Pirlo Said He Will Leave This Summer If Offered Bayern Assistant Job

NY Soccer Kid

Registered
Jul 14, 2015
Pirlo: "If Ancelotti would call me to come to Bayern, I'd go to be an assistant for his team."

Pretty classless and disrespectful from a guy we are paying 8 million to openly say in-season he'd quit early to go and be an assistant coach.

My $1 is that there is something going on behind the scenes wrt to players we might bring in.

Reactions: Ulrich
Pirlo: "If Ancelotti would call me to come to Bayern, I'd go to be an assistant for his team."

Pretty classless and disrespectful from a guy we are paying 8 million to openly say in-season he'd quit early to go and be an assistant coach.

I'm hoping something was lost in translation. Otherwise, maybe he's being asked to move so we can make a signing in the real offseason. It just doesn't make any sense, unless he's extremely unhappy.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
i'm ok with him moving on. we could get younger, quality player for what we are paying him, time to convert the team from ticket sale/fan base building, into a competitive, winning team. Same goes for Lampard.

just keep the break-up classy. Except for lampard, dump his ass unceremoniously.

I'm hoping something was lost in translation. Otherwise, maybe he's being asked to move so we can make a signing in the real offseason. It just doesn't make any sense, unless he's extremely unhappy.
Unhappy? Have you seen the look on his face the last few games? He's utterly pissed at the shitshow of losing the way we've been doing it - he's used to playing for teams that after the hard work is done, and they get a 1-goal lead, they can shut it down and win every game if needed. I feel for him because while I'm sure he liked the idea of living in NYC and making the $$ he signed for, he definitely didn't expect to possibly retire at his career-low (low being with respect to the club, not his form).

My $.02 is that the club knows he's unhappy, told him they won't try to hold him to his contract if he finds another path, and he's making these comments to let the soccer world know he'd be open to a move. I seriously doubt he's making the statements without the team's blessing.

i'm ok with him moving on. we could get younger, quality player for what we are paying him, time to convert the team from ticket sale/fan base building, into a competitive, winning team. Same goes for Lampard.

just keep the break-up classy. Except for lampard, dump his ass unceremoniously.

Got news for you with this organization, that is the one thing they care about. Sales and marketing. We suck but people still come. They don't care about the product they care about the names on the field and who will draw in a crowd.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
I bought a "Yes Pirlo, Yes Party" t-shirt right after he signed. I haven't worn it since. With all due respect, don't let the door hit you in your old, slow, free-kick inept ass on the way out.
A chef can use truffles in a recipe, but if the complimentary ingredients are Spam, MiracleWhip, & iceberg lettuce, then there's nothing the truffles can do to help the taste.

A chef can use truffles in a recipe, but if the complimentary ingredients are Spam, MiracleWhip, & iceberg lettuce, then there's nothing the truffles can do to help the taste.

I totally agree. So lets take the truffles out and smother the whole dish with Cholula.

And my preferred Cholula flavor is a 28 year-old Chicharito.

OK Goodfella this is the Shit you should have tagged me with Ms leilanikali 420 tried to tell me how but i don't understand!!

I bought a "Yes Pirlo, Yes Party" t-shirt right after he signed. I haven't worn it since. With all due respect, don't let the door hit you in your old, slow, free-kick inept ass on the way out.

I have a size medium if anyone is interested, light blue.

Let's get all the unused Pirlo shirts together, have them turned into one of those t-shirt blankets and give it to Angela Miller Angela Miller