Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I request a rumor for a player under 30 years of age?

I hear there is a talented young American lad with massive amounts of potential looking for a new club. He's been called the "new Pele", is familiar with the MLS, and is touted to break into the National team again soon. Could be just what we're looking for and rumours are we are in talks.

Then again, it could be much Adu about nothing.

Kansas City or New York City, I mean it's not that hard of a choice.
As far as us being linked to any 30+ year old free agent, I'm pretty sure that's journos/blogs/agents making up a lot of it to increase traffic and raise interest.

Adu can't stick anywhere

Indeed. I feel somewhat sorry for the lad. Awhile ago a read a fairly interesting article about him entitled "The Curious Case of Freddy Adu" which analysed his somewhat "reverse" career. There are quite a few English, Spanish, German, and Brasilian players that had similar experiences. Just the nature of the hype beast, unfortunately.

I would have to imagine that almost every club could benefit both from the name recognition Jones has earned in this tournament even before we start discussing what he could bring on the field.

Indeed. I think he could find his level in the MLS and be a very good player for NYCFC.

I still agree with you that it would be helpful to have a home born American player as the face of the club, though. Jones doesn't fill that role, really.

Gilardino still being linked with no real change in story but quotes appear new...

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/rumored-gilardino-mulling-26884/

Now I'm not as anti-China as Donald Trump but why would anyone in the Western World consider moving there ahead of New York? Not for racial reasons in the slightest but rather the massive culture differences and greater freedom emphasis. Its not like he wouldn't be well compensated in NYC.

Gilardino still being linked with no real change in story but quotes appear new...

Now I'm not as anti-China as Donald Trump but why would anyone in the Western World consider moving there ahead of New York? Not for racial reasons in the slightest but rather the massive culture differences and greater freedom emphasis. Its not like he wouldn't be well compensated in NYC.

wouldn't be surprised if new york backed out of the deal for gilardino and are putting all their chips in for xavi and lampard.

Yeah, but the thing is that Chinese teams are willing to pay their star players rates to match the highest salaries in Europe, if they can get a real world-class name. NYCFC won't be offering wages that high.

Adu can't stick anywhere
ADU PLAYS FOR STABAEK IN FRIENDLY MATCH
Freddy-Adu-Bahia-Getty-Images-600x400.jpg

1) You proved my point that he can't stick anywhere. They signed him randomly as a favor

2) I am now convinced, having seen that picture, that he is really 37 years old.

I think Jones ends up in LA with the Galaxy and Omar Gonzales ends up in Mexico.

Indeed. I think he could find his level in the MLS and be a very good player for NYCFC.

I still agree with you that it would be helpful to have a home born American player as the face of the club, though. Jones doesn't fill that role, really.
I really don't like the damning with faint praise. The guy started for damn near a decade for a perennial Champions League club. It's not like he struggled to ever get a game.

He'd waltz into the starting lineup tomorrow for more than half of the EPL, at 32 years old no less.

Hell, he had first team DFB call ups prior to switching (not saying he'd have ever made their cup team, but come on Bastie, his level is good enough for any league in the world).

I really don't like the damning with faint praise. The guy started for damn near a decade for a perennial Champions League club. It's not like he struggled to ever get a game.

He'd waltz into the starting lineup tomorrow for more than half of the EPL, at 32 years old no less.

Hell, he had first team DFB call ups prior to switching (not saying he'd have ever made their cup team, but come on Bastie, his level is good enough for any league in the world).
My comment really wasn't meant to damn and the meaning was that he would find his level to dominate matches, which I don't think anyone watching any of the top leagues in the world would assert he has or would otherwise. There are very good younger defensive/central midfielders in those leagues (even in some of the bottom table clubs) that would give him quite a bit of competition.

I just don't think he would waltz into as many starting squads as you believe but as I've already shared why I think that (based on what I consider to be a fairly current reliable eye-witness assessment—not one based on even three or four years ago) I'll just agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back