Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the club spokesperson responded with "no comment." That's a more telling sign than silence. If it didn't have real legs, they would have denied it. It must simply not be finalized yet, but in the works.

Unless they're trying to use NYCFC's name to provoke other interested teams into rushing out with a high bid in order to secure a player who actually never had an offer in the first place?

That actually crossed my mind as a possibility when this rumor first started. All the talk has been pretty one-sided (player and current club).

My only thing is why NYCFC? It could have been any other club in the world and with NYCFC already having 2 DPs I doubt that he would be signing on as a 3rd one. And that would be the only way they would get a relatively significant offer from us, isn't it?

Because NYCFC is not a European club, but is backed by big money and can still be a name-drop of international proportions. If you say that a big European team is interested in a player, or even a middle-rank team such as Stoke, or Lille, or Getafe, then every local team back in South America is going to know that they have no chance to match the wages and the European football and that the player is already gone. NYCFC is not going to be signing him as a DP, which throws out the very real chance that we could be outbid for his services, and with all due respect MLS is not yet quite at the level where a player offered a low wage to play there is going to absolutely consider it a far better alternative than receiving a far higher wage to stay in the same league. Also, NYCFC's links to CFG mean that the article will get far more coverage than just claiming that someone like Boca Juniors or Sao Paulo are interested.

Of course, it could still be a genuine truth. I'm not discounting that theory, I've just learned to be very sceptical of stories like this which come out of left-field.

Dude, no need to be sceptical. Over here, antibiotics are like dental work: readily available.

Reactions: BxLio91
Soo there's roomers on Twitter that we're going after Podolski since Arsenal are open to selling him. Here's the source.
http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/podolski/er-verlaesst-arsenal-auf-jeden-fall-37368976.bild.html
USA?
Auch möglich. Ein Angebot von jenseits des Atlantiks liegt vor. Die amerikanische Liga rüstet personell auf. Der neue Klub New York City FC hat gerade Chelsea-Idol Frank Lampard geholt.
Und Red Bull New York investiert auch weiter in Stars (dort spielt u. a. Thierry Henry). Poldi nach New York. Das wäre, was die Bedeutung der Stadt angeht, keine Verschlechterung gegenüber London .
Which Google translates to
USA?
Also possible. An offer from across the Atlantic is available. The American League upgraded to personnel. The new club New York City FC has just brought Chelsea idol Frank Lampard.
And Red Bull New York also invested further in Stars (there including playing Thierry Henry ). Poldi to New York. That would be in terms of the importance of the city, no deterioration from London
So from what I'm getting, I can't tell if we're actually going after him, if an offer came from MLS and they're assuming it's from us since we're that American club that's "going after everyone" or if it's agent BS to get better offers.
I feel like we'd have wayyy better chances to get a name around 30ish if we had a SSS.

I bet its agent BS. He plays on the same side as Villa so it makes no sense for NYCFC to make him their 3rd DP

I bet its agent BS. He plays on the same side as Villa so it makes no sense for NYCFC to make him their 3rd DP
Isn't he better as a second striker though?

I also think it is bs, but I thought his best performances have been more "playing in the hole" than as a winger. Then again, I may be way off. I think he's a good player, but I certainly haven't followed his career closely enough to have a very strong opinion.

I do know that bastard kills me in FUT with his long shot trait whenever I come up against a team with him.

At least 50% of my player evaluations come from FIFA. I think that's the case for the entire world, but at least I'll admit it. :/

Could Villa play out wide as a left-winger and Podolski play as the lone up-top striker in a 4-3-3?

But I agree with Roy, sounds like agent crap.

I'm convinced that Villa is a LW. Especially now that it sounds like Nacho is definitely in the fold.

Up top you would have Villa - Nacho - RW
with LM - Lampard - RM

So hopefully we go out and get a RW

Was responding to DRoy and Midas. Poldi is better centrally from what I remember.
I'm confused. Are you agreeing with me that an advanced central role is best for Podolski?

Again, I think it's either BS (or RBNY, based on my own random guess earlier and backed up by Twellman/Lalas/Healy on the deuce today) . Doubt it is us.

I'm confused. Are you agreeing with me that an advanced central role is best for Podolski?

Again, I think it's either BS (or RBNY, based on my own random guess earlier and backed up by Twellman/Lalas/Healy on the deuce today) . Doubt it is us.
Yes I am. Advanced central role is best.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Yes I am. Advanced central role is best.
I just figured out what you meant in your other post. You were saying that yes, he indeed played in the middle before Arsenal.

I only recalled it because I found it a bit odd at the time that they were going to use him out there. He's not particularly fast, great at passing or extremely tricky with the ball. He's fine with all of it, but he seems to be most dangerous when he can make secondary runs and unleash thunderbolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.