Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a guy that could use a change of scenery but he has behavior issues. Maybe Villa could mentor him?
Unlike Agudelo, Salgado will probably be available for free in the Expansion draft, cost much, much less and might have more upside. On the hand, he is not a proven commodity and might turn into a Adu-like bust.

one thing I have seen in this league, is how beneficial a change of scenery can be for players. Look at wondolowski, magee, and a bunch of other dudes who swapped teams and went into way better form. So I wouldn't be opposed to salgado coming here at all.

The Italian media are linking Borriello with NYCFC again. His contract with Roma expires in June. But they'd likely give him away for nothing because they just want his salary off their books at this point.

Not a huge name like Villa or Lampard, but I think he'd do very well in MLS.

The Italian media are linking Borriello with NYCFC again. His contract with Roma expires in June. But they'd likely give him away for nothing because they just want his salary off their books at this point.

Not a huge name like Villa or Lampard, but I think he'd do very well in MLS.
#3 DP? Worth it?

#3 DP? Worth it?
I think he's definitely of DP quality. But I'm not sure whether it's smart to use two of the three DP's on strikers. But one thing is for certain. NYCFC would dominate the guidette market with him in the team ;)
242c8b5192cfbe6a56d777bddaaffea8.jpg

Only thing is that he's only one year into a four-year contract, meaning it would cost a few million to buy him. Not by any means outside of the club or the league's means, but it might be a factor.

Reactions: Kjbert
The league paid around 10 million for Bradley. So I don't see why they wouldn't be willing to pay something similar for Altidore as well. I'm not really a fan of Jozy, but he would be a huge signing.

Jozy would be a perfect compliment to villa.

Strongly agree with Blue Warrior. The muscle & size of Jozy paired with the Villa's sniper shots & feel around the goal, would be awesome.

Plus, Jozy gets to come home to the tri-state.

May I ask a formation question? Assuming the Nacho info from last week is false, can Villa, Nacho and Jozy all play together? Would you play a 4-4-2 with Jozy and Nacho up top. Villa as a LW/LM and play a diamond MF I guess with Lampard running the show and Brovsky as a CDM? Could Villa do that? We would be weak defensively in that alignment.

BTW, this is all lining up perfectly for Jozy to NYCFC. I understand that Villa and Lampard are better players, but when you talk about an expansion franchise and having the face of your franchise...this is the guy.

If Sunderland paid $13 Million for him - what would it cost to buy him now? $8 million? And who pays it? Split between MLS and CFG? Would CFG even buy a player? Everything so far has been frees and trades.

after the US game I'm pretty sold on Diskerud, and I'm sure Kreis went to that game so he probably got a good look at him

Didn't see Kreis but I bumped into Pernetti. Literally. Well built guy. Cute kids.

And I am also sold on Diskerud. But at this point, where does he fit? Do you think he and Lampard are redundant or would Mix play more of a box to box role?

Didn't see Kreis but I bumped into Pernetti. Literally. Well built guy. Cute kids.

And I am also sold on Diskerud. But at this point, where does he fit? Do you think he and Lampard are redundant or would Mix play more of a box to box role?
I would play Mix box to box and have Frank ahead of him. We would need a really good DM for this though, they'll have to do a lot of tracking back.

I would play Mix box to box and have Frank ahead of him. We would need a really good DM for this though, they'll have to do a lot of tracking back.

D_RoyJenkins D_RoyJenkins What is your formation then?

3-5-2? 4-1-4-1?

See what I'm getting at? I don't see Mix or Frank playing wide so to speak. Maybe Mix could but that would probably limit his creativity.

D_RoyJenkins D_RoyJenkins by the way - I agree that Mix would be a box-to-box type like Bradley. Just don't see the fit on this team the way it is currently rounding out.

There is no reason not to sign Mix seeing as his contract expires in three months. And formation wise I could see a 4231 with Diskerud in the hole and Lampard in the double pivot. Of course like others have said, we will need a hell of a defensive midfielder however.

Status
Not open for further replies.