Orlando Postmatch

It was hilarious being in the stands when they took Kaka off.. All the Orlando fans 'why are they taking him off!?' My parents 'We forgot he was even in the game.' Our midfield shut him down all game. So many times after he got rid of the ball (backwards) he'd look at the forwards and other kids with his hands raised asking where's the help.
Then minutes after being subbed off there's a penalty and Larin misses. Everyone, 'if kaka was still in....' Lol

Love this goal, Ring burst through the middle there knowing where he was going to go the second he got the ball and White committed and made a long run which paid off. Beautiful.

We were talking about performances and they were impressed with Jack and Maxi and then asked about #8 and said he was a great played, agreed lol. We looked so much better it wasn't even funny.

Love that goal. From a throw in, Ring makes a beautiful run and pass to Harrison to White to Wallace.

I watched the replay of the the Villa goal. It's also great. RJ interception pass to Ring to RJ to Villa to Maxi to Villa. Great work up the field.

Reactions: Paul
It was hilarious being in the stands when they took Kaka off.. All the Orlando fans 'why are they taking him off!?' My parents 'We forgot he was even in the game.' Our midfield shut him down all game. So many times after he got rid of the ball (backwards) he'd look at the forwards and other kids with his hands raised asking where's the help.

I was impressed with how aggressively both Mikey and Ring went after Kaka. Both had strong hard challenges on him early. It sent a clear message that neither of them cared who he was and that they would be coming for him all game. Great mindset from both players and possibly good prep from PV as well.

Check out at 8:25 the bottle fly onto the field right after Villa shoots. I hope MLS does something about this.

I can only imagine what Wallace said to Stertzer laughing with his hand cupped after the third goal as you see in the Behind the Scenes. I also love the crushed look on Kreis' face when he weakly shook PV's hand after the game and didn't seem to even say anything to him.

Watching the Behind the Scenes video you can really see how unthought out and stupid the spray paint idea was by Orlando in their tunnel. FS1 compared it to St. Pauli. That's a joke. St. Pauli is so professionally done. At the end of the wall it looks like the entire tunnel is a skull and crossbones and the graffiti looks professionally done or at least envisioned by its fans/designers.

We already saw the "You Ain't Got No History" in the tunnel. Watching the video, you see a baseball field and above it, "This Isn't A Pitch." Orlando fans are suck a joke.

Orlando:
IMG_0128[1].JPG

St. Pauli
13708202_10153790686983137_163952815323158375_o.jpg

Watching the Behind the Scenes video you can really see how unthought out and stupid the spray paint idea was by Orlando in their tunnel. FS1 compared it to St. Pauli. That's a joke. St. Pauli is so professionally done. At the end of the wall it looks like the entire tunnel is a skull and crossbones and the graffiti looks professionally done or at least envisioned by its fans/designers.

We already saw the "You Ain't Got No History" in the tunnel. Watching the video, you see a baseball field and above it, "This Isn't A Pitch." Orlando fans are suck a joke.

Orlando:
View attachment 7050

St. Pauli
View attachment 7051
I also saw a "built not bought". For all of CFG's faults, I admire that they appear to define themselves and their clubs not solely in opposition to something or somebody else. Orlando practically needs us and / or clubs like us to fuel their identity. I almost feel bad for them.

Orlando:
View attachment 7050

St. Pauli
View attachment 7051

Maybe Orlando should just turn the lights off in the tunnel. That would help

And the stuff about NYCFC will always be there, won't it? Are there specific digs about other teams as well, or are we the only special ones?

I admittedly love the idea, especially since it's something the SGs participated in, but why put one team specific team on it? Also, purple is just never going to be scary

And the stuff about NYCFC will always be there, won't it? Are there specific digs about other teams as well, or are we the only special ones?

I admittedly love the idea, especially since it's something the SGs participated in, but why put one team specific team on it? Also, purple is just never going to be scary
It actually would be kind of cool if they were able to re-do it before every game and make it somewhat personal for their opponents with certain digs.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I doubt it but wonder if Villa saw the "no history" graffiti and then in his post game interview intentionally mentioned how NYCFC "made history" by beating them in their new stadium. He's a witty banter guy so I wouldn't put it past him.