Philly Postmatch

Not that I disagree, but I'm surprised you are so happy with him considering he didn't score

Again, I would agree that he one of the best players on the pitch, although I wanted more from him with his finishing.

It's a joy to watch him at the end of the game when the field really opens up and it feels like he is just toying with the opposition. Draws fouls and holds the ball well.

And as annoying as it was that he didn't get 50, it was his shot that rebounded to Callens for the winner.
I think you might be trying to insult me, but I'm not sure.

Remember, I'm the guy who calls Ucubed shit even when he scores. Because he is.

ETA: either way, I don't mind. I thought we played well given we played with 9.5 (Ucubed and sweat equal .5 a player.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert

ETA: either way, I don't mind. I thought we played well given we played with 9.5 (Ucubed and sweat equal .5 a player.)
Wouldn't that mean 10?

Not insulting. At least not intentionally. Just remembering when you wouldn't give Villa high ratings if he didn't score. Admittedly this was Year 1, and it might have been a game that was saw a lot of Pouty Villa.

Who the fuck is Uncubed? Did I miss a hilarious meme?

Today was one of those days when it's just a joy to be there. Shout out to the Philly fan wearing jorts in front of the supporters section, triggered more times than a firing range.

Not many weak links out there today. We looked strong across the park.

And......is Lewis actually..........good?!

Reactions: Christopher Jee

Today was one of those days when it's just a joy to be there. Shout out to the Philly fan wearing jorts in front of the supporters section, triggered more times than a firing range.

Ucubed is Thomas. Useless unless unmarked (in the box).

We've played our best football this year when we've played Total Football.

I think against teams like Dallas and Portland that can play like us, it's important to have the traditional 6 and 8 and 10 in the midfield.

But we should run other teams out of the park otherwise. At the end, we had a fun formation. Ring hung deep with the CBs. Harrison played a duel #10 with Maxi. Both those guys played underneath Okoli and Villa. Lewis wide right and Mata wide left.

This is how Pep wants to play. Get 7 guys forward. Ring allows us to do that. More of that please.

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan did you see Mom In The Green Shirt?

We've played our best football this year when we've played Total Football.

I think against teams like Dallas and Portland that can play like us, it's important to have the traditional 6 and 8 and 10 in the midfield.

But we should run other teams out of the park otherwise. At the end, we had a fun formation. Ring hung deep with the CBs. Harrison played a duel #10 with Maxi. Both those guys played underneath Okoli and Villa. Lewis wide right and Mata wide left.

This is how Pep wants to play. Get 7 guys forward. Ring allows us to do that. More of that please.

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan did you see Mom In The Green Shirt?
Was in legends today, so I didn't have to see any of those Bourgie bastards.

Villa and Maxi played below expectations today. Jack, Chanot, Ring, White, Mata, Johnson at potential Callens, Sweat, TMac above expectations. Camargo was a bust, Lewis was a revelation.

Allowing for the fact that Villa is still world class, stands above the league, and his subpar is still pretty amazing, this is a pretty solid result.

It's easy to bash the depth players. But look across the league and our depth players at least make positive contributions. Depth players are where playoff teams become also-rans and we are nowhere near that. Bashing Tmac and Sweat is cheap. They are both smart players with physical limitations, who play positive football and have good positional awareness and (respectively) great touch and the ability to get in a good cross. They are a step up from the likes of Brovsky and Jacobson and Grabavoy and Khiry. And oh yeah, Mikey.

PV is not a moron. He clearly favors brains and positivity over brute force and destruction (which are thankfully trending out). He's setting a good example for the club and the league, within the constraints of talent and budget. Let's keep things in perspective.

With a healthy Herrera (and Pirlo) we have a very deep midfield.

June, August and September -- with a full squad -- will be a great opportunity to rack up a ton of points. Up to this point we're up to #2 on the total table, and we've done it with so many dropped points because of int'l duty, injury and a horrible early schedule. By the end of Summer, I bet we're 1st or 2nd in the East.

Last edited:
Guys, I just want to throw out a theory: it doesn't matter where we finish in the conference. We are so much better. We can win the league either way.
Just need to make the playoffs and be healthy.

That's why you go with a regular 11 in the us open cup.
I will be significantly more confident in our chances if we don't have to play in the knockout round, especially if that is on the road. This team is far too inconsistent for that. Our chances of winning MLS Cup from a 3+ seed are very slim imo.

Reactions: Vallos and sundance
My first post is not going to be about the game. It's going to be about something off the field that stood out as the lowlight of the season. If you know who I am in real life, or at least on Twitter, I posted this publicly. Because for it to happen is irresponsible.

Vince and Vance Moss, surgeons who live in New Jersey and served in our military. They are also public in MLS circles as Red Bull fans and more notably as arrogant ones. See last year, them getting in the face of Didier Drogba...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ogant-and-a-sore-loser-he-told-us-to-be-resp/

These two individuals have a history of accosting opposing players and coaches.

They were in attendance today. I noticed them in the Legends suite sitting with another Pitchside season ticket holder who I've seen at many games in the past. Based on this, I'd say that they were invited by this individual. They were dressed in sport coats and wearing Philadelphia Union scarves. As an NYCFC fan, I would never wear the scarf of another team to a match.

Before the game, Jim Curtin comes over to the NYCFC side of the field and shakes their hand. Does Curtin know who they really are? I can't answer that. But they were rooting for the Union and wearing Union scarves, so there's that.

They're fine during the course of the game, not making any scenes.

Then comes the Union goal. One of the brothers, I cannot tell which one, leaves PS1 which is the one closer to the corner flag and makes his way, Union scarf above his head, toward PS2 in the direction of the NYCFC bench. He gets as close as he can to Vieira and starts saying some language and in a manner that would "cross the line". Vieira turns around and responds with some kind language himself. Moss continues to accost Vieira and Vieira steps over the video boards. They are face to face as the NYCFC and Yankee Stadium security come to separate them. Nothing gets physical. Patrick goes back to the NYCFC bench, the Moss brothers goes back to his seat with Yankee Stadium security nearby him.

Vieira is likely to see a suspension, maybe multiple games, for leaving the bench/tactical area and entering a fan section.

Though, these brothers have a history and continually create a hostile environment where some worse can happen if escalated. And this continued behavior by them needs to be addressed by the league office. You can't have fans like them continued to be allowed to accost players in the manner in which they do.

After we scored the first goal, Vieira had his fist in the air and looked right at these guys. After the game, same thing. Vieira and Curtin spoke after the game, and I think Vieira said something to Jim about these guys. Jim Curtin then went back over to these guys after the game and said something.

I get angry, I get heated at referees and opposing players and coaches. But I never swear, never accost, never get into confrontation. It's sporting fun and in good taste. "Do your job" to referees. "Sit down" to opposing coaches. "Never forget 2014" to Wondo.

They create hostile environments, are aggressors, and agitators. I would ban these individuals from all MLS stadiums, games, and events.

As Drogba said in the article, these guys needs to be more respectful or in my opinion never be allowed to come to an MLS game again.

Last edited:

Did you see him when he came on

I know many people are down on Sweat for his defense, but is Mata's D that much better? Because what I saw from Mata today makes me question if we should ever play him on D again - his attacking ability as a winger against a tired D is EXACTLY what we hope to get from Khiry but never do. Mata trashed the Union defenders with his speed and crossing, and unless I'm mistaken, it was Mata and Okoli that ran down the ball that won us the corner kick->Callens goal. Back to Sweat, his biggest issue today was not having on 4" studs because he was falling all over the place, but in his defense, everybody was falling on the shitty field.

How the hell did the Ref allow the Union's goal to stand when their player two-hand pushed White to the ground?!? After the shitfest calls Wednesday night, and the ones today, I'm beginning to think the refs have it in for us and they're not even trying to hide it.

Edit- my mistake. I went back and rewatched and the goal was legit. I was mistaking it for a shot that Johnson tipped away.

Last edited:
My first post is not going to be about the game. It's going to be about something off the field that stood out as the lowlight of the season. If you know who I am in real life, or at least on Twitter, I posted this publicly. Because for it to happen is irresponsible.

Vince and Vance Moss, surgeons who live in New Jersey and served in our military. They are also public in MLS circles as Red Bull fans and more notably as arrogant ones. See last year, them getting in the face of Didier Drogba...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ogant-and-a-sore-loser-he-told-us-to-be-resp/

These two individuals have a history of accosting opposing players and coaches.

They were in attendance today. I noticed them in the Legends suite sitting with another Pitchside season ticket holder who I've seen at many games in the past. Based on this, I'd say that they were invited by this individual. They were dressed in sport coats and wearing Philadelphia Union scarves. As an NYCFC fan, I would never wear the scarf of another team to a match.

Before the game, Jim Curtin comes over to the NYCFC side of the field and shakes their hand. Does Curtin know who they really are? I can't answer that. But they were rooting for the Union and wearing Union scarves, so there's that.

They're fine during the course of the game, not making any scenes.

Then comes the Union goal. One of the brothers, I cannot tell which one, leaves PS1 which is the one closer to the corner flag and makes his way, Union scarf above his head, toward PS2 in the direction of the NYCFC bench. He gets as close as he can to Vieira and starts saying some language and in a manner that would "cross the line". Vieira turns around and responds with some kind language himself. Moss continues to accost Vieira and Vieira steps over the video boards. They are face to face as the NYCFC and Yankee Stadium security come to separate them. Nothing gets physical. Patrick goes back to the NYCFC bench, the Moss brothers goes back to his seat with Yankee Stadium security nearby him.

Vieira is likely to see a suspension, maybe multiple games, for leaving the bench/tactical area and entering a fan section.

Though, these brothers have a history and continually create a hostile environment where some worse can happen if escalated. And this continued behavior by them needs to be addressed by the league office. You can't have fans like them continued to be allowed to accost players in the manner in which they do.

After we scored the first goal, Vieira had his fist in the air and looked right at these guys. After the game, same thing. Vieira and Curtin spoke after the game, and I think Vieira said something to Jim about these guys. Jim Curtin then went back over to these guys after the game and said something.

I get angry, I get heated at referees and opposing players and coaches. But I never swear, never accost, never get into confrontation. It's sporting fun and in good taste. "Do your job" to referees. "Sit down" to opposing coaches. "Never forget 2014" to Wondo.

They create hostile environments, are aggressors, and agitators. I would ban these individuals from all MLS stadiums, games, and events.

As Vieira said, these guys needs to be more respectful or never be allowed to come to an MLS game again.
Good thing I wasn't there, I would have had to tackle the guy. My buddy who was in my PS seats who you probably know just pinged me that he has a crazy story. That must be it. That's pathetic.