Official Vent Thread

Sometimes I read posts and regardless of font color or size, I feel as though they are written in crayon.

I don't like reading crayon writing. /rant

Reactions: Mario and Lasker
i sure feel sorry for those who live their lives in a permanent state of # 2 pencils . just like said pencils when they think they're sharp they end up breaking then become dull !

Reactions: Lasker
giphy.gif

Sometimes I read posts and regardless of font color or size, I feel as though they are written in crayon.

I don't like reading crayon writing. /rant

i sure feel sorry for those who live their lives in a permanent state of # 2 pencils . just like said pencils when they think they're sharp they end up breaking then become dull !

Holy shit this place delivers sometimes.

Is the Au Pair teaching German to kids?......and im getting a vibe you might be fancy.

Is it better than hiring local nanny?

We actually just switched from regular nanny to a live in for cost reasons. We are in first week, but it is all good so far. No particular reason to go with a German; just the best candidate. We will work on giving the kids a few phrases.

ETA: If you saw the chaos in our 2,000 s.f. brownstone full of 7 people, you would realize there is very little fanciness left.

We actually just switched from regular nanny to a live in for cost reasons. We are in first week, but it is all good so far. No particular reason to go with a German; just the best candidate. We will work on giving the kids a few phrases.

ETA: If you saw the chaos in our 2,000 s.f. brownstone full of 7 people, you would realize there is very little fanciness left.

My fiance and me were discussing about the future (kids). Is the process of getting an au pair complicated like visas and stuff. Is this your first au pair?

My fiance and me were discussing about the future (kids). Is the process of getting an au pair complicated like visas and stuff. Is this your first au pair?
There are agencies that handle all of it.

My advice to you is to go work an older au pair rather than a younger one. The younger ones, in my experience, are sometimes too enamored with NYC. The foreign agencies coach them very well on how to answer your questions, so not always easy to judge.

Reactions: Victors87

There are agencies that handle all of it.

My advice to you is to go work an older au pair rather than a younger one. The younger ones, in my experience, are sometimes too enamored with NYC. The foreign agencies coach them very well on how to answer your questions, so not always easy to judge.

Yes, there are agencies that help you connect with an au pair, handle getting them into the states, pay the taxes, etc. You pay them a few thousand and then pay the au pair weekly. Cheaper than an outside nanny, which is what we used for almost 10 years. You can see profiles and then set up interviews on Skype. Once your au pair gets into the U.S. she will get training for a few days, and then you go somewhere to pick them up.

#organictomatoes

Sure. That's A reason to get an old one. Probably not the first one for everyone.

Yes, there are agencies that help you connect with an au pair, handle getting them into the states, pay the taxes, etc. You pay them a few thousand and then pay the au pair weekly. Cheaper than an outside nanny, which is what we used for almost 10 years. You can see profiles and then set up interviews on Skype. Once your au pair gets into the U.S. she will get training for a few days, and then you go somewhere to pick them up.

#organictomatoes
Can you rank the general hotness of the au pairs by country? asking for a friend.