Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else I hope the CBA changes in "domestic" players. At the very least make Americans and Canadians equal. Maybe even Mexicans or all CONCACAF
Read something that it had to do with US labor laws or something.

Reactions: Kjbert
i cant remember if this was brought up already, but would anyone want shaun wright phillips as a non DP?

His brother is in fine form for nyrb, perhaps shaun can get back in form here as well. I think it is possible to get him as non DP, he isn't exactly lighting it up at the moment, he has a connection with man city, and he might want to play with Lampard.

Personally, id take him. If we go with the 4-3-3 a combo of him villa and iheanacho up top would be sweet. With Lampard another midfield DP and jacobson or someone else in the middle, would be an awesome team to start our first season with.

I'd take SWP as Non-DP. Would make for a great story line in the first derby if RB is able to hang onto BWP.

I'm not so sure about SWP. The man is getting old(er) and he hasn't really stood out in any way since he left Man City. He only played 13 matches for QPR last year as well, where he didn't score or get a single assist. So far this year he's only played in a cup tie vs Burton.

(I realize you're talking about Non-DP, but still)

think we could find someone better out there, even though it would be cool to have the Wright-Phillips brothers in each NY team.

Last edited:
If NYCFC doesn't get Mix this is a good idea.

NYCFC will be on the top of the allocation list as well right? Which means that even if klejstan does not want to be here and would prefer to go to LA, LA would need to trade with us in order to make that happen. He was really close to going to LA, but the Crew were at the top due to them not using their spot on Diskerud. Im guessing Klejstan wasn't thrilled about living in Ohio, so he decided to wait till next season.

Also, Klejstan is pretty familiar with the area, he went to Seton Hall in Nj. It is plausible the more I think about it. However, he would eat a good chunk of salary...perhaps even more than a player like shaun-wright phillips would.

If I had to take a stab at it, id say Klejstan's salary would be 290 k. However, Klejstan, Lamps and Jacobson wouldn't be too shabby and it could allow us to use another DP up top....perhaps Podolski.

Reactions: MagnusPax
Not sure what kind of trade would NYC make with LA to give up top allocation. Most likely LA will have a top 5 result this year so they will have allocation #17ish. NYC doesn't want that. Rights to Donovan when he comes back?

Reactions: Kjbert
Not sure what kind of trade would NYC make with LA to give up top allocation. Most likely LA will have a top 5 result this year so they will have allocation #17ish. NYC doesn't want that. Rights to Donovan when he comes back?

nah even if he would come back I wouldn't go for him. He isn't the biggest fan of new york. He hates the weather. If we have to, we keep sacha klejstan hostage and force a trade for juninho and a second round draft pick.

nah even if he would come back I wouldn't go for him. He isn't the biggest fan of new york. He hates the weather. If we have to, we keep sacha klejstan hostage and force a trade for juninho and a second round draft pick.
Perhaps that might be acceptable. If LA goes for it, which I doubt. Juninho might have a green card now though...

true. Well with kreis selecting the number one spot in allocation, I sure hope he is planning for a diskerud or klejstan swoop at a non dp price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.