Portland Postmatch

At least I know not to try to sit with you at a game after that earlier post, jeez.
Well, I was triggered. I won't lie. Probably because I don't watch Serie A.

Eta - tbh, I've tried. I can't handle the standing around. It's infuriating to witness, even though you know what's coming.

Yeah that goal is Vidal and Marchisio's fault because they didn't run half the field when Pirlo lost the ball.

Or maybe all the other players should have stopped playing when Pirlo threw his hands up out of respect for the Maestro.

In a shameless and obvious attempt to divert attention, Tmac is more atrocious but less offensive because his salary is so much smaller. Flak jacket on. Bring it.

My other huge disappointed was in the 74' Okoli had Lewis wide open on the right hand side of the field. Swing a quick pass to him and Lewis can create a shot. Wide open. Wide. open.

I came 30 minutes after gates open. I was wearing a Ring jersey when he wasn't in the 18. It was just a bad day.

My other huge disappointed was in the 74' Okoli had Lewis wide open on the right hand side of the field. Swing a quick pass to him and Lewis can create a shot. Wide open. Wide. open.

I came 30 minutes after gates open. I was wearing a Ring jersey when he wasn't in the 18. It was just a bad day.
30 min after gates opened left you plenty of time to go but a new jersey with a player in the 18. I'd have given you a long slow clap if you'd have bought a long sleeve Stertzer

Reactions: Christopher Jee
OK we had 3 cashiers call out at work and i swear everyone at Home Depot was buying supplies to bring to FL . So i got the game on VCR but What The Hell's a difference from the other day . Now 2 things may have been a factor with Andrea . I know for a fact one of them is . Playing back to back at his age was not a good decision on the part of PV .

BUT NOW When a certain somebody has his DAMN PICTURE taken with Heidi Klum with the Fkn Caption "Nice Meetings" posted for all the world to see Shit !! We can only assume the possibilities can we now??? So PLEASE put a blame on this Bitch and the last 3 day's of What The Hell one's activities been ! If your interested this picture is in his thread .

For the third time in maybe 7 games I had to chase someone out of my seats. Unlike adam I'm not nice enough to just say it's OK I'll move. Nor am I lucky enough to have them be player families. Nor has one of them said "I'm sorry." They don't argue, either, but they all say they were told to sit anywhere. So of course they pick my seats which are front row aisle.
It's getting tiresome.

Fuck that ref. It was DOGSO. Held his leg for like 10 minutes with no other defender around.

Last edited:
When Guzman first holds Moralez's leg, Roy Miller, the player that Elfath pointed out is not getting to defend this goalscoring opportunity. This should have at least gone to video replay. AT LEAST. Since video replay has been instituted, we have had 0 video replays by the referee.
Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 10.01.17 PM.png

Did Lewis even touch the ball after he came in? He's sitting out on the wing open and everybody's trying to dribble and shoot through three players.

There was one instance where he would have been in on goal but Okoli shot it into two defenders instead of passing.

The best thing is that Chicago tied so NYCFC is still five points up on second.

The whole friggin time. I lost my voice screaming for someone to pass him the ball.

The whole friggin time. I lost my voice screaming for someone to pass him the ball.
Sadly, Pirlo gave the ball away passing left when we were attacking right field and RJ was all alone in miles and miles. Not that big of a deal because it's entirely plausible he made a calculated decision given the potential recipient.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
When Guzman first holds Moralez's leg, Roy Miller, the player that Elfath pointed out is not getting to defend this goalscoring opportunity. This should have at least gone to video replay. AT LEAST. Since video replay has been instituted, we have had 0 video replays by the referee.
View attachment 7462

A part of me wishes PV would go full Petke and print out that image and ask the equipment guy to "hand 'em out." Guzman starts impeding Moralez when he is the last man, he just does it for so long that another defender comes into play so it is not DOGSO? Come on.

And it doesn't end there. Guzman is on a yellow and he hacks down Tommy Mac - a clear yellow card worthy foul. And Elfath calls just a foul. Any clear common sense would say "you got away with one earlier but you haven't learned", don't give him leniency. Elfath then has a talking to with Guzman that looked like "one more and that's it" - and STILL he kept hacking and fouling and Elfath was afraid to give him the second yellow.

Chara's pull down from behind was also nasty. Also, I'd need to see it again, but looks like Stertzer was bowled over in the box around the 84th minute.

So VAR can only review a red already given or can suggest a red if no card is given but cannot review anything if the ref decides it's a yellow? Major flaw there guys. So a ref can just hand out the yellow and then VAR can't be used. Crappy system.

Viera put Pirlo in a DM role with Tommy and Maxi. Does anyone think that was or is a good idea? Why is Pirlo given any defensive responsibility? He's too old. Plain and simple.

Also. This team looked unprepared and confused. PV shit the bed with this one regardless of the available players.

Reactions: SanBartG
Jack should be central more often. Seriously.

If we only have one of Herrera and Ring, then they are the 6 and Maxi is the 8 and Jack the 10. But no one's ever thought of that before tonight. Except for like 80% of this board.

One day, someone will properly convince me why I should default to presuming a coach's decisions are better than those of an informed and intelligent observer. As of this particular day, I think there are about 5 managers in the world who arent egomaniacal shitbirds, complete morons or some combination thereof.

None of those 5 are in MLS.

I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson is injured. Yes, he goalkeeping was great in the second half but his kicking wasn't as sharp and long as in the first half.