lampard) - but someone who was younger who could be an impact player for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.