Portland Postmatch

I can imagine him thinking that it was ok to post a link to this forum since we post links to other discussion venues on here all the time. I can imagine that he didn't think Mark was gonna get abused.

I have been talking to him on FB and I don't want to misrepresent his position, so I am only writing from my perspective. Unfortunately he's not currently able to speak for himself. So my guess is that we will believe what we want to believe, which almost certainly situates us on what we believe to be the right side of the story, congratulate ourselves for keeping the forums pure and go back to representing our unnervingly narrow slices of the population of supporters of our club.
This is a public forum like Reddit or anything else. This isn't a private chat, so anything here is public domain. Don't like your comments having backlash? Save it for you buddies in your private chats where everyone agrees with you and you all take turns jerking each other off

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Nah, Chris. I can't accept this. As different as his opinion may have been on whatever topic, he was a member of the forum and posted his thoughts on whatever topics. Sometimes people agreed. Sometimes they didn't agree. Based on his representation of himself on these forums, people decided to engage or not but he was always welcome to post here and share his opinion.

This is a community and it should be understood that while this forum is public, we come here to share because we value the format, content and community. When you take from this context and drop it somewhere else, you are are purposefully taking something out of it's context and putting it into another one with intent. Otherwise, just address it here.

The same way he was sticking up for whatever it is he thinks is right, we have the same right to defend our community member.
A) he was never welcome here. Neither was I or many others because we didn't share the same opinions as other vocal members. Guess people come here Just to have people validate their opinion and agree with them.
B) that's a third rail member, good to see our fearless leader has our back... or rather, condemns members without even bothering to ask for any info or background story. So which of these communities is "our community" for you? The forum or your support member who stood up for you when templados and whatever would shit on your name left and right?

Waiting for my ban now like
giphy.gif

A) he was never welcome here. Neither was I or many others because we didn't share the same opinions as other vocal members. Guess people come here Just to have people validate their opinion and agree with them.
B) that's a third rail member, good to see our fearless leader has our back... or rather, condemns members without even bothering to ask for any info or background story. So which of these communities is "our community" for you? The forum or your support member who stood up for you when templados and whatever would shit on your name left and right?

Waiting for my ban now like
giphy.gif

Okay, okay, why don't we calm down. Opinions on players, formation tactics, games are 99% okay. We can disagree about who should play RB if we provide points to justify our claims. When we start discussing off the field incidents regarding fans and members on social sites, that's when things get weird. Someone called me homosexual and their defense was in the past I've supported Mix and Johansen. That's ban punishment. For the most part, we can discern sarcasm and serious points. We all support NYCFC (hopefully), some are more vocal, some are more serious than others. Let's respect each other's opinion, hear the opposition, and not act like we're 8 year olds.

I actually agree with you about how some other members have been driven off. We had a much better range of voices in 2015 than we do now. Notice that none of the HoO people (that I am aware of) post here anymore, for example.

That said, I'm not sure how much that applies here. Mr. Bianco seems like a bad poster boy for a true observation. From my POV it always seemed like he relished the fight and gave as good as he got, but maybe I'm wrong - I don't follow this place as closely as I used to. In part because of the increasing narrow-mindedness and toxicity that you correctly observe.

Anyway, the ever-more-negative atmosphere around here bums me out and I wish I had some good ideas for how I could contribute to making it better.

You make some valid points on how we can do better.

But there's also just the fact that we haven't had any big event, and there's also the newness wearing off.

Forums peak and trough. It's just how it goes.

I mean, in fairness, people like you and me could blame all of the new people for 2015 voices leaving. Is that accurate? I don't know. But us old-timers were here then when we had more diversity per your observation (mine too).

It seems to be a bit of seasonal thing. You lose some, you gain some every year. There are also just more places to talk about less actual shit going on.

I'm happy to encourage any quality new posters. After I haze balls on their first post, of course.

As should be abundantly clear by now: I don't do tit for tat.

In the interest of honesty, transparency and resolution I offer up the following:

Joseph messaged me on facebook. The end result was that I offered to reach out to Dan and ask if he would consider removing the ban on his behalf. I only asked because I do think that he should have the opportunity to make amends if indeed it was a mistake. My recommendation was that he clear this up with Mark and Dan; the rest of forum members if he chooses. That's my take on it. What is done with it is up to Dan, Joseph and Mark.

Wow spend the day watching American football and miss a cluster F**K

So we've got "scarfers", huh? Guess it was very naive to hope we didn't. What a pathetic mix of toxic masculinity and wannabe Euro/South American Hooligan mindset you have to have for that to seem like a "Cool" or "acceptable thing to do.

You make some valid points on how we can do better.

But there's also just the fact that we haven't had any big event, and there's also the newness wearing off.

Forums peak and trough. It's just how it goes.

I mean, in fairness, people like you and me could blame all of the new people for 2015 voices leaving. Is that accurate? I don't know. But us old-timers were here then when we had more diversity per your observation (mine too).

It seems to be a bit of seasonal thing. You lose some, you gain some every year. There are also just more places to talk about less actual shit going on.

I'm happy to encourage any quality new posters. After I haze balls on their first post, of course.

I do think the remaining community including you and also myself in a different way have some culpability here.

Like when I drunkenly went all SJW in that Alex Kraemer thread, the point wasn't that that I wanted people to be silenced or banned - I just wanted there to be another view on offer.

Most people are fine with hearing things they don't like - they just want to be in a space where they can also be heard and not shouted down. And we haven't always lived up to that. I don't think it's exactly intentional but if we care about being more than a very narrow club (and maybe we *don't* and that's a legit choice too) it's a dynamic we should pay attention to.

Okay, okay, why don't we calm down. Opinions on players, formation tactics, games are 99% okay. We can disagree about who should play RB if we provide points to justify our claims. When we start discussing off the field incidents regarding fans and members on social sites, that's when things get weird. Someone called me homosexual and their defense was in the past I've supported Mix and Johansen. That's ban punishment. For the most part, we can discern sarcasm and serious points. We all support NYCFC (hopefully), some are more vocal, some are more serious than others. Let's respect each other's opinion, hear the opposition, and not act like we're 8 year olds.
But I am 8 years old.

I want to dislike this because self-martyring is so stupid but . . . that's a perfect gif.
Not self martyring, I just know what's coming. Like me, when I was playing that gif over and over...
Planning to seduce Forum Justice?

ETA thanks for reminding us that we are on the Internet.
I legit have no idea what you said, but if you can see this, you're on the internet mate.

I thought I knew this place pretty well but clearly there are layers of beefs I knew nothing about.

(234 is good, actually. I will die on this hill)

I don't get where this whole 'go to Dan' thing came from but I can assure you that it doesn't happen, at least not the way you think it does.
There is a report function and it's used by MANY members and 99% of the time it's stuff that's against the TOS.
Also, we're not ban happy. 95% of all bans have been issued prior to this year. When we were first established and had Bluemoon members here shitting on us on a daily basis telling us we have to respect Man City. I'm a man city supporter and wouldn't have it on my forum, happening to my members.
I truly try to be as fair and understanding as possible.

So, to show that we aren't ban happy here is the most recent ban list. The list is in order banned, most recent shown first.
As you can see the last person on the ban page was last active in August of 2015. Meaning everyone on this page was banned within the last 2 years. Of all those members only 3 were active and one was a temp (Mario). So we banned 2 active members in 2 years. Both, I feel, deservingly.
IMG_2881.PNG
IMG_2880.JPG

Mario's expires tomorrow and he's free to post and continue posting under the rules.
The other two truly don't belong here. I think the majority of us understand and agree that they are toxic to the community and shouldn't be here. He's clearly admired and respected in his FB community and perhaps that's where he belongs. I'll also add that I've had banned members return under different names and I've allowed it, some who still post, because they decided to contribute and participate under the rules. That doesn't mean they don't agree with everything established members say, I'm not asking for that one bit, it's exactly why Joseph lasted as long as he did. The decision to ban him was entirely mine, but it had nothing to do with him disagreeing with others here.

I've repeatedly told members to use the ignore function despite the fact I know it impacts the experience here (not seeing their responses but seeing responses that don't go with flow of discussion due to other members discussing ignored persons response). Even tho I've been told some long standing members left due to said posters.
It's nearly impossible keeping EVERYONE happy in such a vast community and people will disagree. 99% of the time I turn a blind eye unless I really need to intervene.

Last edited:
I thought I knew this place pretty well but clearly there are layers of beefs I knew nothing about.

(234 is good, actually. I will die on this hill)
I hate 234. It's not even the Bieber, it's not the people. Not the Choi I love the choi. It's that forsaken "aaggghhhhh" shit roar after the you shit bastard (I prefer the generic puto chant to it but even then) that is the sole reason I can't stand it... I cringe every time