Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bedoya would be nice. Go 4-2-3-1 with Lampard in the #8, Villa out wide left, Mix at the top of the midfield and Bedoya wide right. Mullins plays the lone target.

So much of the formation depends on the player...or vice versa.
Villa out wide? I really think he'll do better as a striker! He's awesome as a winger too, but when he played as striker in Valencia he was just magnificent! <3

I'm fine with waiting until summer to sign a 3rd DP. Would open the doors for a lot of other players and we could possibly land someone on a free transfer rather than having to buy

News on ESPNFC says that Samuel Eto'o is looking for a new club and is open to a move to the US. Its reported that the Seattle Sounders were interested but just couldn't accommodate him because of their lack of a DP slot. What are your thoughts on NYCFC possibly grabbing him?

Pros: Amazing athelete, great technical ability, clinical finisher, ex-Barcelona player (which means he would fit in well with the style of football we are wanting to play here.), would be a great partner with Villa up front, and former teammates with Frank Lampard.

Cons: His salary might be a little high and he is 33 years old already

Last edited:
Love the guy but idk how committed he'd be and how long he'd stay. Plus wouldn't we have to pay a transfer fee?

News on ESPNFC says that SAmul Eto'o is looking for a new club and is open to a movery to the US. It reported that the Seattle Sounders were interested but just couldn't accommodate him because of their lack of a DP slot. What are your thoughts on NYCFC possibly grabbing him?
As good as Eto'o is, I really cannot imagine Seattle fitting him into their system. I could definitely see him working with ours, Orlando's or Columbus' -- I don't see the former highest paid player in the world going to Columbus though. It would be fun seeing him with paired with Villa and getting supplied by Lamps and Mix...

Reactions: Kjbert
News on ESPNFC says that SAmul Eto'o is looking for a new club and is open to a movery to the US. It reported that the Seattle Sounders were interested but just couldn't accommodate him because of their lack of a DP slot. What are your thoughts on NYCFC possibly grabbing him?

That ESPNFC article is crap. It has multiple paragraphs on the possibility of Eto'o going to the Cosmos. The Sampdoria rumors have stuck around long enough to seem possible. I'd say we're more likely to see him in Italy than here.

And yes BxLio91 BxLio91 I can't imagine Martinez letting him go on a free after just picking him up this summer. I really can't see a team in MLS where Eto'o would fit and that would also be able to get him in under the cap.

That ESPNFC article is crap. It has multiple paragraphs on the possibility of Eto'o going to the Cosmos. The Sampdoria rumors have stuck around long enough to seem possible. I'd say we're more likely to see him in Italy than here.

And yes BxLio91 BxLio91 I can't imagine Martinez letting him go on a free after just picking him up this summer. I really can't see a team in MLS where Eto'o would fit and that would also be able to get him in under the cap.
There's gotta be a cosmos fan boy there. They're probably blowing the bank on Raul, they wouldn't pay for Sammy.

I have to agree with you on all that. In all reality, we are the only team that really has a true shot at making a transfer for him happen if we wanted. One of the few advantages of having "the mothership" being so involved in our day to day business is that they have the cash and pull to have what they want become a reality

Transfrmarkt.Com have his transfer fee worth around 7 mil Euros. I don't know how feasible that is for us and the MLS though

The guy can still play. I'd rather go in for someone a bit younger, but if you wanted to make a run this year specifically, he might be the guy that could slot in perfectly.

If he was committed to the cause, he and Villa could wreak havoc. Old guy has an eye for goal.

If we assume 4 DPs, it's got to be a striker and a holding mid. If only one, I may lean toward dmid. We will get a few goals from midfield and Mullins is no slouch. Let's not forget he kept Davies on the bench a long while. He's not going to put up 2014 BWP goal numbers, but he won't miss sitters like him either. I'll be shocked if BWP scores more than 15, and not surprised at all if it's more like 10.

Mullins will give us a goal every 250mins I bet. Same for Mix.

Everton fan here. I've liked what Eto'o has done this year. Big fan of him as a player and person. Still super talented. If he joined tomorrow, he's our best player. Sorry David Villa.

Reactions: USAfan6
Everton fan here. I've liked what Eto'o has done this year. Big fan of him as a player and person. Still super talented. If he joined tomorrow, he's our best player. Sorry David Villa.

I haven't been wowed by him at Everton except for during the first games this season. Those first few he was magical in the way he moved the ball around under pressure, but the moments of brilliance have become rarer as the season goes on. Part of it is him being played out of position, but I think the bigger issue is morale. Eto'o is obviously not happy with Martinez and it shows in the effort he gives on the pitch. That's also clearly why there is any consideration of a transfer so soon after the signing. That said, I definitely agree that he still has a lot to offer if he winds up with a club that he actually wants to play hard for.

Status
Not open for further replies.