Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather have Howard then Hart. But don't want a GK DP either way. And especially now the was Saunders is playing.

Hey, Saunders is playing above his level and stopping shots. But don't get it twisted. He's not a good keeper. His distribution and kicking is laughably bad. Awful footwork. Even worse positioning.

He makes every ball into the box an adventure.

He has been good stopping shots. He's a bad keeper. These are not contradictory thoughts.

That said, I agree with your post. I just don't want people to think Saunders is an acceptable level of keeper. He is not. There is a reason we had to loan him to NaUpdsmwbncaapl last year.

Last edited:
Hey, Saunders is playing above his level and stopping shots. But don't get it twisted. He's not a good keeper. His distribution and kicking is laughably bad. Awful footwork. Even worse positioning.

He makes every ball into the box and adventure.

He has been good stopping shots. He's a bad keeper. These are not contradictory thoughts.

That said, I agree with your post. I just don't want people to think Saunders is an acceptable level of keeper. He is not. There is a reason we had to loan him to NaUpdsmwbncaapl last year.

I agree, but he's how do they say in baseball "above replacement level" for MLS. I'd rather be using our DP spot on a midfielder, or backline if you twist my arm. GK can be filled a plethora of other ways.

@MLSTransfers: Source: Salomon Kalou open to MLS move. #NYCFC said to be a possible destination that interests him.
I would still much rather improve our team elsewhere, but he's a really good player, and he's 29 which is younger than 99% of the players linked to us.

Reactions: The Toe
I would still much rather improve our team elsewhere, but he's a really good player, and he's 29 which is younger than 99% of the players linked to us.
That's the big thing about it. 29 is prime for most players. A guy a year or two removed from playing regularly at Chelsea, and still has remarkable ball skills. Sign him up.

That's the big thing about it. 29 is prime for most players. A guy a year or two removed from playing regularly at Chelsea, and still has remarkable ball skills. Sign him up.
I really like Kalou as a player and I think he'd succeed in MLS, I just still would rather improve defensively.

Apparently he has family that lives in NYC, and @MLSTransfers is a pretty reliable source.

He moved for about $2 million last summer, and didn't have a great year, even though he still has 2 years left on his contract, I could see this deal potentially happening.

If Kalou shows the same work ethic that he did at Chelsea here, he could be a star in the league.

Gomez has been better this year and I could see Fioretina letting him go to get his salary off their books. But I'd be worried about injuries. We already have enough of those.

His hair is impeccable however.

Reactions: NickA
Status
Not open for further replies.