Philly Postmatch

The real problem is that a bunch of us randoms on a fan forum are stressing out over what song to sing at a game. If a group is going to hold themselves out as the first recognized SG for the team, it's kind of on them to do the heavy lifting. I'm not calling anyone out or anything, but it shouldn't be this hard.

Reactions: Ulrich and JayH
I wish there was a way to intro the AndrewWK "I love New York City, oh yeah, New York City" chant I posted on here recently. It's so simple but fun to sing, and you can sing it for a while as you build momentum.
see now that is a funny kink you throw into my previous statement of singing songs verbatim is lame, because that song verbatim actually kicks ass and i could see it pumping up the team

Reactions: Ulrich and JayH
The history of these things is always murky at best, but I believe SKC has a claim, at least, to have used it before AO did for the national team.
You mean a claim like the Naval Academy? :)

The real problem is that a bunch of us randoms on a fan forum are stressing out over what song to sing at a game. If a group is going to hold themselves out as the first recognized SG for the team, it's kind of on them to do the heavy lifting. I'm not calling anyone out or anything, but it shouldn't be this hard.
maybe they are trying to do the sorting and lifting, they're just not doing it here?

a few issues that lend to the lack of cohesive song in the section:
multiple supporter groups
no capo stands in front of supporters
no bull horns for the capos (as far as I can tell)
super shitty stadium acoustics

a few issues that lend to the lack of cohesive song in the section:
multiple supporter groups
no capo stands in front of supporters
no bull horns for the capos (as far as I can tell)
super shitty stadium acoustics
And what appears to be a lot of counterproductive high school like drama amongst the various groups and factions.

they sing this come on new york thing? Why the hell are we singing it then?
Unless its something that stands out as something they do all the time, I have no problem with it.

As mentioned earlier, almost every song has been done at some other SG somewhere. I think the few times I've watched a RB game, I can only make out a few chants/songs and its usually We Love Ya, or Just Cant Get Enough.

I've never heard this particular song/chant take off anywhere else. Lets take it and run with it. Its fun, it gathered a TON of energy, and it really doesnt seem to be used too often by other SGs.

speaking of national team chants, I heard this at the Uruguay-Venezuela game from all the Uruguayn supporters before and during the game and it could be cool for us to use as well:

Reactions: JayH
This idea came to me while dreaming what could of been for Scotland in the Euros

Modified to

You take the D train and I,ll take the 4 train
And I'll be in the bronx before you
Where me and my true love NYC will meet again

Reactions: Ulrich
I wish there was a way to intro the AndrewWK "I love New York City, oh yeah, New York City" chant I posted on here recently. It's so simple but fun to sing, and you can sing it for a while as you build momentum.

They feature that song at NY Rangers games all the time, think they use the chorus as one of the pump-up videos.

Reactions: JayH
I find all this angst over whether the SGs are singing an inappropriate song to be fairly ridiculous. It's not like they sing (or should be singing) only 1-2 things. These guys are making noise for 90 minutes. They need an extensive repertoire.

The important point is that at this stage of our development, our SGs need to be saying "yes" to things. Say "yes" - try it out - refine, refine - jettison the stuff that doesn't work - keep the stuff that does. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

This is how you come up with awesome stuff to fill 90 minutes. If you mindlessly shoot things down, all you guarantee is that you won't have enough stuff to go a game without being overly repetitive (Hey Baby!), and when that awesome thing comes along, odds are you rejected it before it even got tried.

One of the things about JH I'm excited about is how he plays a lot bigger than his size and is able to fight off defenders and tackles. He looked like BeastMode bouncing through initially on that long run that lead to the heel flick to Villa. That's a huge asset to an already impressive skill set.

I'm playing catch up (haven't been on in a long time!) and I completely agree with this post. I also love his decision making with the ball. Will he cross? Will he lay it off? Will he attack the defender? His IQ is unbelievable, especially for a teenager. I can't wait to see him develop even more. I'm so glad the team was patient with his injury and eased him back in when he's 100% (Lampard as well)

I thought they were going to a 442 with Mata pushing to the midfield and Hernandez playing the outer CB with White in the middle since he's better in the air. With Mata making the runs, it seemed right.

I had no issue with who was brought on, but rather who was taken off, namely TMac as the first when Hernandez was both on a yellow and getting turned quite a bit. Figured it would be a same-type sub to get energy back there but still keep our shape. And selfishly I was hoping it was Hernandez because I don't rate him and alway think he's a liability. Yesterday proved it by taking a second yellow near midfield.

Mikey was a good sub as was Poku.

Just curious, who do you rate ahead of Hernandez on our team? Honestly, I think Jason has been our most consistent CB this season and has improved his form since last season.

He's no Ciman, but I think he's our main guy back there as of now. It'll be interesting to see how our defense will respond next game with him suspended and see who'll step up (Mena possibly?)

JI think Jason has been our most consistent CB this season and has improved his form since last season.
When he's good, he's good. When he's bad....
He's maddeningly inconsistent but I agree that there's an overall improvement. He's saved our hide a few games this year already