Portland Postmatch

I don't get where this whole 'go to Dan' thing came from but I can assure you that it doesn't happen, at least not the way you think it does.
There is a report function and it's used by MANY members and 99% of the time it's stuff that's against the TOS.
Also, we're not ban happy. 95% of all bans have been issued prior to this year. When we were first established and had Bluemoon members here shitting on us on a daily basis telling us we have to respect Man City. I'm a man city supporter and wouldn't have it on my forum, happening to my members.
I truly try to be as fair and understanding as possible.

So, to show that we aren't ban happy here is the most recent ban list. The list is in order banned, most recent shown first.
As you can see the last person on the ban page was last active in August of 2015. Meaning everyone on this page was banned within the last 2 years. Of all those members only 3 were active and one was a temp (Mario). So we banned 2 active members in 2 years. Both, I feel, deservingly.
View attachment 7470
View attachment 7469

Mario's expires tomorrow and he's free to post and continue posting under the rules.
The other two truly don't belong here. I think the majority of us understand and agree that they are toxic to the community and shouldn't be here. He's clearly admired and respected in his FB community and perhaps that's where he belongs. I'll also add that I've had banned members return under different names and I've allowed it, some who still post, because they decided to contribute and participate under the rules. That doesn't mean they don't agree with everything established members say, I'm not asking for that one bit, it's exactly why Joseph lasted as long as he did. The decision to ban him was entirely mine, but it had nothing to do with him disagreeing with others here.

I've repeatedly told members to use the ignore function despite the fact I know it impacts the experience here (not seeing their responses but seeing responses that don't go with flow of discussion due to other members discussing ignored persons response). Even tho I've been told some long standing members left due to said posters.
It's nearly impossible keeping EVERYONE happy in such a vast community and people will disagree. 99% of the time I turn a blind eye unless I really need to intervene.
What rules exactly did he break though? Besides having upset Midas and mgarbagowski when he didn't agree with them? Truthfully I never read the rules so I legit don't know. But if it's the screenshot... I mean this is not a private forum. Anyone can see this so I don't see the issue. Plus if you can't stand behind saying something no need to say it online so you can hide behind the monitor... I've said many a things that I caught flak for. Had someone threaten to jump me at a home game. Guess they realized I didn't have a timbers scarf for them to steal so they backed off but regardless. There's a systemic problem here and it's not just the trolling or Joseph or the complete lack of acceptance of outside views.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Oh the the whole go to Dan thing came from Midas numerous times name dropping you to threaten a bunch of people with bans purely for disagreeing with him. On numerous occasions.

What rules exactly did he break though? Besides having upset Midas and mgarbagowski when he didn't agree with them? Truthfully I never read the rules so I legit don't know. But if it's the screenshot... I mean this is not a private forum. Anyone can see this so I don't see the issue. Plus if you can't stand behind saying something no need to say it online so you can hide behind the monitor... I've said many a things that I caught flak for. Had someone threaten to jump me at a home game. Guess they realized I didn't have a timbers scarf for them to steal so they backed off but regardless. There's a systemic problem here and it's not just the trolling or Joseph or the complete lack of acceptance of outside views.
So you read very little of what I wrote in that post. So I really shouldn't even waste my time.
Actually, why not, look at the post again.. 2 members banned in 2 years. I'd say to call that a complete lack of acceptance is ridiculous.
Doxxing is in our TOS and it's strictly enforced. Actually states doxxing OTHER team supporters is against TOS as well. I refuse to be personally held responsible for something happening to anyone due to personal info being posted on this forum.
Agree or disagree I have final say but I'll always operate within the confines of preesrablished rules. If you want to be a member here that's entirely up to you.

So you read very little of what I wrote in that post. So I really shouldn't even waste my time.
Actually, why not, look at the post again.. 2 members banned in 2 years. I'd say to call that a complete lack of acceptance is ridiculous.
Doxxing is in our TOS and it's strictly enforced. Actually states doxxing OTHER team supporters is against TOS as well. I refuse to be personally held responsible for something happening to anyone due to personal info being posted on this forum.
Agree or disagree I have final say but I'll always operate within the confines of preesrablished rules. If you want to be a member here that's entirely up to you.
Doesn't look intentionally doxxing to me. Ain't nothing gonna happen because mgarbagowski or whatever isn't the first or the last, and nothing ever happens from anyone. A lot of hot air for show and that's it. And you're right, you have sole final say so it ain't like any of this matters anyways. Complete lack of acceptance may not be from you, but it's definitely been shown by the ones who keep using your name to threaten bans on others whether you actually fulfill them or just wipe the threads after.

Attachments

• IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0584.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 21
Doesn't look intentionally doxxing to me. Ain't nothing gonna happen because mgarbagowski or whatever isn't the first or the last, and nothing ever happens from anyone. A lot of hot air for show and that's it. And you're right, you have sole final say so it ain't like any of this matters anyways. Complete lack of acceptance may not be from you, but it's definitely been shown by the ones who keep using your name to threaten bans on others whether you actually fulfill them or just wipe the threads after.
You're free to tag me in any post that requires mod attention. It's my job to do just that, delete or ban. As I've shown above (again) I typically delete and ask that discussion return to topic at hand and not petty baseless name calling.

You're free to tag me in any post that requires mod attention. It's my job to do just that, delete or ban. As I've shown above (again) I typically delete and ask that discussion return to topic at hand and not petty baseless name calling.
Okay so how do I tag you in my post now where I ask how is it that someone can be banned for trolling or for Doxxing when proven it wasn't an intentional doxxing at all but not banned for multiple times referring to hazing new forum members in this accepting and tolerant community?

Also, need a mod to review a previous post saying serie a sucks on grounds of stupidity.

Okay so how do I tag you in my post now where I ask how is it that someone can be banned for trolling or for Doxxing when proven it wasn't an intentional doxxing at all but not banned for multiple times referring to hazing new forum members in this accepting and tolerant community?

Also, need a mod to review a previous post saying serie a sucks on grounds of stupidity.
Don't you think if he was a liked and respected member of the community that there'd be reason to believe he'd be given a second chance? He put himself in the predicament.
Also, based on the last 2 pages of your replies here (I get it he's your boy) I think it's best we start fresh and move on.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH THIS FORUM ?? Have you all gone mad ?? My head is spinning like Linda Blair in the Exorcist from the last 4 pages trying to figure out what the Hell Happen ??. First off let me say how shocked I am that I wasn't at the Top of our Bosses Dan's Ban List . He has said in the past he wanted to ban me for good . And I'm not in that list at all ??

And since when is anyone on this forum Facebook friendly ?? You mean people actually have Facebook friendships here ??, Everyone i ever asked turned me down and theses are the people who were kind to me . I am so completely baffled by all of this ? No wonder i got no likes on my kitty video in the off topics , Nobody's in the mood for cuteness and being happy . For God Sake People in the words of the late Rodney King ("Can't we all just try to get along")

Come on now let's all be Barney from back in the day ! you can do it smile and sing I love you you love me we're a happy family ! I don't know the rest of the shit . The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow . All We Are Saying Is Give Peace a Chance . He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother . All You Need Is Love . and My Shrona !! :p

This is a public forum like Reddit
The thing is, this *isn't* a public forum. It's Dan's forum. He put in the time and the work and the sweat (and the money) to start it up and keep it running. Sure, anyone can join, but there's also rules to follow. And not even very many of those.

Taking something that's not yours and that you know is going to rile people up and then posting it in public on Twitter without permission just seems to be a pretty crappy thing to do to someone. Disagree with someone's opinion all you want, sure, but don't paint a big sign on someone's house just because you don't like what they said.

Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand ... Who's Wine What Wine where the Hell did I dine ?? :wineglass::wineglass::wineglass::wineglass::wineglass:!!!! wish it were Andrea's !:(:(

Here I was thinking my run-in with Ulrich Ulrich yesterday would be the excitement for the week.
  • Doxxing has become a word with an elastic meaning that depends, for too many people, on which side they fall on at a given moment. I purposefully did not claim that Bianco doxxed me for that reason, and also because I openly use my name in my handle. I also did not tag NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan, nor did I message him, asking for a ban or any other sanction. That said, I appreciate and support Dan's decision here.
  • Doxxing or not, what Bianco did was horseshit. He can go to FB and discuss the fact that people here are showing support for punishment to whoever committed a felony and mugged a Portland supporter Saturday night without screenshotting Lion's post and mine and posting the image over on FB. If people want to come here and look, let them. Regardless of how you define doxxing, I can't think of any non-malicious reason why he would need to screencap. If anybody has one, I'll listen.
  • The abuse I took was not so bad and limited. I quit the NYCFC Supporters Group on FB almost as soon as it started which removed the ability of people to @ me. I understand there was a continuing discussion both positive and negative about me by a bunch of nitwits but it happened without further notifications to me.
  • Now, as much as I'd prefer not to relitigate "Who's an Asshole," that seems to be the current topic. Let's not pretend Bianco and his buddies were broadly disliked here for the substance of their opinions. They were and are disliked because of their tone and general obnoxiousness, and they universally show it from the very beginning.
    • Bianco's first post ever was in response to one I made offering some free soccer gear. We met and I gave him a jersey. In his very next set of posts after that he made a mistake about the Away Goal Rule. Fine. If you're not an asshole you accept the correction, acknowledge, and move on. We (SoupInNYC and I) corrected him. Soup included multiple web citations in evidence. We all make mistakes. It should have been nothing. Bianco's response was to just keep saying that Soup and I were wrong, that Soup's sources were useless, and then Bianco literally photoshopped a Wikipedia chart to make it say the opposite of what it really said, with a "clever" note it was not photoshopped. The most charitable interpretation of his actions is he thought it was funny to pretend to be a jerk who can't take correction. But (1) that's not actually funny, and (2) when you do that as your first action to a group of people who don't know you, the difference between pretending to be an asshole and being an asshole is not theoretical. You're just a fucking asshole. That he did this in part directly to me immediately after I gave him a fucking brand new soccer jersey when I never previously met him led me immediately to put him on ignore. It had nothing to do with his opinions on Pirlo, Serie A, or Italy, or anything substantive. It was his obnoxious behavior. My only regret is I relented after he calmed down, and gave him a second chance, because he showed he can occasionally go intermediate stretches of decent behavior. But he kept reverting to his nature, and yesterday was it for me. I'm glad he's gone and I have no desire to interact with him. If he wants to apologize I'm willing to listen through an intermediary, and if I judge it sincere, I will accept an apology directly.
    • In D dkalev's first post he called another forum member an idiot.
      I'm not gonna bother to go back to read where an idiot actually considered that we should buy out Pirlo for a defensive or goalie DP. . . . . Y'all dumb
      Look, you don't have to start licking our boots when you are a new poster here, but when you introduce yourself to a new community, you should be able to go one single post without insults and calling people names. It's just common courtesy and decency. If you don't understand that insults on this board made by people with a massive posting history are viewed differently than insults as an introductory first post, I can't help you. Nothing he has done has given me cause to change my opinion, and yes, I do periodically check the posts of people I ignore to see if they deserve a second chance.
    • Most recently, Etnaman Etnaman introduced himself to us. Another one of Bianco's buddies from Teddy's Army on LI. He joined the forum in March 2015 but never posted until August 2017, and in his first post he goes full "DO YOU EVEN LIFT BRO?" on Gotham Gator.
      Honest question: do you follow international soccer or just NYCFC/MLS?
      Bloody fucking hell! You wait 2.5 years to actually post, and immediately you insult the knowledge and experience of someone who's one of our most active and respected members using a clichéd form of insult, and do so to argue on a topic ancillary to NYCFC? We're supposed to be impressed? How in holy hell do you not expect to be reviled after choosing that for your introduction?
Every one of these guys showed themselves to be obnoxious from the beginning of their time here, and I repeat: It is all based on behavior not the substance of their opinions. That I and others mostly engaged and criticized them for being shills for Serie A, Pirlo, and Italy is due to (1) it's easier to argue substance over procedure and manners, and (2) we'd rather argue substance than call people jerks. But you know what, this group is all jerks and it's turtles all the way down.

Here I was thinking my run-in with Ulrich Ulrich yesterday would be the excitement for the week.
  • Doxxing has become a word with an elastic meaning that depends, for too many people, on which side they fall on at a given moment. I purposefully did not claim that Bianco doxxed me for that reason, and also because I openly use my name in my handle. I also did not tag NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan, nor did I message him, asking for a ban or any other sanction. That said, I appreciate and support Dan's decision here.
  • Doxxing or not, what Bianco did was horseshit. He can go to FB and discuss the fact that people here are showing support for punishment to whoever committed a felony and mugged a Portland supporter Saturday night without screenshotting Lion's post and mine and posting the image over on FB. If people want to come here and look, let them. Regardless of how you define doxxing, I can't think of any non-malicious reason why he would need to screencap. If anybody has one, I'll listen.
  • The abuse I took was not so bad and limited. I quit the NYCFC Supporters Group on FB almost as soon as it started which removed the ability of people to @ me. I understand there was a continuing discussion both positive and negative about me by a bunch of nitwits but it happened without further notifications to me.
  • Now, as much as I'd prefer not to relitigate "Who's an Asshole," that seems to be the current topic. Let's not pretend Bianco and his buddies were broadly disliked here for the substance of their opinions. They were and are disliked because of their tone and general obnoxiousness, and they universally show it from the very beginning.
    • Bianco's first post ever was in response to one I made offering some free soccer gear. We met and I gave him a jersey. In his very next set of posts after that he made a mistake about the Away Goal Rule. Fine. If you're not an asshole you accept the correction, acknowledge, and move on. We (SoupInNYC and I) corrected him. Soup included multiple web citations in evidence. We all make mistakes. It should have been nothing. Bianco's response was to just keep saying that Soup and I were wrong, that Soup's sources were useless, and then Bianco literally photoshopped a Wikipedia chart to make it say the opposite of what it really said, with a "clever" note it was not photoshopped. The most charitable interpretation of his actions is he thought it was funny to pretend to be a jerk who can't take correction. But (1) that's not actually funny, and (2) when you do that as your first action to a group of people who don't know you, the difference between pretending to be an asshole and being an asshole is not theoretical. You're just a fucking asshole. That he did this in part directly to me immediately after I gave him a fucking brand new soccer jersey when I never previously met him led me immediately to put him on ignore. It had nothing to do with his opinions on Pirlo, Serie A, or Italy, or anything substantive. It was his obnoxious behavior. My only regret is I relented after he calmed down, and gave him a second chance, because he showed he can occasionally go intermediate stretches of decent behavior. But he kept reverting to his nature, and yesterday was it for me. I'm glad he's gone and I have no desire to interact with him. If he wants to apologize I'm willing to listen through an intermediary, and if I judge it sincere, I will accept an apology directly.
    • In D dkalev's first post he called another forum member an idiot. Look, you don't have to start licking our boots when you are a new poster here, but when you introduce yourself to a new community, you should be able to go one single post without insults and calling people names. It's just common courtesy and decency. If you don't understand that insults on this board made by people with a massive posting history are viewed differently than insults as an introductory first post, I can't help you. Nothing he has done has given me cause to change my opinion, and yes, I do periodically check the posts of people I ignore to see if they deserve a second chance.
    • Most recently, Etnaman Etnaman introduced himself to us. Another one of Bianco's buddies from Teddy's Army on LI. He joined the forum in March 2015 but never posted until August 2017, and in his first post he goes full "DO YOU EVEN LIFT BRO?" on Gotham Gator. Bloody fucking hell! You wait 2.5 years to actually post, and immediately you insult the knowledge and experience of someone who's one of our most active and respected members using a clichéd form of insult, and do so to argue on a topic ancillary to NYCFC? We're supposed to be impressed? How in holy hell do you not expect to be reviled after choosing that for your introduction?
Every one of these guys showed themselves to be obnoxious from the beginning of their time here, and I repeat: It is all based on behavior not the substance of their opinions. That I and others mostly engaged and criticized them for being shills for Serie A, Pirlo, and Italy is due to (1) it's easier to argue substance over procedure and manners, and (2) we'd rather argue substance than call people jerks. But you know what, this group is all jerks and it's turtles all the way down.
Yeah, basically that.
giphy.gif

• In D dkalev's first post he called another forum member an idiot. Look, you don't have to start licking our boots when you are a new poster here, but when you introduce yourself to a new community, you should be able to go one single post without insults and calling people names. It's just common courtesy and decency. If you don't understand that insults on this board made by people with a massive posting history are viewed differently than insults as an introductory first post, I can't help you. Nothing he has done has given me cause to change my opinion, and yes, I do periodically check the posts of people I ignore to see if they deserve a second chance.
    • Most recently, Etnaman Etnaman introduced himself to us. Another one of Bianco's buddies from Teddy's Army on LI. He joined the forum in March 2015 but never posted until August 2017, and in his first post he goes full "DO YOU EVEN LIFT BRO?" on Gotham Gator. Bloody fucking hell! You wait 2.5 years to actually post, and immediately you insult the knowledge and experience of someone who's one of our most active and respected members using a clichéd form of insult, and do so to argue on a topic ancillary to NYCFC? We're supposed to be impressed? How in holy hell do you not expect to be reviled after choosing that for your introduction?
Wait wait wait..... you said "every one of these guys showed themselves to be obnoxious" and I'm at the top of your post..... sheesh, happy Monday to me. :(

Wait wait wait..... you said "every one of these guys showed themselves to be obnoxious" and I'm at the top of your post..... sheesh, happy Monday to me. :(
Sorry. To be clear, the ones in the double indented bullet point list are the targets of my ire. For some reason, Ulrich Ulrich and I are friends in meatspace but sometimes cannot get along here without occasional semi-virulent clashing, but it's all good.

Reactions: CatNYC
mgarbowski mgarbowski conveniently took a dump on us after having us all blocked. I explained myself once before but I guess we're just bringing things up again. If he had such a problem with my first post that he overreacted, he could have reached out to me privately to see what the deal. Instead he took the hostile route and blew everything out of proportion. I think it's fair to say that I've been conversing with people in this forum without an issue, except for him.

I know he keeps bringing up me having an account open for a while. I already said that i signed up when NYCFC first started in 2015 but never got into the community until recently. i was actually a part of the putrid Facebook group that caused all the problems but got removed because I went against the "hooligans." Now that I'm trying to find a space to converse with other fans more like minded to myself, mgarbowski mgarbowski happens. I'm beginning to think that i should have just made a new account and started rather than using my first because apparently that's a big deal to him.

Reactions: Mario

Don't wanna be called dumb? Don't say dumb shit it's really that simple.
All I learned from this is you guys can't handle criticism, have a sense of humor akin to that of a Muslim person when viewing a caricature of Muhammad, and complain about people being buddies when you got your own group thing going on too. Funny, so my first post was to call someone dumb, which is not the way to introduce myself to a community (it's an online forum guy, not a UN council meeting). Yet you're okay with your pal up there saying newbies gotta get hazed from the getgo as their intro to the community. I have all of maybe 80 posts, we can go visit one by one if you'd like, but basically you just want me gone because you and your pals think I'm an asshole, which is fine. Just say that then, because I am asshole. I don't know if that's against the rules but I'm sure if it was by now I would've been banned as y'all itching to ban me